Murder Count Timer is too Long

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
you got baited so hard lmao

Idk, the guy was carrying around 10g worth of heads when I killed him, and he didn’t put up much of a fight when I finally gave in and attacked. Is that really worth the trade off of giving a random person a murder count? For all he knew, I was at 1 or 100 - no way for him to know I was sitting on 4.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The biggest griefers are the ones who hide behind crminal systems in games.
Current system just punishes people for defending their grind, them selves, or contesting resources.

On paper people say its your fault for attacking first because they lack in game experince. Sure let some one come and grab that loot bag that you just worked for.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Never said there should be safe zones where you cannot be attacked but there should be consequences for going red and on a rampage and it would not work if everything outside town would be some kind of lawless zone where you can kill anyone without consequences. the magic behind a good sandbox game with pvp is that you have areas where there is rules/consequences for attacking other players (mind you no safe zone in the form of not being able to get attacked at all) and zones that are of higher risk and reward without those consequences (like eve has for example: empire space, low sec space, 0.0 space - this formula basically is what i think a good sandbox game with full loot and pvp should aim for).

if you think that it would work without any rules other than players being the only way to declare an area "safe" it may be your opinion and i have a different one. darkfall still failed mainly exactly to this tho there surely have been other problems as well. having consequences for being a murder/rpk has nothing to do with a themepark. if all you wanna do is kill players without anything else i think some sort of lobby based shooter is what fills that role.
Like i said for me theres no better justice-punishment than the one Is delivered by the players themselves, i don't like restrictive rulesets that i feel cripple a good amount quality interaction, people relaying on die to give murdercount as their punishment sucks, theres no other way to put it.

Now if we talk about a different report system that encourages players to interact in some other way than just being dead and alive people could capitalize more different playstyles.

It does have to do with themeparks the general overview of punishing "criminal" actions with timesink mechanics to respond and follow the mainstream public. If you ask me a Lot of players are used to that generic game dumbed down experience. And i don't like that, MO had and still has potential as a different way to pull things together.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
The biggest griefers are the ones who hide behind crminal systems in games.
Current system just punishes people for defending their grind, them selves, or contesting resources.

On paper people say its your fault for attacking first because they lack in game experince. Sure let some one come and grab that loot bag that you just worked for.

This right here. The most toxic players are the casual pve players, the try to blue block, steal your items,. They talk smack but never come out of town to fight, then call you bad. Usually the worst types of players are the ones that used crim system to their advantage just like you claim.

Whats more annoying than a guy in town bashing you all over and you cant do anything about it? Or when a guy is trying to shoot you like the OP and you eventually just have to waste them. I dont think there should be any criminal system, I think if you go grey in a town area you get attacked by guards.If you attack someone outside of the town area you shouldnt be punished for it because you arent griefing.

If someone who isnta guildie opens a bag that you attacked first, they should be labeled as a criminal, this current system is only used by passive aggressive players who dont actually want to fight. Get rid of the crim system as a whole.

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Of course not, that's sandbox game and not PVE themepark.

Means nothing, just keep ur reputation positive, guards won't atack you, I have MC more then 10, and still can visit Morin Khur, guards don't touch me.
means you gotta do 20-30m naked runs to grab a regear or a horse, thats hardly nothing.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
MC and standing need to tick down over time, including while logged out. They can make it 1 a day for all I care. Thats way too little to just rampage, reds will still be red. My friend is blue so we can still craft in town and he haven't been attacked once while blue by anyone we have previously killed. Its just not worth doing parcel runs to try to get their stuff back. MO1 if you tried and failed you didnt get a MC. MO2 if you attack the guy who has all your stuff, and he makes it to GZ, you lose standing for nothing. Because you apparently are the criminal, trying to kill the criminal. There needs to be more room for not reds to actually punish griefers and criminals who arent red.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Of course not, that's sandbox game and not PVE themepark.

You probably didn't understand me.
I meant that if you did most of the damage to a mob, it's loot bag becomes grey for other people. So when somebody else loots it, you are free to kill that person without getting a murder count.

Reactions: CrgHck

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
You had the option or putting them both in mercy mode and leaving (the ultimate humiliation)

Reactions: Moored

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You probably didn't understand me.
I meant that if you did most of the damage to a mob, it's loot bag becomes grey for other people. So when somebody else loots it, you are free to kill that person without getting a murder count.
Nah, overloading the game with restrictions for conditioning players is bullshit. The problematic is the flagging and punishment system in place, gotta leave space for players to decide what to do instead of forcing them.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Nah, overloading the game with restrictions for conditioning players is bullshit. The problematic is the flagging and punishment system in place, gotta leave space for players to decide what to do instead of forcing them.

How is that conditioning players?
It is just giving you the chance to not receive a murder count for killing somebody that stole your loot.

It's actually the opposite.

The fact, that you can't kill the player that stole your loot is restricting.

So actually it gives players more possibilities and not less

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
How is that conditioning players?
It is just giving you the chance to not receive a murder count for killing somebody that stole your loot.

It's actually the opposite.

The fact, that you can't kill the player that stole your loot is restricting.

So actually it gives players more possibilities and not less
More possibilities are less restrictions overall, You trying to tell me it's the opposite?

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
More possibilities are less restrictions overall, You trying to tell me it's the opposite?

No, I am saying the same thing. Being able to kill someone is a possibility more compared to not being able to kill someone. I get the feeling you don't get what I am saying.

The system right now is obviously more restricting.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No, I am saying the same thing. Being able to kill someone is a possibility more compared to not being able to kill someone. I get the feeling you don't get what I am saying.

The system right now is obviously more restricting.
I mean, being able to cheese a lootbag from someone's else kill is a great excuse to sort it out, with words, with an agreement or with blood. Looting someone's kill becomming grey is conditioning the situation by a game mechanic to go into one specific direction. Theres more conditioning on forcing someone to go grey than not doing it.

Thats just the failure of the flagging and standing/mc system. What i do mean when theres less restrictions/conditioning there are more possibilities and players should decide what to do in whatever situation instead of being forced by mechanics.
The criminality concept should be mostly defined by players and not restrictive mechanics and thats where the dichotomy happens, with a game design that encourages player interaction but at the same time restricts it.

And you end up having to choose one, the organic player organization and the ability to make choices or more mechanics that condition/restrict and force situations.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
I mean, being able to cheese a lootbag from someone's else kill is a great excuse to sort it out, with words, with an agreement or with blood. Looting someone's kill becomming grey is conditioning the situation by a game mechanic to go into one specific direction. Theres more conditioning on forcing someone to go grey than not doing it.

Thats just the failure of the flagging and standing/mc system. What i do mean when theres less restrictions/conditioning there are more possibilities and players should decide what to do in whatever situation instead of being forced by mechanics.
The criminality concept should be mostly defined by players and not restrictive mechanics and thats where the dichotomy happens, with a game design that encourages player interaction but at the same time restricts it.

And you end up having to choose one, the organic player organization and the ability to make choices or more mechanics that condition/restrict and force situations.

Sure, having no flagging would increase freedom (at the costs of other things).

But you are comparing my solution to a hypothetical state of the game, that doesn't exist and doesn't seem to be planned.

So in the current frame of how flagging gets handled, it would be an improvement and prevent situations like the one OP stated

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sure, having no flagging would increase freedom (at the costs of other things).

But you are comparing my solution to a hypothetical state of the game, that doesn't exist and doesn't seem to be planned.

So in the current frame of how flagging gets handled, it would be an improvement and prevent situations like the one OP stated
The current situation where players can decide if attack or not someone for stealing their mob loot is not hypothetical, i don't know what do you mean about this.

Your hypothetical" solution, its not a solution but another attempt to restrict behavior and it sucks balls.