Necromancy's spell reagents kind of ruin the class fantasy

PridefulWorm

May 23, 2024
Simply the idea that when you become a skilled necromancer/ ritualist the only way you can get ritual blood is by going around and stealing it from the NPC Necromancers, or having to buy stuff from the necro vendor. It is not only inconvenient but makes it feel as though you are some kind of second-rate necromancer who doesn't really comprehend how it works but just get by casting the spells. On top of this, it seems strangely tied to spiritualism boxes which feels like a different thing/ a flavor fail IMO. Ritual blood/ ash is easy to farm in the right areas but I would even prefer it's acquisition to be harder if it was more flavorful and was a result of the player's occult knowledge.
For example, if you could maybe craft your own ritual circles(even if difficult) then make a ritual to sacrifice mobs turning them into ritual blood/ ash it would feel so much more interesting/ better even if it was less efficient than farming the mobs.
As far as the spirit boxes being required for necromancy I would prefer something else altogether, maybe some kind of crafting you do with corpses to make necormancy specific reagents. Something like "fermented spinal cord" idk

I'm a new player just starting to get my necromancy going and this is how I felt