Neftan's "Interactive World" Suggestions

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Something missing in MO1 were meaningful, or if not meaningful, at least enjoyable interactions. I would like to see this change in MO2, to make the world feel more alive. I will compile ideas I or others suggest here:
  • Interactive House Decor / Open World Objects
    • Chairs that are reliable
    • Tables that allow additional decor to be placed on them
    • Beds that allow you to sleep with benefits
    • Cabinets that open.
    • Chests that open.
    • Doors that swing or slide.
    • ETC.
    • -
  • Interactive Organic Objects
    • Rocks that change as they deplete.
      • They could look chipped, have cracks, etc.
    • Trees that look toppled or injured when they are low on wood.
      • If toppling were too much stress or complicated, having some axe marks and bark peeled would be much easier.
    • Plants that look picked after being gathered (not despawned)
      • This allows for spawns to be located and planned around
    • ETC.
    • -
  • Player Character Interactions and Animations
    • When eating, actually produce the food from the inventory and eat it
      • Allow this to be interactive, dynamic
      • When sitting at a table, would use the table to eat
      • Etc
      • Include this for drinking, as well.
      • Allow the placement of food and drink into dishes
        • This would allow players to host feasts, or even just small meals for friends and allies
        • Would allow for pubs, or inns that are player run
      • Food and Drink Models would depend on the Cooking Crafting system
      • -
  • When trading with another player, perhaps an idle animation between the two to show a trade
    • Perhaps when in a trade and the animation is rolling, depending on a players intelligence, awareness of theft would go up, or down, due to distraction
    • -
  • When standing still, and using your inventory, or other skill menus, character would rummage in a pack, or study a piece of paper
    • This is more realistic than standing blankly and add more depth to the game, as well as a level of awareness
    • -
  • When at a crafting bench of any sort, with the interface open, idle animations showing that you are engaged
    • Not just a motion when something is completely crafted
    • -

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Very good for both immersion and for content creators. Gods just imagine the movies that will get released.

Reactions: Neftan

DrChaoz

May 28, 2020
Germany
A more Interactive World is also in my Opinion necessary for a better feeling Gameplay. But be aware, maybe all of this can cause a lot of bugs the effects of which we cannot imagine. Or not, noone knows

• Wow
Reactions: Neftan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
A more Interactive World is also in my Opinion necessary for a better feeling Gameplay. But be aware, maybe all of this can cause a lot of bugs the effects of which we cannot imagine. Or not, noone knows
True and true.

An immersive world is all the better for the game and especially since its a mmoRPG.

Just make restrictions like you have to stand still while it plays and if you move it cancels, that alone imo will curb most bugs as most bugs related to such things in MO was movement based.
Same with emotes regarding this.

Reactions: DrChaoz and Neftan