Murderers

Swabby

Apr 25, 2023
It is aids to start as a new player. The murdering system just isn't cutting it imo. My suggestion is if a player gets x many murder count he is indefinitely an outlaw. That is the role or path he or she chose to take. They will be always flagged and are confined to outlaw towns. I think this would open up lots of RP opportunities for the bounty hunters. Better rewards for higher killer count. A true good vs evil approach. Be fun to be a bounty hunter and ride into a lawless town and slaughter the bandits and the bandits have their fun riding around in packs preying on the farmers.
I think this would help the new player such as myself easily ID people that want to do us harm and it would lessen our encounters with them while learning and farming to get to the point we can take up arms and effectively hunt for the good or the evil. Either way its heavy on my mind to put the game down until some thing is done. As it stands right now I cant seem to leave a town and farm without being beat down by a pack of thirsters. 3plus vs 1 in shit gear.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I agree , after a certain amount of murders a player should go RED named to be identifiable wherever they are so noobs can at least "try" to escape.

currently you might think as a noob "gee these guys are all blue out here near this dungeon il go say hi to see if i can make some friends" little does this new player know every signle one of those blues has 100+ murders and is in discord with all those guys ready to gank you.

its not fun for the actual good people in the game.

im not ok with stat loss or any of the other stuff they wanto do to be tougher on murderers , i just want them to have red names and be attackable without flagging criminal.

I do think Kranesh should have its own rep system and if your red the kranesh guards should attack blue players that dont have any kranesh rep.

Swabby

Apr 25, 2023
Yea I dont like the idea of a stat loss for the that choose to murder. Thats their gameplay and there's nothing wrong with the way they play their game. If they were ID as criminals then most wouldnt hang around towns waiting for that fresh spawn to venture out because there's always someone out there better and he could be a fellow criminal looking to prey on another criminal or a hero player looking to collect a head to turn and get coin for the criminal. The penalty of your actions would always running from the "law" ingame. Law being the bounty hunters and town guards.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Yea I dont like the idea of a stat loss for the that choose to murder. Thats their gameplay and there's nothing wrong with the way they play their game. If they were ID as criminals then most would hang around towns waiting for that fresh spawn to venture out because there's always someone out there better and he could be a fellow criminal looking to prey on another criminal or a hero player looking to collect a head to turn and get coin for the criminal. The penalty of your actions would always running from the "law" ingame. Law being the bounty hunters and town guards.
Yah and i do believe SV has bounty hunting on the backburner right now but i think they have somthing in mind when it comes to the zoning rules to help improve the bounty hunting system.

Reactions: Elijah

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
The War dec system also contributes to this by making players like myself into murderers when really we are just at war with multiple guilds. When I declare war on a big guild they can just forfeit and we all lose gold. But they probably got bigger pockets than me so its not a sustainable way for me to reduce my murder count and be a blue player. The gold should be given to the gold that "wins" the war dec. And I should be able to declare ware on guilds that have less than two active murderers. I got guilds like wolfzeit that farm in the same area as us and abuse the murder count system since they dont have murderers. Game forces me to be a PKer.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
The War dec system also contributes to this by making players like myself into murderers when really we are just at war with multiple guilds. When I declare war on a big guild they can just forfeit and we all lose gold. But they probably got bigger pockets than me so its not a sustainable way for me to reduce my murder count and be a blue player. The gold should be given to the gold that "wins" the war dec. And I should be able to declare ware on guilds that have less than two active murderers. I got guilds like wolfzeit that farm in the same area as us and abuse the murder count system since they dont have murderers. Game forces me to be a PKer.
you are a murder if you murder others you know?
no abuse

• Haha
Reactions: Elijah and Piet

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
If this is a true siege related MMO game, then we will all be murderers when the time comes!
i mean yah if you murder people and dont create a war with your enemy then yah , youl prolly just be murdering.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
If this is a true siege related MMO game, then we will all be murderers when the time comes!
This may not be as much of an issue when the lawless zones are implemented.

If the outer areas where players build is lawless then battles and sieges in those areas will not make players criminal.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
honestly they just need to add rednames to anyone with enough murder counts and give out a one time token with a 1 month duration on it for an optional reset to 0. Make attacking a red a non crim action that can be done anywhere. Allow reds in town but they dont get the security of the guards.

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
the problem with this game is it sells itself as 'play how you like' but the truth is the only effective way to play is get a group and just kos everyone because there are no meaningful consequences for murder. Attacking first is a huge advantage due to the clunkiness of the gameplay, so the logically best way to play, once you're good enough at combat, is to jump anyone you see. Defensive play choices are extremely limited and basically boil down to 'run if you can'

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
the problem with this game is it sells itself as 'play how you like' but the truth is the only effective way to play is get a group and just kos everyone because there are no meaningful consequences for murder. Attacking first is a huge advantage due to the clunkiness of the gameplay, so the logically best way to play, once you're good enough at combat, is to jump anyone you see. Defensive play choices are extremely limited and basically boil down to 'run if you can'
thats exactly why people need to be able to respond to threats quiker. Having red names allows players to respond immediatly when they see a red name.

Reactions: Rahz and korteks

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
thats exactly why people need to be able to respond to threats quiker. Having red names allows players to respond immediatly when they see a red name.
Red names are surely a step in the right direction. Let's just hope with TC the standing system will be revisited ( red guilds for example.. i mean we already know what to expect from certain guilds and other guilds wont get murder counts for hunting them) With the addition of player cities we'll maybe be able to make blue cities and the surroundings a little safer since we can now just ban mass murderers from blue cities without them crying about getting smacked in Kranesh (which BTW is a perfectly fine punishment for killing miners/lumberjacks and pets) Don't get me wrong, I want this game to be full loot open world PvP and stuff but right now there is absolutely a lack of punishment.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
what is important is that the ability to play as a murdering evil hobo is not removed from the game or treated to harshly , a game like this needs murderers we all know that. my hopes it the zoneing rules dont make it too difficult for murderers. the only thing i wish to see changed about the murderer playstyle is the mentality. when i say we should have red names i generaly get responded too by people with 100+ murder counts saying "well how am i supposed to go kill a whole bunch of people who dont wanna die and take all of their stuff without going red and being attacked all the time?" well see heres the thing you shouldnt be running around murdering people if your not a badass. id venture to say 75% of the people with 100+ murders wouldnt have those murders and wouldnt participate in those murders if they were forced to be red after. Because those 75% of murderers arent real badasses they are generaly too scared to venture off in small groups or go solo and will only murder when its an assured victory with a large gank squad.

To those who would say something to the affect of "well it doesnt change anything id just log onto my blue and not kill anyone on that charecter"
This in itself shows how adding rednames is a great solution if having a redname has forced you to stay inside your keep or house because your too scared to be always criminal then having a redname has literaly stopped you from murdering because your not a badass.

to those who say "it would just make greifing worse for the blue players" i beg to differ you would see less active red charecters and in alot of cases people would choose not to go red at all therefore systematicly lowering the murder rate.

to those who say "well i have 5 accounts il just log on another one" Ok good and buy another account while your at it so that the negative effects of your actions are balanced and reciprocated with more development $$

real REDs want red names if your a murderer with 25+ murders and you dont wanto have a red name to show how badass you are then your a fraud.

anyone who is a badass and wants red names and has 25+ murder counts should really look around them at their group that they play with and ask themselves who are the badasses in my group? or who are the leeches that only murder when the real badasses are around.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
what is important is that the ability to play as a murdering evil hobo is not removed from the game or treated to harshly , a game like this needs murderers we all know that. my hopes it the zoneing rules dont make it too difficult for murderers. the only thing i wish to see changed about the murderer playstyle is the mentality. when i say we should have red names i generaly get responded too by people with 100+ murder counts saying "well how am i supposed to go kill a whole bunch of people who dont wanna die and take all of their stuff without going red and being attacked all the time?" well see heres the thing you shouldnt be running around murdering people if your not a badass. id venture to say 75% of the people with 100+ murders wouldnt have those murders and wouldnt participate in those murders if they were forced to be red after. Because those 75% of murderers arent real badasses they are generaly too scared to venture off in small groups or go solo and will only murder when its an assured victory with a large gank squad.

To those who would say something to the affect of "well it doesnt change anything id just log onto my blue and not kill anyone on that charecter"
This in itself shows how adding rednames is a great solution if having a redname has forced you to stay inside your keep or house because your too scared to be always criminal then having a redname has literaly stopped you from murdering because your not a badass.

to those who say "it would just make greifing worse for the blue players" i beg to differ you would see less active red charecters and in alot of cases people would choose not to go red at all therefore systematicly lowering the murder rate.

to those who say "well i have 5 accounts il just log on another one" Ok good and buy another account while your at it so that the negative effects of your actions are balanced and reciprocated with more development $$

real REDs want red names if your a murderer with 25+ murders and you dont wanto have a red name to show how badass you are then your a fraud.

anyone who is a badass and wants red names and has 25+ murder counts should really look around them at their group that they play with and ask themselves who are the badasses in my group? or who are the leeches that only murder when the real badasses are around.
As far as zones go, I hope that the plan is to have every thing outside of NPC towns to default as lawless.

Then players could choose if they want to get law in their controlled area or not.

Over time the world would be able to change what areas were safe and what ones were not do to player actions.

I am not sure if they will bring back the ability to take over npc towns again.

But the capital cities where exempt from that. So those cities would always provide a safe bet for those that want to always be in a city with laws.

This sense of extra "Safety" could even lead to the capital cities being more populated.

If things were like this then there would be less people that are actually flagged as criminal.

Basically the only ones that would be come criminals would be the ones that still choose to kill in the "safer" areas.

Punishments could even be increased since there would be less ways to become criminal.

Reactions: Haxanmancer