My List of Suggestions & Feedback

amazingazda

May 29, 2020
1. The world is not populated enough compared to how large it is.
- AI is too spread out.
- I know this is being worked on, but I still feel like I should list it as it is a pretty major problem.

2. More sophisticated forms of AI needs introduced into the game.
- AI needs routines and patterns based off time in the world, for example: Banker leaving at 5pm and wandering city for a while, then going "home" at 9PM.
- Traveling vendors and merchants need added, with routes between cities.
- This will give players a "guide" for finding cities.
- Encourages PvP as this also gives players a roaming "landmark".
- Special vendor NPC's which wander different terrain types and hide from players should be huntable, and only trade only after they are brought low on health and captured by a player or group of players.

- More creatures in the game should have time based triggers and routes throughout the game world similar to Gamels and Desert Horses in Sarducca of MO1.

- All vendors and shops should have times they open and close, besides potentially certain vendors being "24 hour" vendors, with after hour charges for "overtime" pay.

- Certain AI should be more or less effective at depending on conditions such as time of day and the weather.
- Examples:
- Reptiles (i.e. Sators, Water Lizard, etc.) become sluggish without the sun. During periods of night these AI should become considerably more weak.
- Birds and other flying creatures become unable to fly during storms.
- Riding speed, turning radius, and sprinting becomes slower during wet conditions (rain / thunderstorm).

- Certain AI should hunt other AI but be passive towards others.
- Carnivores in the world should fight other carnivores and herbivores except those of the same species.
- Bandits should agro all other nearby creatures which they spot, but not other bandits.
- Certain AI should "fear" other AI and attempt to run, for example a Wolf would not attempt to fight a Bear.

- More forms of flying AI needs introduced into the game.
- Flying AI should be more improved to be similar to other games such as ARK.
- Flying AI should only be capable of taming or being dominated during periods when they are unable to fly (while wounded or during specific types of weather).
- Terror Birds would be vastly more terrifying if they were capable of flying.
- Dragons and other powerful rare flying creatures which patrol certain areas killing players it finds should be added.

3. Make every city able to be captured (unlike Tindrem / Beth Jedda in MO1 where they could not have a tower placed nearby) but give them active siege defenses.
- City walls should be given health and defense like TC Structures.
- Fortresses such as Tindrem, Fabernum, and Morin Khur should go into "lockdown" and close their gates when under siege.
- The requirement of capturing a city should be that the Magistrate is killed before a TC tower can be placed to capture a city.
- City guards should be programmed to defend the Magistrate as a priority while the city is under attack.
- After the Magistrate has died guilds should be able to place their Tier 1 Tower inside the city itself.

4. Wolfbrush Plants should give more per yield,
- 130-160 isn't enough when horses need 900 to 1035 of it per 100 hunger. It took over an hour to get my horse below 100 Hunger (I didn't keep track but it actually felt longer than that even) after I had tamed one in Jungle Camp. It takes so long currently to feed your horse in the wild after taming it that you literally can't do anything but focus on feeding your horse.

5. Please allow walls into the game for all guilds and not just keeps.
- Content blocking creates conflict, which in turns promotes things such as war and rivalries between guilds.
- If Walls are creating problems there are many other solutions, such as making them easier to destroy or adding zones where walls cannot be placed.
- The sandbox nature of the game is the game's primary appeal, NOT THE PVP. I believe the company will do well to remember that. Freedom is the primary reason players enjoy games such as this, and when you start taking that freedom away there is no longer any appeal or reason to play the game over another PvP Sandbox game.
- If you hate walls consider reading this.

6. Please give players the option to close the game before the logout timer expires.
- It can already be done with ALT+F4, but having an additional button there would be nice.
- Personally I believe 2 minutes is too long for a log out in unsafe areas. If someone has to leave the game, then they have to leave. The 60 second timer from Mortal Online was perfectly fine, there's not much reason to hinder players further by adding that additional timer where someone might happen upon them forcing them to stay online longer than they intended.

Last edited:

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
1. The world is not populated enough compared to how large it is.
- That's because we're playing a beta. A lot of that empty space will be player towns.

2. More sophisticated forms of AI needs introduced into the game.
- Henrik has mentioned this on stream already, the current one is first draft. AI 2.0 is being worked on.

- More forms of flying AI needs introduced into the game.
- I agree on this one.

3. Wolfbrush Plants should give more per yield, 130-160 isn't enough when horses need 900 to 1035 of it per 100 hunger.
- You can just buy Dile from a Grocery vendor and feed your pet if you don't want to collect plants. Also, there is better food to give your pet than wolfbrush.

4. Please allow walls into the game for all guilds and not just keeps.
- Please don't. Allow us to hire guards instead.

Reactions: Speznat

Piet

May 28, 2020
I know 1 and 2 are being worked on but I agree to the statments.
On 3 I highly disagree if Tindrem and MK are capturable there may be no safe place because when they are captured guards can be turned off. They did mention a way to be the leader of the cities in a non TC way that lets you control some things while keeping them a safer spot for newer players where the guards can't be turned off though.
On 4 wolfbrush isn't bad and just feed the horse water, but also it's an issue more now than normal because of a bug that's making horses eat more than normal.
5 I also highly disagree here. Walls in the end make it so you have to siege for pvp and siege should be saved for if you want to blow someone up not just if you want pvp.
6 is temporary they will make camp fires to log at and such.

amazingazda

May 29, 2020
4. Please allow walls into the game for all guilds and not just keeps.
- Please don't. Allow us to hire guards instead.

I think guards existing is actually a bigger problem than walls and let me prove my point to you...

What's more dangerous, a wall with no guards or 1,000 mercenary mages with no walls?

And there you have it. Things like Merc Mages are one of the sole reasons MO1 failed, it had nothing to do with walls. Walls in themselves are a healthy mechanic and defense from griefers. When you begin to add things such as the ability to add infinite guards into the equation it ruins the balance of the game. This combined with the other relevant TC problems that existed made it to where the game became unplayable when large guilds existed.

This whole topic in itself warrants a post of its own because I can explain and prove many things that would really open eyes on the matter.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I agree to most but not to all.
Vendors or Bankers that are gone during the night might sound immersive on paper, but in reality it will lead to frustration and people will just log off during the night.
And I'm against walls, even after reading your other thread.

Reactions: Woody