Nerf Bone Tissue

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
All bones and teeth are super abundant in this game. Ironbone, molarium, incisium is the high end of bones and they are SUPER easy to acquire. Why should bone tissue be super bad in comparison? The gap is small but it's noticeable, which makes using ironbone or molarium the obvious choice if you have some. Just because bone tissue is an easy material to get and gear out a bunch of players doesn't make it a bad thing, it just makes it lower the ceiling to get into PvP. Going outside and killing pigs to get bone weapons, armor and bows is a GOOD thing. The bone weapons and armor are not better than metals, scales, or high end bones. Why should players not be able to easily gear themselves with somewhat ok gear?

If you are good at the game and wear steel armor + steel weapons you will dunk on players with bone armor and weapons. If you are bad at the game with steel armor + steel weapons you'll die to players in bones. This is a GOOD thing, this game shouldn't be about whoever has the best gear wins. It should be whoever has the best skills, combat awareness and prowess in combat. If players having quick access to be somewhat viable in PvP makes you upset you should be only wearing bone weapons and armors for no investment. Or get better at the game and dunk on the bone armor wearing idiots.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
I'm pretty happy with bone tissue being abundant and decent. The only reason that at the moment it feels too op is the mount bags aren't a thing and getting any of the better bone materials is the grind equivalent to painting a house with a spoon. Once mount bags are in and the game is persistent so people actually want to grind metals it will become obsolete very quickly.

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I made a short comparison from these, yeah the different between the bone materials itself are not much.

But I hope it helps maybe the disccusion, i dont know xD
Party Hard:
Good video! I cant decide if it hurts or proves my point. Because my issue with bone isnt bone vs steel. Its bone vs the teeth and ironbone, vs how much harder they are to get. As some others have stated, it could be that bone only feels op right now because theres no pet bags and that pigs drop massive amounts of carcass, which makes the others harder to get in comparison. Because right now it doesnt feel worth the effort to get them. And while mount bags will help, the world is also bigger in this and going out to get materials will take longer. Hurting the others more. But depending on how things play out with mount bags and carc drop rates bone could be ok how it is.

And for Bone being op, Molarium weighs noticeably more, and gives worse blunt, while being a noticeably slower to get material that you cant get with skinning knife and need to go farther from town to get. I can see that SV is trying to balance the different teeth so that they have pros and cons instead of tiers, which is good. But, its literally stupid that bone is better blunt than Mol, when bone is supposed to be garbage, lowest tier armor mat. I dont want them to ruin bone to be straight trash, I'd just like if the gap of the better materials was a tiny bit better, especially with blunt. But who knows maybe when they add mount bags I'll think the others are easier to get enough that bone wont be too good in comparison.

And for some math fun with the calculator you linked. Mol weighs 31% more, for 8% more slash, 7.7% more pierce, and worse blunt (a tiny %, but its still worse). So for hybrids or anything that armor weight matters, which isnt common, but say for super scroach medium armor, the bone is better for the weight. Another reason it should have lower stats. And I know this is an extreme niche case, but its just another possible time where bone isnt even worse than the 'better' materials that are harder to get and are worth more.

Reactions: Gronil