Murderers and Consequences

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
I think crime should work more like GTA, you have crime levels from 1 to 5 each level gives u a certain punishment, lawful areas should have more guards on hot spots, even guards on priests if there is griefing, and guard patrols on main roads, a bounty hunt system where players can earn cash for kill criminal, once the head is delivered to a blue priest or something the gosht of the criminal player will be locked in "jail" when he respawned. To report crime a player or NPC nearby can report the criminal

Reactions: Skabsticles

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
How about thought out ideas to revise the entire law/order/murder/priest/etc.. system instead, as vague statements of change aren't helpful at all, we may just end up with worse changes that end up with more nuisance to the game.

How about a timer on any priest that isn't inside a town? Get killed in a dungeon? Revive at the priest. Get killed again? Dungeon priest is counting down a 60 minute timer for you, so now you have to travel back to town.

Another thought is to revive as 'grey' with a 10 or 15 minute timer at any priest that isn't inside a town.

Reactions: teddytw1209

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
...a bounty hunt system where players can earn cash for kill criminal, once the head is delivered to a blue priest or something the gosht of the criminal player will be locked in "jail" when he respawned.

Eve tried this and it failed miserably for obvious reasons.

Do not like the idea of player jail. Anything that takes away player agency is a very, very bad idea.

Reactions: Dramonis

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
How about a timer on any priest that isn't inside a town? Get killed in a dungeon? Revive at the priest. Get killed again? Dungeon priest is counting down a 60 minute timer for you, so now you have to travel back to town.

Another thought is to revive as 'grey' with a 10 or 15 minute timer at any priest that isn't inside a town.
Those could alleviate troll spawning and unnecessary murder counts, I personally question why certain priest placements even exist, or why there are pig spawns inside a town, etc.. i'd love to see something like you mentioned above after more strategic placement of priests are done.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Sorry buddy but we have been been doing this since 2011. This is a HARDCORE PVP FULL LOOT SANDBOX GAME. If you die to someone, it is not 'griefing" It is simply them killing you bro. Murders have to walk 30-40 mins back to civilization anyway. That's plenty punishment. Dying is the purpose of this game. Please go to a different game since you cannot stop dying apparently.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Sorry buddy but we have been been doing this since 2011. This is a HARDCORE PVP FULL LOOT SANDBOX GAME. If you die to someone, it is not 'griefing" It is simply them killing you bro. Murders have to walk 30-40 mins back to civilization anyway. That's plenty punishment. Dying is the purpose of this game. Please go to a different game since you cannot stop dying apparently.

Sorry couldnt help but laugh at this post.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
The reality of the current PvP state

This type of rush inside a city is unacceptable.

The problem is most of the ppl who say they are great PVPer, That mages need nef, Red priest too Far ... Are just ppl trying to justify easy mode game. They are not trilling for a good game exp for all players they just want a MA simulator with griefing of a new player base, and try to justify this with stupid logic by saying, "you play bad, me kill noob, me better" or "me play MO1, me know things".

Such behavior is just to keep the Guild griefing and not have to deal with more gameplay variety and consequences.
You are assuming alot, Fabernum is one of the best cities once you've accepted and bought into they way things are run. The people attack Fabernum and then the fab militia comes out to defend this is just the way things are in the game and honestly is the best example of how the game should and could be run.

Anyone who thinks this is unacceptable can move to one of the plethora towns that barely see any real pvp out side organized fights. Fab is the town that comes to the closest to being the best version Mo2 can be.

Reactions: Tzone

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

The problem is most of the ppl who say they are great PVPer, That mages need nef, Red priest too Far ... Are just ppl trying to justify easy mode game. They are not trilling for a good game exp for all players they just want a MA simulator with griefing of a new player base, and try to justify this with stupid logic by saying, "you play bad, me kill noob, me better" or "me play MO1, me know things".

Such behavior is just to keep the Guild griefing and not have to deal with more gameplay variety and consequences.
But in reality, people asking for the game to be easier from both sides. One says red priest is too far from anything and mages are op. The other side says the players are too hard.

Reactions: Midkemma and Tzone

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Sorry buddy but we have been been doing this since 2011. This is a HARDCORE PVP FULL LOOT SANDBOX GAME.

Bro you made me laugh.

Bu just to you understand my point of view and worries. I played ultima online , tibia in hardcore server and mortal online 1 since beta also i have a MA red, a Mage, a Beast master and a foot archer/crafter account... so when i say "kill a random new player noob without gear isn't be hardcore" is not beacause i'm trying to defend a playstyle. i never said the game should stop be a full loot pvp, which is this similarity with UO that makes me play the game.

Is because is the game's punishiment system is an issue, think in this way this game had a Back-end issue (Queue Servers), than a noob drop on fabernum, the city has bugged guards the noob player which is already lost in the world will endning up getting killed over and over till it realises how to play the game.... and the game is basically in beta phase with no content and with a small dev team. this will lead for a very bad impression on the game and force the population down as we see now a lost of 50% of the pop base, which can mean not much now, but the tendecy of every MMO is pop loss over time and the first impression of the game being a bad one worries me cuz after the subscription be on the game retention will drop and than will just left ppl like us who plays the game since beta phases... Than we will play with pop a peak of 1200...

the thing is to SV make the game better they will need revenue by sub and game pruchase with a bad pop retention MO2 will need a MO3.... and the game content will never evolve enough to see the game in your prime

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021

Still don’t understand why sv even has guards. If you’re not meant to pvp inside blue cities, disable pvp in those cities. Then you don’t have to worry about bugged guards.

That said, fab is the most fun place to be right now. It’s where blues actually get to engage in pvp (by far the most enjoyable part of the game atm). I wonder if SV has data on which towns have the most player drop off - I would guess that fab is close to the bottom of the list.

Reactions: Dramonis

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think that casting a one-size-fits-all blanket over PvP is an error in judgement. There certainly are types of player killing that should be harshly punished. Just like there are types that should probably not be punished at all.
If Sv could understand this, the game might actually survive. Sadly, they prob wont. But the game really needs zones. Having a weak ass standing system doesnt cut it. It may prevent killing in one way but just opens more griefing (and griefign could partially be fixed with more zones, like no collision in towns). And to not totally kill pvp, being red has to be viable. And then once people are red its yolo kill all the nubs. Game needs a way more in depth system tha nthe crap we have now. To make killing nubs at the Gy not the same as killings a guy at mino cave.

And I feel like this isnt supposed to be fun. They made parcel running a mechanic.

D

Dracu

Harsher punishments make sense when...
An alternative for pvp players to do pvp exists...
Everything connected to these changes gets wiped aka murdercount/rep reset...
Changing a core system afterwards without giving the chance to adjust is bad.

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
The game is realism in a sandbox mythical medieval world right?
All through civilizations there has been Law and order with punishments.
Murderers in game don't have harsh enough consequences.
First the bug needs fixing asap to report the murderer because it feels like justice isn't severed every time you are killed at present.
The Murderer really need to go pure red and not able to go into towns unless the towns are lawless or player run pk towns.
If a murderer dies after a predefined number of mindless kills say 10? They should have fear of rezing to soon when they die and have to stay as a ghost until there murder counts are gone. Then they might think twice before killing some one especially big groups of gankers who go mindless killing without fear of any thing.
If they rez as a red player they should get stat loss and skill loss. It need to force them to be a ghost untill they repent and can re-join the civilised players again.
Its not a good look for players new to the game when they get murdered and nothing is done about it.
i think in irl , medieval time , if a group of bandit gangbanged me while im farming potatoes or sum shit . im pretty sure no one will do shit to report them unless its one guy robbing me . and they will all have my potatoes and getting bitches . while im either burried underground or being a ferterliser for the crops . so being mythical , the game allow me to respawn and murdercount them and maybe seek revenge . i think mo is pretty real here

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
They could make this a feature of the game, where there are gray cities that has fewer guards or is succumbing to corruption, and red could pay guards to not get killed, or simply allow players to dominate an NPC city and change the laws .... but the problem is when a bug causes an intentional PVP lawless city when was supposed to be a blue city... is gives a bad impression.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I think that basically a sandbox game should offer something for every playstyle. Problem is neither playstyle has its place really atm and it is kinda borked for both pve and pvp orienated players.
As of now pvp is limited because it's basically a crime most everywhere and on the other side as long you don't pvp too much you can easily kill someone here and there if you think his stuff is shiny enough which leads to a lot of killing around towns still which leads to frustration to newer/pve players - which a sandbox game also needs no matter how much some only want it to be a pvp only game. key should be to let them get into the game and have more dangerous zones they will and want to venture into when they are somewhat settled.

Until now I think no other game has really got a better system to combine the different playstyles into 1 game world as EvE and I think the empire-lowsec-0.0 idea would also greatly help in mortal and could be transfered over maybe a little different.

i personally would make it 4 types in mortal which surely would need some npc/ressource relocation and surely would need a good look on the map where each zone type exactly fits.

nation zone: around bigger cities - really harsh penalties for killing a blue player (MC+Standing) so only dedicated reds will raid this place, added npc patrols (should be killable by a few ppl) and a few guard towers (would need quite a force to be cleared) here and there. loot/clade xp/ressources reduced

edge of nation zone (basically the normal zone we have now): normal penalty for killing someone (MC), no guard npc's. normal loot/clade xp/ressources

lawless: no penalty for killing someone. increased loot/clade xp/ressources

keep zones: controlling guild can deploy partols that attack what is set (like no blues, everyone but allies or whatever). maybe add a standing for the keep guild where you can set if kiling blue is allowed or not (guild standing loss if you break the rules), which leads to guards attacking if low standing. increased loot/clade xp/ressources

would add zones/activities for all playstyle and still encourage to venture into unsafe zones to promote fighting but with an option to play it safer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skabsticles

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Yup, total realism.

let me just finish shooting fireballs from my hands and i will reply to this very intelligent sounding thread…..

Does helps if you read the thread then you might understand with your huge intelligence what your replying to.. Mythical would be casting fireballs........

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
Honestly, I've been living out in the wilderness with Jungle Camp as my base of operations for almost a month now, and doing so has warped my perceptions somewhat.

It's not a huge problem getting killed and losing gear. One successful loot run with a horse and some horse bags will give you enough materials for like 20 suits of armour at least. 5 incisium greatswords (roughly comparable to flakestone) is less than 1000 units of incisium. In JC I get killed like 1 out of 10 times I leave town, and usually it's because I'm not paying enough attention to what is going on around me. This means I'm running a HUGE surplus in materials while running solo. Killing people and getting killed really doesn't matter in Mortal 2 unless you're doing something significant like running a full set of tungsteel or transporting 1000's of gold worth of materials or something like that. It costs like a couple gold and a thousand materials to equip yourself, and if ever you get to the point where you literally have nothing at all, picking flowers on foot is actually quite lucrative. I went from naked and nothing to big dick boy in a lawless town in less than a week. Anyone should be able to do it anywhere. Be nice to the locals, fight hard when you have no other choice and then laugh about it when you respawn. You'll do fine with just those three simple instructions.

Parcel running does not work as a way to inhibit ganking. I've been 3-on-1'd just outside of JC while wearing horned scale armour and carrying a sword made of teeth. You'd think that people would only waste rep on people who are coming back from farming or are wearing something nice like plate scale or something like that. Nope. The general rule for Mortal is: "If they are solo, they'll be chill - if they are in a group of 2 or more, they are probably going to fight you."

Personally, I spent one day running parcels from Bakti to MK and back. I have like 70-something rep now and I can freely grief for a long time before it becomes an issue for me. I could spend a whole month tailing some random fucker and griefing his horse in towns, killing him while he farms and just generally being a bad dude and nothing would be able to stop me. All it took to make that true was a bit of running back and forth while watching Netflix.

There is a big problem in Mortal, and it's the same problem that exists in EvE - groups are overpowered. Fighting outnumbered relies on the principle of the square - it isn't twice as hard to fight 2-1; it's four times harder. 3-1 is nine times harder.

There needs to be a way for solo players or duos or even trios to somehow protect themselves from being forced into a fight against superior numbers. Right now the world is so compact and locations are so small that trying to escape a gank is pretty much impossible - especially when there are no significant speed penalties for swinging a weapon, drawing a bow or wearing extremely heavy armour.

I don't know what you can do to make things better, but they probably should get better or else you'll be left with a game filled with Goons and Guildies and nothing in-between. Maybe that's the vision - but I hope not.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Does helps if you read the thread then you might understand with your huge intelligence what your replying to.. Mythical would be casting fireballs........

its a low fantasy game, if even that. We have minotaurs and giant ants for havens sake.Realism doesn't apply.

and most of what you suggested is already in game. If you kill 10 people and get 10 murder counts, you pretty much become hidden red and cant rez at the blue priest in towns. You have to rez at one of the very few, very remote red priests. Also when in town, other people can attack you and guards wont help you( cause you are hidden red).
So yea killing innocents indiscriminately doea have very annoying consequences, you just cant visually see them because of the hidden red flag.

also regaining rep is currently very tedious and time consuming with parcel.

MO1 had stat loss but its been replaced with rep farming which imo is a much worse punishment as you cant do it in the safety of you house or keep. You have to actually travel around for hours delivering parcels and risking getting jumped.

for a pvp focused game, these are some pretty harsh penalties already.

Reactions: Tzone

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
its a low fantasy game, if even that. We have minotaurs and giant ants for havens sake.Realism doesn't apply.

and most of what you suggested is already in game. If you kill 10 people and get 10 murder counts, you pretty much become hidden red and cant rez at the blue priest in towns. You have to rez at one of the very few, very remote red priests. Also when in town, other people can attack you and guards wont help you( cause you are hidden red).
So yea killing innocents indiscriminately doea have very annoying consequences, you just cant visually see them because of the hidden red flag.

also regaining rep is currently very tedious and time consuming with parcel.

MO1 had stat loss but its been replaced with rep farming which imo is a much worse punishment as you cant do it in the safety of you house or keep. You have to actually travel around for hours delivering parcels and risking getting jumped.

for a pvp focused game, these are some pretty harsh penalties already.

I have to disagree with everything you have said.. Realism does apply Henrik who created the game says so him self all the time in his streams on twitch and with the way actions and fighting is done to realism. You do realise where minitours are rooted right? in myth....
Hidden red is a terrible idea and so is the rep system, it doesn't mean they will be attacked at all which is the point they should be banned from going into main towns and be red.. attacked by guards on sight! What's the point in lawless and player towns etc where they would be welcomed....
Running a few parcel deliveries is a piece of cake and can be done easily a few times before they decide to go ganking you can raise your rep and go blow it on some poor unsuspecting players..
Its not just a pvp focused game unfortunately its an open world sandbox and its whole economy is pve & player driven so without the pve you wouldn't have weapons and armour, and the players wouldn't create it leading to you having to be self sufficient which isnt the point In what you think is a "pvp" driven game.