Murder Counts

hadrius

Oct 26, 2021
A lot of community issues right now are concerning the reputation system. One of the things that I think would make sense to change would be to make it to where the murder count system is only available to players who are not in a guild. Isn't the point of the reputation system to prevent people from continuously killing new players not for guilds pvping each other? If you fight another guild with for example a 10 v 10 you could go from being 0 murder count to being shot on sight by guards all because that guild decided to throw murder counts on you for killing their group. Isn't that part of the fun of the game to be able to do group fights like that? Reputation needs to be looked at and guild vs guild conflict whether at war or not really needs to be reviewed. Let the guild internally handle murders be it through threat of war, immediate retribution, etc.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Let the guild internally handle murders be it through threat of war, immediate retribution, etc.
Maybe this is not your idea, but this is how it reads to me:
If you can fight another guild without it being murder,
then
If they (your opponents) don't like it, they can threaten war, or not,
and then
If war results, the resulting war it won't be murder, either.
Unless
you (or they) can & do decline the war,
but!
you'll still be able to kill each other wthout murder counts, without a war, anyway,
because
they're in guilds.

(None of that sounds bad to me. But: )

You've just invented a way for all guilds to be in a 'kind of' war with all other guilds all the time.

Aren't wars by declaration already having a hard time happening?
Very small guilds might go extinct?
Would Star Vult ever go for this end-run around so many murders? (It does look like "Join a guild, get murdered-for-free!")
(What are all the other ramifications?)

Interesting idea.

hadrius

Oct 26, 2021
Didn't necessarily think about the war part of it, but at the same time I do think that guilds should be able to police murders amongst their guild through their own policy. Guilds should be protecting their members not through murder counts but through working through solutions with other guilds. I think that this would increase the political aspect of the game imo as well.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
guilds should be able to police murders amongst their guild through their own policy.
If you mean murder of one guild member by another, they do, regardless, use their own policy.

If you mean murders by members of other guilds, it's just a matter of what each side can get away with.
Guilds should be protecting their members not through murder counts but through working through solutions with other guilds.
"Working through solutions with other guilds" is a very mild way of putting it. Sounds like a metting in an office.
Either one guild puts up with it, or retaliates by successfully demanding gold or resources, or just unleashes hell.
But your idea is a compromise between getting rid of murder counts entirely and keeping them as they are, and I don't think I"ve heard that one before.