Nave Illuminati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes Indeed, that siege was terrible because th server was getting ddos'd everytime we wanted to siege. It was a massive keep and it was a big hit to ID alliance, they werent the same after.

You might like koto, but on that war they didn't do much, but can't really blame them, the reasons they quit the game at that point were completly fair, sieging was aids and the server was getting ddos'd all the time.

Shiet didn't knew zazca died, i do remember him.

Uhmm i don't think it's fighting for merit, but damn some people don't think before they "suggest" shit. Seen same quality of stupid stuff like in MO1 steam launch, it was the same.

Well sieging was the ultimate griefing tool, it was terrible and it burnt down entire guilds. Idk if you know what logístics were for sieging, we talking about extensive planning, farming, boulder running. It was super time consumming, took massive time and organization.
Traders claming neutrality but they were mass producing shit for specific factions. Ichorous keep boulders happened a few times.
Idk about the testosterone but at that time the only fuel was destruction and revenge. Happened ID had a big proud mouth and Aralis allways wanted to flex on other guilds, absorb them into their alliance or threatening them to be neutral and thats how we recruited batki southern militia. We talking about weeks if not months of diplomacy that involved many guilds, many guilds that hated HERJ but at the end fought with us.

Even tho that destruction fueled a lot, it also made entire guilds quit. Entire guilds that didn't even do siege logístics, even tho we had assembled a really strong alliance there were vultures type of guilds around waiting for the correct moment.

Like VH, Valhalla. Who had the fame of harboring some cheaters. A guild that threatened HERJ and did siege demon's keep funded by lexorn and helped by ID alliance.
I still remember Aralis wanting to negociate and asking for the relic we had and 2 stacks of gold, and we would be off the radar since our alliance was crumbling down.

Funny times we end up trading Demon keep for oasis keep to VH and they even payed us extra. After that, lexorn scammed VH since he funded the sieges and got the keep and kicked all VH.
We got oasis keep, VH had a massive palisade infront with like 3 cuprite towers and more houses plus all TC, they liked to camp our keep (after all they had none) so i remember i told them to take a chill pill or bad things would come. Till jahogen got killed once and Lost a max lvl prepatch horse, which was enough reason for him to grab from he's personal stash a few manganons that soon after scorched VH's palisade to the ground.

And thats how pyre was formed, a few VH refugees and few remaining quads made pyre.
VH lost a lot of gold and TC assets, they really didn't think it through and gave us a keep infront of their palisade. Then pyre learned the lesson and didn't help ID alliance till they joined the war months later.

Some people wasn't permeable to discuss shit, some people just wanted shit to burn. And that looseness" to siege ended up making people super resentfull and frustrated. People that lost all TC progression and wasn't even involved on those wars, the collateral dmg lol.
The famous attrition wars. That Fabian strategy thing was hilarious. It wasn't a strategy they were just burnt.

People sieged to make other players quit, imagine people is complaining because the current law is not punitive enough. Then you see them asking for sieging, clueless noobs if they are.

It was a joke anyway.

I know, but MO is 'that srs.' That's why I never built TC for myself. I never wanted to waste time building, defending, or caring about when the tide turned against me cuz of some shitpost I made on the forum haha. However, the game is so soft now, that it's like... why not.

But yea it's different, man; like when you are ID or whatever and you have, at the very least, a decent name for yourself (altho people whisper about wack things you do) and a big alliance, then it all gets shit on, then yea you quit or join another guild. I mean, I feel like people were trying to make me quit MO1 from day 1. I thought that was like THE GAME. haha. I just got more and more fueled, but I also didn't wanna worry about static shit on the map when I didn't know if I'd be there or not. Never really found an advantage to it, either, except just 'building something.' I didn't wanna beg any of the big guilds to build on their territory or w/e... I am def an anarchist per se in games like this. Was trying to pay out to get walls destroyed tho lol. All those pay me and I'll siege it kids balked. BOOO. That and I knew they'd just build them back.

Quitting, exhaling, taking a break, it's all good... but yea I def thing siege and some of the more brutal aspects of MO are missing. Regardless of why people did them. Makes no sense to have building w/ o siege. I def understand what a bitch it is to siege, tho. I've never done it, but knowing what it takes, I can imagine. I used to get attacked farming turtles w/ molvas cuz people thought I Was running boulders to ELY RLC keep.

But I mean if shit ever got serious, I would have got in on something. That's the good part about it. If things ever became unbearable (except for the walls thing, nobody really had a solution to walls) for me, I was willing to go in and do w/e it took to get things back to normal, do my part, y'know. But I'm pretty good at staying on my own stuff. Also if it was a human gate keeper instead of a wall, I reckon I might have been able to talk my way thru it.

Regardless, yea it sucks, but shit's real, yknow? Same w/ pvp. Dudes PK all the time, but to a lot of guys, PK is as griefy as siege, they just haven't invested in the game yet. Still, you need that option.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It was a joke anyway.

I know, but MO is 'that srs.' That's why I never built TC for myself. I never wanted to waste time building, defending, or caring about when the tide turned against me cuz of some shitpost I made on the forum haha. However, the game is so soft now, that it's like... why not.

But yea it's different, man; like when you are ID or whatever and you have, at the very least, a decent name for yourself (altho people whisper about wack things you do) and a big alliance, then it all gets shit on, then yea you quit or join another guild. I mean, I feel like people were trying to make me quit MO1 from day 1. I thought that was like THE GAME. haha. I just got more and more fueled, but I also didn't wanna worry about static shit on the map when I didn't know if I'd be there or not. Never really found an advantage to it, either, except just 'building something.' I didn't wanna beg any of the big guilds to build on their territory or w/e... I am def an anarchist per se in games like this. Was trying to pay out to get walls destroyed tho lol. All those pay me and I'll siege it kids balked. BOOO. That and I knew they'd just build them back.

Quitting, exhaling, taking a break, it's all good... but yea I def thing siege and some of the more brutal aspects of MO are missing. Regardless of why people did them. Makes no sense to have building w/ o siege. I def understand what a bitch it is to siege, tho. I've never done it, but knowing what it takes, I can imagine. I used to get attacked farming turtles w/ molvas cuz people thought I Was running boulders to ELY RLC keep.

But I mean if shit ever got serious, I would have got in on something. That's the good part about it. If things ever became unbearable (except for the walls thing, nobody really had a solution to walls) for me, I was willing to go in and do w/e it took to get things back to normal, do my part, y'know. But I'm pretty good at staying on my own stuff. Also if it was a human gate keeper instead of a wall, I reckon I might have been able to talk my way thru it.

Regardless, yea it sucks, but shit's real, yknow? Same w/ pvp. Dudes PK all the time, but to a lot of guys, PK is as griefy as siege, they just haven't invested in the game yet. Still, you need that option.
Yeah it's understandable theres risk, but if you havent sieged you cannot know what it implied.
Yes theres a whole spectrum of things in-between. In my eyes that last biggest and longest war the game had was about burning the game down. It wasn't because people was having fun" or competitive, it was a twisted way of revenge". Devs have put so many sticks in certain groups wheels, abusive changes, ninja patches, never aknowledged ddos, some of those players if not all made it all about punishing the devs and their small (and Big) favors to specific groups, the amount of shit people endured from SV is nuts.

I'm talking about gamebreaking changes mid war that benefit one side of the conflict. Maybe if SV didn't pull that shit instead of balancing properly prior these events people wouldn't have acted with such treachery.

One thing is to differenciate competitiveness framed in the game's rules and another thing is having careless shitty invasive delopment that fucked a lot of players. This negligence SV used discretionally ended up contributing to what happened at the end.

All these false promises from Henrique are not something new, they have been part of the bones of mortal, and looking at this game now, one can tell it's the same story, replicating the same shit, and even worse in some aspects.

Sieging was flawed, and it shouldn't be in MO2 what it was on the previous version. Not saying the game shouldn't have sieging or the competitive aspects of it. Thats the only thing that gives it purpose.

But saying it was okay and compare it to no consensual pvp is idiotic.

I feel you talk about this "hardcore" component, which should be ingame. But hardcore shouldn't be sinonimous of gamebreaking, or tedious or horrible for player's experience.

And you wouldn't believe how many sieges we planned and got done, the amount of loss we generated lol.
Theres a lot of design problematics that werent addressed in MO1 about sieging and if they make it like they making content right now one thing is for sure going to be cancer, not competitive gameplay.

They even made it so guilstones wouldn't get destroyed at ID's request, because they" could destroy guilstones but when it came their time suddent changes happened. MO1 was a joke. Only fanbois couldn't see what was wrong with all that shit.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah it's understandable theres risk, but if you havent sieged you cannot know what it implied.
Yes theres a whole spectrum of things in-between. In my eyes that last biggest and longest war the game had was about burning the game down. It wasn't because people was having fun" or competitive, it was a twisted way of revenge". Devs have put so many sticks in certain groups wheels, abusive changes, ninja patches, never aknowledged ddos, some of those players if not all made it all about punishing the devs and their small (and Big) favors to specific groups, the amount of shit people endured from SV is nuts.

I'm talking about gamebreaking changes mid war that benefit one side of the conflict. Maybe if SV didn't pull that shit instead of balancing properly prior these events people wouldn't have acted with such treachery.

One thing is to differenciate competitiveness framed in the game's rules and another thing is having careless shitty invasive delopment that fucked a lot of players. This negligence SV used discretionally ended up contributing to what happened at the end.

All these false promises from Henrique are not something new, they have been part of the bones of mortal, and looking at this game now, one can tell it's the same story, replicating the same shit, and even worse in some aspects.

Sieging was flawed, and it shouldn't be in MO2 what it was on the previous version. Not saying the game shouldn't have sieging or the competitive aspects of it. Thats the only thing that gives it purpose.

But saying it was okay and compare it to no consensual pvp is idiotic.

I feel you talk about this "hardcore" component, which should be ingame. But hardcore shouldn't be sinonimous of gamebreaking, or tedious or horrible for player's experience.

And you wouldn't believe how many sieges we planned and got done, the amount of loss we generated lol.
Theres a lot of design problematics that werent addressed in MO1 about sieging and if they make it like they making content right now one thing is for sure going to be cancer, not competitive gameplay.

They even made it so guilstones wouldn't get destroyed at ID's request, because they" could destroy guilstones but when it came their time suddent changes happened. MO1 was a joke. Only fanbois couldn't see what was wrong with all that shit.

I dono man. I mean... it's like saying, you ever been a roofer in 100 degree weather? It's like no... but I can dig it. And it's like NO U CAN'T. It's like well, I might never really understand the whole of it, but I know enough. I know it was a big grabazz, everyone said it was.

I'd personally like the game have... keeps and some houses like before TC. I am anti TC. I don't think it adds much to the game, and that's a wild hot take, but that's how I feel.

It's very important. I feel like domination and control is a big thing in this game, and not just owning something by controlling it w/ troops but actually having your little outpost there. Like I said... I dislike it. Everyone wants to put their stuff in a good spot to farm mats, thus you get a map with huge clusters of ugly TC by all of the worth while stuff. I don't like that one bit. That's just my 2c on TC.

I dunno how to fix siege, but it does have to be something that people can react to, since like I said it's static and your whole guild might be asleep or w/e.

I already posted before that I would LOVE a proper system to govern pvp and have war decs be something you have to drop before asset destruction. Then there would be a timer before you could do something, the area around stuff would become treated differently, too, so everyone could fight. Sounds exploit-able sure... I dunno. I'm sure there is a way to plug the holes, but I haven't given it any thought cuz not one person has appreciated that idea. NOT ONE! haha.

But yea, I'm kinda meh at MO in general atm. If I could fix my sub for 1, maybe I would actually derp around in there. Dunno what else to say beyond that.

Reactions: Hodo

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I dono man. I mean... it's like saying, you ever been a roofer in 100 degree weather? It's like no... but I can dig it. And it's like NO U CAN'T. It's like well, I might never really understand the whole of it, but I know enough. I know it was a big grabazz, everyone said it was.

I'd personally like the game have... keeps and some houses like before TC. I am anti TC. I don't think it adds much to the game, and that's a wild hot take, but that's how I feel.

It's very important. I feel like domination and control is a big thing in this game, and not just owning something by controlling it w/ troops but actually having your little outpost there. Like I said... I dislike it. Everyone wants to put their stuff in a good spot to farm mats, thus you get a map with huge clusters of ugly TC by all of the worth while stuff. I don't like that one bit. That's just my 2c on TC.

I dunno how to fix siege, but it does have to be something that people can react to, since like I said it's static and your whole guild might be asleep or w/e.

I already posted before that I would LOVE a proper system to govern pvp and have war decs be something you have to drop before asset destruction. Then there would be a timer before you could do something, the area around stuff would become treated differently, too, so everyone could fight. Sounds exploit-able sure... I dunno. I'm sure there is a way to plug the holes, but I haven't given it any thought cuz not one person has appreciated that idea. NOT ONE! haha.

But yea, I'm kinda meh at MO in general atm. If I could fix my sub for 1, maybe I would actually derp around in there. Dunno what else to say beyond that.

Well you can't know how terrible it was if you haven't been part of, you can imagine" and read" about it but nothing compares to the actual experience. Sieging was indeed a terrible feature for the game lol and who dares to say it was nice either didn't play it at all or just an idiot.

Yeah it was fun the whole politics spectrum of things, the organizing and strategy but the actual mechanics were awfull.

TC is essential for the game, brings massive opportunities to the wilderness while not having TC would really suck in MO2. I personally had way more fun after TC in MO1 because it made a lot of people play and siege shit, which made it active and full of conflict.

You don't give a real reason why you don't like TC, if its cuz its ugly. Well we know SV don't design shit, they buy it, and if they design it, will probably be buildings in form of cubes with shitty brick textures. TC has more value than the actual modeling design, but i can agree SV never really invested on models and textures and they don't do it now either.

Well yeah, TC should be in part features and tools for guilds to gobern and stablish organic interaction within regions, the ecosystem concept.

But it really blows my mind anyone would be asking for sieging now, because its not the answer to any problematic at the moment. Some give shitty excuses like "gold sink" mechanics, and its like these people haven't played a game in their lives to suggest such shit tier quality of ideas damn.

People be like. "Suggestion, make gold sink mechanics, thanks. Bye" #genius #problemsolved

im done with SV, im not going to suggest anything or tell idiotic noobs not to ask for jails. They can all jump into Henrique's boat and sail to helvete, ill just spectate how they keep making this game garbage.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I feel it goes against the whole open world thing. I think there should maybe be spots for TC, spots to add on to towns, etc... maybe even places to build town-like things, but MO1 and all its farming stations really made the game wack for me. Croc farm station, bla bla. It's just a stash box for most people. A butcher table at prowers.

Some people did some cool shit w/ TC but the vast majority of it was un-immersive TO ME. Like if you built a city right by a Risar camp that they wouldn't be attacking your shit. It seems like a really big step back from 'free placement,' but if there were limited spots to build, special places, some that could accommodate larger structures, some not, it seems to make more sense, and would cause more conflict, too. Then people would be forced to drop say... something big and share it instead of spamming 7 houses. OR the 7 houses would be a template that would actually look somewhat normal.

I'm just talking shit. I don't feel people are gonna listen to my suggestions, tho... much love at seeing mount Stam increase after Ichorous made that thread. It's not all in vain. I know the game I conceive is not the game that MO is. I know it prol doesn't even SOUND like something good to you guys, but yea I'd say the number 1 problem w/ TC is lack of governance in terms of its placement and its use to farm/mine w/e then just jump in your house.

That's why siege prol IS necessary because people are stacking and nobody can stop them unless you wanna sit outside their house. But that's a losing battle like sieging walls.

I like ideas like... planting seeds in open fields, maybe even scattering food to make certain mobs spawn for x time, stuff that is forming the world. With tools like that WE could flesh the world. Instead we have what seems like all of the guilds in the game w/ their little towns built by the most profitable 'camp' or 'dungeon' that they can find. And none of these dudes even play the game that much, in most cases lool.

A great example is jungle camp. People have all these little spots by it, but it's like?? It's jungle camp! You should be at jungle camp! I could see adding to jungle camp.

You used the word ecosystem, and I am all for things that build up the world, but that's not what TC is in most cases.

It's just offensive to me to have butcher tables everywhere, banks everywhere. That's not a good look for this type of game. I feel TC was the beginning of the end (did I already say that? Super long post,) and even tho SV promised no walls, they still don't understand. There's a difference between letting players shape the world and everyone basically building what amounts to qik stop gas stations.

But, again, I'm different... I know. It's not cuz I don't have TC. I have been in guilds w/ TC. I could join a guild and use their TC. I could use their farming stations when more types of TC are introduced. It's just not MO, to me. JUNGLE CAMP HAS A BUTCHER TABLE. That is a massive change. Unless it's one of those things I forgot (like watching that MO1 vid and seeing how fast it was to wrap a bandaid in 1, holy shit,) there wasn't one before.

I still think towns are the main hubs and need to be populated. That's also why I prefer that players never be barred from towns.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Double Post: but I mean... ramps, stairs, bridges... all that is cool. Obv might need some GM intervention if it was used 'improperly.' But I want a TC that makes the world dynamic not easier.

And yknow the seed thing, based on area, food for mobs, based on area. Mobs eat seeds, maybe, too, haha. A whole new system! New sliders to manage. I dunno, man, it's all just the same shit, sadly. But yea I think people can have their houses and strongholds, but I just feel like there might be more TC in the game, if you gave each TC a value of people it accommodates, than people actively playing.

I'd even take the keeps away from people who aren't playing loool if they aren't gonna add siege.

In general, even tho people are out there hard farming for necro and will for awhile, I feel like the game has def hit STAGNATION already.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah we kinda super off topic, but i agree with you. TC shouldn't only be in the form of wilderness commodities/safety.
While poor design of the map and the ecosystems" makes TC commodities a requirement.

I disagree with making towns the epicenter of all, because theres just a handfull of poorly made towns that used to concentrate a lot of population without a purpose. I do believe towns should offer things TC shouldn't, so towns are still used, not like MO1 TC where you could hire a vendor right next to 20 breeding pens and a butcher table and make stacks of gold safely.

TC had many mistakes and i doubt they will fix em this time to be honest, like they keep making the same mistakes from MO1 lol.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agreed, the only way to keep integrity is to stay solo and stay true to your purpose(whatever that may be).

step 1. don't hold a keep.

step 2. roll w/ me (but I'm not playing lool)

If we built up stuff, like if ICH was in my guild and someone sieged his assets over drama, I promise you we would raise a giant shitstorm. The actual reason to not be in a guild is cuz 75% of the people who play this game are intolerable jackasses, 'just kidding!'

Nah, but true re: is don't hold a keep. You have drama regardless if you hold a keep. Ich you held 2 keeps basically solo, of course there will be drama. If you produce boulders... it's feasible.

But yea, if I were you (Ichorous,) I wouldn't poly to protect your stuff, I would set up chess moves for after. It would be relatively easy to get the majority of pop on your side IMO, if someone did take action against you.

Plus people sieged your shit for luls too, so fuckem.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got another one!

@Albanjo Dravae remember when they said they were gonna add fire arrows? That like... didn't happen, did it? I feel like if there were fire arrows, half the shit in the game would not be standing.

Agree/Disagree? And if you do agree, isn't it kinda weird?

Reactions: Serverus

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I got another one!

@Albanjo Dravae remember when they said they were gonna add fire arrows? That like... didn't happen, did it? I feel like if there were fire arrows, half the shit in the game would not be standing.

Agree/Disagree? And if you do agree, isn't it kinda weird?
There were fire arrows, used mostly for TC towers, would generally take a lot of fire arrows to take down wooden TC walls but it was possible.
I think when they actually added them they were broken op against wooden walls, soon they got nerfed.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There were fire arrows, used mostly for TC towers, would generally take a lot of fire arrows to take down wooden TC walls but it was possible.
I think when they actually added them they were broken op against wooden walls, soon they got nerfed.

They were gonna add them to MO2. I contend that... even tho it's not exactly 'easy,' it'd be enough incentive for people to clear out the map cuz most people aren't there. I mean RPK kids would do towers solo haha. I can def imagine having a party with fire arrows and people nuking a bunch of the TC.

Just occurred to me.

Aug 2, 2021
Who would be considered the “Illuminated Ones” of Nave?

It’s good to know who is who and what guilds will step up when TC comes. This way we can band together to stop tyrants from claiming keeps, duper’s, hackers and scum that plan to give siege equipment to all the Rust inspired players.

Also Henrik keeps mentioning the “big influencers” are coming. Who the heck are these influencers and who will stand together to stop the Chinese invasion? Things to consider as we reflect on the politics. We are 7 months into persistence and I don’t think a wipe is coming. We are going to have to clean up the map ourselves boys.

For the Greater Good
What does it mean to be "illuminated?"

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Speak for yourself. I bet you’re a pussy also in RL. You don’t want to see me in game or in RL. Keep up the phony tough guy persona just know there is a guy much tougher than you.
Lol why so triggered, am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.