Murdercount issue

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
To keep it short and simple....

Scenario 1:

John and Bob are friends.
John hits Bob on accident while farming mobs.
45 minutes pass.
Bob dies to mob.
Bob goes back to a town to res.
Bob can give John a murdercount.

Scenario 2:

John hits Bob once.
Bob runs away.
Bob suicides in town.
Bob gives John a murdercount.

There should be a timer or something from when you get hit and when you die that you can give a murdercount to who hit you if its for X amount of damage.

If you hit the SUICIDE button, you shouldn't be able to give a murdercount to anyone.

These are very important things that need to be looked at or else people are going to have a field day abusing it.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Why Bob be trolling his friend John like dis?

I think there may be more to this story, like john maybe stole Bob's girlfriend/last slice of pizza, and has now found the ultimate revenge by giving that rat john these undeserved murder counts. John may never recover from this ultimate betrayal

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
This was a problem in MO1 too that they fixed eventually, guess we regressed. :(

Sadly the game has regressed on several areas.

Good thing there is no statloss implemented yet. I also dont think the red flag is in yet either seeing how you cant even check murdercounts.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Another scenario to consider:

Bob kills John in GK.
John returns to home priest in Meduli.
John gives Bob a murder count and loss of tindremene rep

I think this is something that needs to be looked at as well. People should not be able to report their murder to any priest they want. I think it would be a good idea for the Devs to save a 'death location'. When the player rezzes at a priest they can calculate the distance between death location and the priest. If this distance is too large the player should not be able to report a murder.

This is especially important because you lose rep with the respective faction of the priest. I think its silly to lose reputation with the khurites if you murdered someone in the tindremic, northern, and arguably jungle, regions.

I would personally argue that priests in the northern (GK/CaveCamp) and jungle regions, along with Kranesh priest(s), and any dungeon priests, should have their ability to report murders disabled. I think it is good to have lawless areas of high/risk high reward.

Reactions: MolagAmur