NA Server on Launch?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The continents having different server locations is hopefully what they'll end up doing. It'll still require the game to run good with high ping due to people crossing over but it'll also leave the option to play where your ping is good. Will be tough for me as a EU player though, I liked ducca more than Myrland. But this new myrland is damn fancy though and if ducca upgrade is even cooler than last time then i'll be jelly. Would still make the trip there even if it was a US server, ping wouldnt be too bad for me anyway.
I'll be honest. I dont ever wanna see Sarducca again. If they insist on giving us another continent( which they shouldn't unless pop is booming) then idk why everyone wouldn't want to see one of the others like Nordveld.

D

Deleted member 44

I'll be honest. I dont ever wanna see Sarducca again. If they insist on giving us another continent( which they shouldn't unless pop is booming) then idk why everyone wouldn't want to see one of the others like Nordveld.
They are already working on sarducca, the best continent in the game.

Reactions: Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm going to call you a liar and refuse to believe you. There is no way SV is that dumb.

right?
nah Ive heard henrik saying they are working on it right now. I never played Saraduca but Ive always heard that no one went there except to collect taxes and that it was really boring. Seen some videos, it looks like a waste of time for both dev and players.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
nah Ive heard henrik saying they are working on it right now. I never played Saraduca but Ive always heard that no one went there except to collect taxes and that it was really boring. Seen some videos, it looks like a waste of time for both dev and players.
It is. Myrland is 6x larger now. They need to fill the current world with dungeons, caves, etc instead of making another damn continent. Thats the dumbest decision they can make.

It also split the PvE and PvP players.

Reactions: Meltdown

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
A new continent is nothing for the first one or two years after release! At first Myrland has to be finished, and all the missing core features like housing, keeps and territory control must be fully implemented. A faster coming new continent would be needed only in case of a overcrowded Myrland in long term, means the first wave after release is over but the number of players is that high that players complain about always clean farmed animal spots, bandit camps and dungeons.

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
Ah, thats a shame. Guess it saves me $40 and a sub fee though, thanks for the reply!

I'm in the same boat, but I'm in Oceania, so even worse pings for me.

I raised a thread about this 6 months ago, with no reply from SV or anyone being able to confirm it.
One less person playing MO here too..

If they want to keep the world feeling more 'populated' they shouldn't have made it 6 times bigger than MO1 in the first place.

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
I think generally the US players won't be affected as much as those living in the Asia-Pacific region. I've watched numerous players duel both in video and in-game, they seem to be able anticipate and counter their opponent's moves in real-time.

You might have a bit more of an issue if you're living in countries in the Asia-Pacific region like Australia for example. But lately I've noticed that even lag isn't as big of an issue as it used to be on my end. Could be that they improved things under the hood, possibly.

Yep I'm in New Zealand and I can't even block a zombie in the graveyard.. combat feels laggy asf