My Wish List

Tiroides

Feb 22, 2022
Good day,

I played mortal online back in the day and I have really good memories about my time spent there, however, I could not get past some of the bad design decisions and I ended up leaving for good. That is one of the main reasons why I was not thinking about buying MO2.

However, I ended up buying it. And I am glad I did.

After a couple of days playing MO2 I am really encouraged about the direction of the game. Small changes like mobs runing away on failed tamed atempts or the button for teleporting to a "home" priest are really making the difference. I dont know if it is too early or the criminal system is more strict but we also see way less grief which is good.

That been said, there are a couple of things that bug me:

#1 The emptiness of the world
I have been exploring from Fabernum to bakti and some of the jungle and there is NOTHING in the world. There are maybe a couple of mob spawn scattered around but everything feels so empty. Not even gatherable resources. I hope that they plan on adding WAY more mobs, gatherable resources and whatnot to the map. On the positive side I sometimes saw a bush pig running past me which was awesome. At first I though that it was buged or chasing someone but then I realized that the mobs run big distances from time to time. That is a nice detail.

#2 This game does not respect my time
That is something that really buged me in MO1 and it keeps buging me in here. hiting a boulder during 2 hours for bulding is a questionable choice. The same goes for 15 minutes of head bobbing when mining or lumberjacking. When gathering resources, why do I have to click 10 times in the same bush before depleting it? What does this R spam adds to the game experience? Maybe you guys like it and I am the odd one but I just wanted to share my thoughs in case someone else thinks like me.

#3 Odd stacks' numbers
A Zombi drops 1100 carcasses. 1100 what? Kg? lb? In what units are they? The same goes for the crafting slider; would it be that different if the numbers were more accessible? 1 to 10 would be way more meaningful in my humble opinion. Small numbers are more accessible.

Anyway, I am geniuinelly enjoying playing this game.

Thank you for your time.

PS: Please don't add walls other than for the Keeps. Thank you.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
I whole heartedly agree with #1 and #2. For #3, it would be nice to easily view how many resources will be used before crafting an item.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
I feel alot of the emptiness is there to allow for player built towns and things however building to far away from main cities are hard atm since you lack the necessity to live there atm, No red priest, not vendors, no bank (House chest i guess) no stable master, no ammo vendor, No grinder or crushers and so on. Unfortuently guild towns are gonna be stuck in Main towns or close to Maintowns until where able to get these building/npc's in player towns.

Larpushka

Feb 19, 2022
Great feedback, I just have a small caveat about #1 but I pretty much agree with everything

#1 - Personally I like traveling through open space without worrying that powerful spawns will spot me and go after me which can happen in sandbox games and then it can be terrifying because you're always on high alert... this is a bit more relaxing... there are the PvP'ers sure but PvP'ers+spawns.... paranoia alert :) maybe if those spawns would be inside some encampment/cave/etc and not roaming the open world...that's my caveat on suggestion #1

But I agree that the emptiness can be improved - I'd go for your suggestion of adding more valuable gatherable resources rather than spawns - especially when you're far from any main cities... I was traveling from Moh'ki to Morin-Khur and collected thousands of flowers on the way which were worth about 20 gold overall...but it was a loooooong drawn out process which goes to your next point.

#2 - agreed 100%. Nothing to add. I touched on it with my own suggestion that distances between merchants/hunting grounds could be made shorter... as for gathering resources...totally. Even cutting the 360 Dapplewood in haven was... ridiculous, I just pressed "R", started slowly gaining more dapplewood, went to make myself dinner IRL, came back and was a minute away from making the quota... kinda silly no?

#3 - I agree it's a bit weird and I never bothered to try and understand the units :)

Last edited:

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
#1 in regards to gathering resources... they seem to increase quite a bit after you read the lore books. So it seems there is quite a few locked behind you need to know something about them before you can harvest them. This has at least been my impression with flowers, mushrooms and the like.

Reactions: Larpushka