Need Crusher and Furnace in the South

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
It seems we only have a crusher in Tindrem, Morin khur and Meduli. My suggestion is that we get crushers and furnaces implemented in every main city. As of now, we have to go north with stacks to crush rocks. It kinda makes no sense in lore that you would have a civilization surrounded by granum with no way to crush it. And no furnace in Bakti to process materials.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Pretty sure that’s by design, kind of like GK being the only place with blast furnace.
that way people are forced to move around and/or fight for the best spots on the map.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Pretty sure that’s by design, kind of like GK being the only place with blast furnace.
that way people are forced to move around and/or fight for the best spots on the map.

Henrik confirmed they will re-add portable crushers/grinders though, so they idea is sort of moot. Besides, it can be argued that a crusher isn't that hard to construct, and something that could very well be found in every town, and from a gameplay point of view you crush much more than you grind.

It just feels odd to fuck over everyone in Khurite villages over a crusher, when there are other things they can balance around.

Reactions: Serverus

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki

I get something like a Blast Furnace, Greater Natorus orTephra mine which is end game content. But we are talking about a basic crusher. I hope they decide to implement at least a portable crusher merchant in the South.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
imo either vadda or moh ki should get a furnace, and all 3 or 2 of the camp towns should get a crusher.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
There should be a crusher in every town. It's just such a basic facility. I also noticed Jungle Camp has no equerry. Every town should have an equerry.

A few basic things all towns should have IMO:

Crusher
Utility Vendor
Equipment Vendor
Campfire
Bank
Equerry
Reagent Vendor

Probably a few others I am forgetting.

Without these really basic facilities they are not viable as bases to be lived from, and every town should be a viable base. "But keeps..." don't have pickpockets and gankers running around them generally. Towns, especially red towns, are always going to be more dangerous than well set up player owned structures. No need to also deny them basic facilities.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Forcing people to spend hours mining to get a large haul to make transporting worth it, then forcing people to spend 1+ hours transporting across a large world, THEN forcing people to extract the materials for 1 - 3 hours...is bad game design.

People can say "iTs hArdCoRe gAmE" all they want. Hardcore does not = excessive tedium. MO1 had an issue of almost being a second job, SV better not make the same mistakes for MO2.

Basic ore processing machines and things like Alchemy tables, Herbology table and juice press should be available to all NPC towns. Certain specialized machines like Grizzly's should be in specific towns.

Blitz

Feb 15, 2021
I totally aggree, theres is no point to live somewhere if there is absolutely no basics stuffs like written above... The game is big enough to avoid stupid travel for basics stuffs like this. That makes a lot of people disappointed because many people hates MK and they are almost forced to be there if they want to make equipment. That really needs to be changed if SV doesn't want to piss off people with that mechanic

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I think originally there was a thought process to what appliances were where, like I always thought the reason khurite villages besides MK never had a furnace was because those weren't well established, or something like a furnace was maybe too advanced technologically for them to have built inside what could be almost considered temporary living quarters...if you squint it can make sense.

However like all things some of these choices should have been revisited over time and adjusted because some of the choices weren't the best.

I don't think all towns should have all things tho. MK and Tindrem should. And then the other towns maybe should have the basic general appliances a typical unspecialized laymen or laborer would be capable using.

There should also be laymen appliances spread across many POIs in the map, at farms or NPC type mines that give more life to the world and purpose for existing. The map is enormous so it needs to be filled out with interesting things which can both bring life to the world and introduce more use and utility to otherwise empty areas. But they should make them unique and have one or two amenities and not go overboard with it homogenizing them all to be the same.

They should use there data which shows where players go and travel and spend time and add more things to the areas no one has ever spent much time, like the whole SE portion of my land above the jungle which had barely anything going on in it in the first game.

More wilderness outposts with various