Need advice with profession to a tamer mage

Llimiel

Jan 31, 2022
Hi,
I'm full sheevra dex mage tamer (wanna change it to domination when I leave Haven). Any tips about profession to choose? Should I learn all 8 Zoology subclasses or would you recommend only some specific? What else can I learn for not so much points left? Scribing looks useful for a mage. I'm also looking at Alchemy or Pet Equipment Crafting, but not sure if they worth it considering that they require points in material/extraction skills as well

Reactions: juneau54

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Well obviously only get the animal lores you need for your pets. No point getting Pisces lore if you aren't taming fish…its a joke, you cant tame fish.

also, hard to say what you need withouth knowing what you got already. Are you talking about the Professional skills? Or action skills?

Iff its Professional skills then anything you feel like doing really. Mages dont need much armour or any weapon. If you want to make money Butchering i guess (even though hunting as a mage is hard). Yea Alchemy is good if you are into collecting herbs and mixing ingredients. Its not easy making good potions though, takes a lot of time.

pet begs skills is a must, but you only need to put like 1 point in each to be able to craft a basic bags. Dont neeanything more than basic really. It just has low durability.

Sin

Jan 21, 2022
pet begs skills is a must, but you only need to put like 1 point in each to be able to craft a basic bags. Dont neeanything more than basic really. It just has low durability.

Does a higher skill in pet bag crafting say for bear bags not increase the pierce, blunt, slash defense rating? or only affect durability?

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I'd say go the butcher route. Pick up whatever lores for all of the materials of whatever creatures you'll mainly be hunting and bring the carcass back to the butcher table and get all you can. Then if you're not in a rush for money I would sell the resources on the broker to other players instead of to the vendor.

After that find something you enjoy doing. There won't be any point in learning alchemy if you're not interested in it. But really if you are interested in alchemy then you should already be looking into that instead. There is no rush and nothing is permanent so later on down the line when new skills come out you can pivot to those skills.