My first impressions and wishlist

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Love the game so far really great base to work from. My saturation level during the day is a bit much right now, very noticable on the trees. Having DLSS on helps but still the saturation is too high IMO.
Ya Henrik you were right the roads leading to nowhere gotta get reduced, or we need road signs or something, I have yet to succesfully find my way to Bakti from Mohki.

Wishlist:

In game clues to discover the magic systems like the necro and elementalism spell quests in MO1.

in game clues to discover special moves

In game lore such as pickable books, inscribed monuments, etc.

most of all spells should be gravity based

spell animations should look more like the damage they do. Such as Lightning in MO1 where you get struck by a big bolt of lightning and only take 11 damage. The spells should be even more subtle and realistic in MO2. If your gonna have a fireball do 22 damage it should be a very small fireball, plus it should be gravity based. Some spells in elementalism for instance did not line up well with the damage they dealt. The boulder spell for instance was nice for siege equipment but made no sense when it hit a player for so little and how hard it was to cast/land.

multy purpose spells such as a light spell that mages can use instead of a torch that also has a blinding effect when cast in the sunlight. We dont need tons and tons of spells (I mean that would be cool) but I do like the idea that fewer could be multi purpose.

My idea of the perfect mage spell is a small torch light spell that is also a fireball, that is also a way to blind during direct sunlight, that also can be thrown and sticks a while to light the way ahead in dark places.

Mushrooms:
I love the idea that you can come into the game, learn and have fun playing the game, but also gain some real life insight into things such as the work involved in hunting, butchering, cooking, blacksmithing, the identification of plants and trees. I would love a kind of a mushroom mini game. Where theres lots of pickable mushrooms in game but they are all just named "mushroom" when you pick it, and you need to know the skills or your own knowledge from the game you can tell what type of mushroom it is. They can be used to give like +Int -Dex, or what have you when used a specific way in a potion or cooked. And different effects when raw.
And you actually learn that your interested in something like blacksmithing, trade, or even mycology in RL by finding out you enjoy it in the game. Very cool concept.
There's a few easy identifiers with mycology that I think fit perfect in MO2 such as; mushrooms grow in groups or individually, this is a tell what type of mushroom it is. Is it found near a specific type of tree, or on a specific type of tree? Then there's the obvious, color, size, visuals, etc. Some visuals can be very minute and intricate because of UE4 and your great graphics team. Such as a "veil" which is a ring around the mushroom stem after it broke through it. This is another tell in RL mycology. It could be a simple, yet fun sandbox system at first with endless ways to build off it.

TC Idea (work in progress)

Each player gets 1 flag, they can replace every X amount of time after it gets destroyed. The player TC flag is much smaller and easier to destroy by hand than a clan TC tower. If your personal TC flag connects with your clan TC radius, then it will connect as clan TC, otherwise it is your own personal TC.
You cannot get a MC if you kill someone in yours or your clans TC.

The guildstone acts as the first clan TC tower. So you can start your clan with a house to protect the guildstone or a castle. The guildstone acts as the MO1 keep radius. The guild hall flag takes over everything from MO1 keep guildstone. An MO1 keep NPC can be purchased for your guild hall with prominence.

also it would be cool if the player flag was a spike in the ground and you can add player heads to it.

Some of the larger trees would make great hiding spots if they had a dugout, and some could even be hidden entrances to simple or elaborate underground, root caves. Super hard to find, hidden chests n such.

Thanks to anyone that read this, feedback and debate welcome.

More ideas to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't read walls of texts but I definitely read the name Magos!

welcome back xd

Reactions: Magos