Name of player not show u til on fiendlist

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Are you saying you don't want names displayed until the friend request is accepted?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Are you saying you don't want names displayed until the friend request is accepted?

Yes, pretty sure that's what he means.
Would actually be kind of fun.
But would also support grief, since you can't bully those griefers and you can't tell them from normal noobs.

Reactions: Rolufe

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Just make it so you cant see a persons name until they are within a certain range of you. Name, or flag.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I remember a post of Henrik about the flag not shown at all. The copy of that post from Discord must be somewhere in the MO1 forum.

Reactions: Speznat

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah name not showing can be very abused imo.

In an ideal world and ideal MMO I can see it working good though, just not in Mortal.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Yes! Just remove the name once someone leaves a "safer" area unless they are in your guild, warring guild or on friends list. Gives people freedom outside of towns also makes everyone scary when wondering the lands freely!

Phen- " Hey you on the hill!! I love you!", charging a thunderlash as he waves to the poor unknown soul.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
How about the only friends list you get is the kind you write on a sticky note and place above your monitor? No in-game lists. Make the game more hard core

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Then the guild chat should be removed also! Only short distance to "say" or larger distance to "yell".
I was just getting there thanks. People shouldn't be allowed to communicate across vast distances when the radio has been invented yet. Only short distances only if the game is to be anywhere near as hardcore as Escape from Tarkov

Darknight

May 29, 2020
Pretty sure going hardcore to this extreme (re no guild chat, no in game lists) will just drive players away and result in an empty world. People also use VOIP, so realistically this move will just disadvantage those who don't. Again the no names showing when you look at them will, most definitely, be abused and be used to grief to the extent that it would not make the game fun for many.

Last edited:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Pretty sure going hardcore to this extreme (re no guild chat, no in game lists) will just drive players away and result in an empty world. People also use VOIP, so realistically this move will just disadvantage those who don't. Again the no names showing when you look at them will, most definitely, be abused and be used to grief to the extent that it would not make the game fun for many.
If Tarkov can do it, MO can too. If this drives people away the game is too hardcore for them and they should go play Maplestory or something.

Reactions: Speznat

Darknight

May 29, 2020
Tarkov is not exactly an MMO in a seamless world and MO requires players to work a lot more together to achieve something

MO1 had the right amount of hardcore for what it is. Also, MO does not exactly simulate medieval, its more fantasy setting but that's beside the point. MO's strong point is social interaction. Players make the world, players define the 'story'. Removing social elements from the game will not be the way to move forward as that will further limit the player's ability to do things. Now you can argue 'Use voip'. What about those players who don't? It creates a serious disbalance between those people who 'metagame', aka those who would use teamspeak or Discord for example, and those who don't. Going hardcore to that extreme in a sandbox that relies heavily on players coming together to do something, and making it that much harder to do it would be shooting itself in the foot.

There's a line between enjoyable hardcore and the I can't be asked with this hardcore. Going the latter route will ensure a very small population and reduce game longevity significantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavu

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Tarkov is not exactly an MMO in a seamless world. MO1 had the right amount of hardcore for what it is. Also, MO does not exactly simulate medieval, its more fantasy setting but that's beside the point. MO's strong point is social interaction. Players make the world, players define the 'story'. Removing social elements from the game will not be the way to move forward as that will further limit the player's ability to do things. Now you can argue 'Use voip'. What about those players who don't? It creates a serious disbalance between those people who 'metagame', aka those who would use teamspeak or Discord for example, and those who don't. Going hardcore to that extreme in a sandbox that relies heavily on players coming together to do something, and making it that much harder to do it would be shooting itself in the foot. There's a line between enjoyable hardcore and the I can't be asked with this hardcore. Going the latter route will ensure a very small population and reduce game longevity significantly.
I'm not saying remove chat. I'm saying remove chat past 100 yards. If people want to use Discord that's fine since there's no way to police them other than using some sort of honor code. And there is no difference between enjoyable hardcore and "I can't asked to be" hardcore. The ultimate goal of any hardcore game is to be as hard and unforgiving (often associated with realism) as possible. If people won't play the game because of that the game is too hardcore for them; it's that simple. This is part of Henrik's Vision and unless you're footing the bill/owning the intellectual property rights of MO this is what the game needs to be.