Multiple Spawn Points/Warp Gates/Something

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If you're gonna give us moving CASTING, cuz you know that's what we've been asking for, why don't we give up on another thing we thought meant something: ghost travel! Let us make it so that you can port to priests. What galaxy do you have to physically have to travel to a priest... unless you are not near one, then you can magically port to a close one OR one of your choosing. Nah, give us more! WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RUN AROUND THE ETHERWORLD FOR EVEN 10% OF OUR GAMING TIME.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
agree 100x100, when u are alive game must be slow, takes time and effort doing things, and very risky. but as a ghost they should give us more options to move faster considering we have just 1 character.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We need to be able to bind at least 2 priests as homeprists, but only as a quick solution
and when it comes to fast travel, there are always a few things to consider

Every guild owning a keep need to be able to hold certain Points that the attackers have to cross, when there is a siege. Therefore it should not be possible to store the stones for the catapults in houses.

A sophisticated moongate system would be even better and could theoretically be designed in such a way that attackers would not gain an advantage in siege battles. That they still have to cross various points on the map and no armies can be moved through the gates. There would have to be a particularly large number of points of interest in the areas that could be bypassed by a moongate system, so that no part of the world feels short on players, because there is so much to discover in these regions that could be bypassed. The transport of materials could also be prevented by restrictions. I mentioned all required restrictions in this thread, where SV could tactically place the Moongates and how SV could prevent these points from being camped. When SV inserts fast travel, which is absolutely necessary since the game doesn't respect player time, there are a few things to think about in order to design this system so that it can't be exploited in a way that destroys the core game mechanics.
There should also be restrictions on players with too many murder counts to allow some players to better bypass PVP if they want their privacy. If a killer uses a moongate, 10x more bounty contracts could be issued and those players prioritized in awarding contracts. It would be important that these players would have to spend significantly more time farming specific materials in order to bribe the guards at a Moongate, so that the bounty hunting system is not exploited, since the cost of a murder to use a moongate is higher than the reward of the bounty hunters and we need some kind of reward for hunting down murderers.
Even if it's just cosmetic items, decorative items and titles, until SV is sure that the bounty mechanic cannot be exploited.

I think that's why we're waiting so long for it. That should be high on the priority list with more dungeons and the world events.

Last edited:
Reactions: MolagAmur

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Sorry to say this dudes, but they don't give a damn about our time to even make the game work on weekends and you think they'd be capable of actually implementing this.
Good ideas that SV doesn't give a fuck about.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Sorry to say this dudes, but they don't give a damn about our time to even make the game work on weekends and you think they'd be capable of actually implementing this.
Many of my suggestions and those of other players have already been implemented. That usually takes half a year.

Sv is a small team. I also like the fact that Henrick always streams and he usually answers my questions too.
The problems with the server did not exist before the patch. The fact that the game is taken offline for 2 days is also an exceptional situation.

Sv got Ddos attacked.
During the heaviest lags of the night, not too many players were online.
Before that, there were significantly more players online and got no lags before the update.

I've been following Jonah's Steam. Every game he plays is attacked by a bot network and Henrick has confirmed that MO2 was also attacked.

Jonah must have really upset a player with a bot network. I have never experienced that with any other streamer.

That probably wasn't the only problem. Something went wrong with this patch.

We've already had several huge stress test events where half the server took part to stress a single node to the maximum and no node was crashed.
In the last few months, a lot of improvements have been made to the netcode, which has improved battles with hundreds of players by a lot !

I think SV will deploy some DDos protection to prevent such attacks in the future. Maybe from Cloudfire or something and hotfix the stuff that have gone wrong with that update.

I've visited many of the hotspots where the Elementalism Drops can spawn. In none of these regions were there so many players that it would have crashed the nodes.
The patch caused some problems and the ddos attacks made those problems worse. At least that's my assumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callenmore

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I am the resident arrogant prick to a lot of people, haha. I mean, I fail, I get fucked, I laugh at it... it's whatever. It's hard to have a true 'ego' when you are me because like I said, ups n downs. STILL, I'm not bullshitting when I talk about suggesting in other games. Unless I somehow am mis-remembering things or have gone all-out delusional, I look back at the games I've put most time and feedback into, and I should legit be an employee haha. It's kinda sad that they just take your feedback then add it, and you get nothing... but it's nice to have it in the game. It does take years, tho.

And we all have bad ideas or over-complicate things, but if you keep touching on the same issue, the solution will manifest.

Def think they could implement this because you can spawn in many places. You can def statue to cities. Doesn't mean it wouldn't crash the server haha. But yeah, I don't buy into the whole "it's a sandbox u meant to stay in the same spot." Nah. I wanna move everywhere. I would be working in more towns if I didn't have to ghost over as much.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I am the resident arrogant prick to a lot of people, haha. I mean, I fail, I get fucked, I laugh at it... it's whatever. It's hard to have a true 'ego' when you are me because like I said, ups n downs. STILL, I'm not bullshitting when I talk about suggesting in other games. Unless I somehow am mis-remembering things or have gone all-out delusional, I look back at the games I've put most time and feedback into, and I should legit be an employee haha. It's kinda sad that they just take your feedback then add it, and you get nothing... but it's nice to have it in the game. It does take years, tho.

And we all have bad ideas or over-complicate things, but if you keep touching on the same issue, the solution will manifest.

Def think they could implement this because you can spawn in many places. You can def statue to cities. Doesn't mean it wouldn't crash the server haha. But yeah, I don't buy into the whole "it's a sandbox u meant to stay in the same spot." Nah. I wanna move everywhere. I would be working in more towns if I didn't have to ghost over as much.
I agree. Especially as a PVE Player. For staying in 1 region the game not have enough dungeons atm. Al least not in the Meduli Tindrem Area.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I agree. Especially as a PVE Player. For staying in 1 region the game not have enough dungeons atm. Al least not in the Meduli Tindrem Area.

I'm cool w/ making/harvesting mats and moving them around. I still gotta move them thru the map ALIVE, so what's the problem w/ porting in. It would change the game and it would have some downsides (having a bunch of dudes spawn in to zerg you,) but otoh, it might be kinda exciting. That + refresh timer so you can only do it like once every few hours or so.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I'm cool w/ making/harvesting mats and moving them around. I still gotta move them thru the map ALIVE, so what's the problem w/ porting in. It would change the game and it would have some downsides (having a bunch of dudes spawn in to zerg you,) but otoh, it might be kinda exciting. That + refresh timer so you can only do it like once every few hours or so.

I mentioned the problems. Players can port themselves into their stronghold, or to the nearest Prist when there is a siege and not only those which have made the Prist their home, in which they maybe stored many boulders and this ruin the mechanic to hold a specific spot on the map, that they would normally have to cross (like the cursed pass in the jungle) This is why bolders should not be able to placed in houses.
You have to be able to prevent entire armies from being moved easily through the world and therefore a moongate system would be much better as it makes restrictions easier.

Here is an example from MO1 on how important such choke points can be. During the Koto siege, we placed 5 earthquake mages under the Kranesh bridge, knowing that the guild AQ from the north would have to cross this bridge. They didn't expect that and half the group exploded before we killed the rest of their players on the bridge, even though our group guarding the bridge was smaller. We outplayed them with a
tactical maneuver, even if their palyers was more experianced in combat.

I am an absolute supporter of fast traveling, but there are a few things to consider to not ruin the core mechanics of the game.

Fast traveling makes it more easy for experianced players and griefers to follow players who want to find their peace in remote places. The players from the north could ambush the new players in the south more often. Therefore, a moongate system with restrictions is the better option.

These players already do this a lot, but one day there will be subscriptions, which should reduce this problem, unless the killers can port themselves everywhere without consequences for doing that. Hence the idea that Playerkillers wanting to use a moongate would have to bribe the guards at the moongate first, and that Murders using a moongate to hunt down Tamers in the Jungle would be prioritized in bounty contracts. So the PVP Players from the North chasing the less experianced players in the South make themselves the hunted by using a fast travel and get a debuff for some time. So that the bounty mechanic cannot be exploited, the bribery of the guards would have be higher than the reward for the bounty hunters.
Otherwise, a killer's friend might agree with him using a moongate as this will prioritize his bounty in order to get more bounty hunter coins. Of course, that wouldn't make sense if using such a moongate for a Murder would entail more expense than the bounty hunter's reward.

As a quick fix I would like if players could bind 2 Homeprists and choose between Nearest Prist, Homeprist 1 or Homeprist 2,
as not respecting game time is an even bigger problem. Eventually this mechanic could then be replaced by a more sophisticated system like my recommendation of a moon gate system with restrictions.

In Conan Exiles, using a moongate caused a debuff. The hitpoints and stamina bar have been reduced for a specific time.

Players who just want to quickly browse the marketplace in another city, would for excample not care at all, if their HP and Stam bar would be reduced for 15 min.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The game already has the ability to spawn wherever you want. Its called portal knowledge. A spiritist can open a portal that anyone can use, pretty much anywhere on the map.
Just have to sacrifice skill points for that convenience.

What you guys are asking for is fast travel. Back and forth accross the map instantly. We already have a home priest that allows one quick way across the map. There is no need for more fast travel. People need to move around the world, especially when tc comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callenmore

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The game already has the ability to spawn wherever you want. Its called portal knowledge. A spiritist can open a portal that anyone can use, pretty much anywhere on the map.

What you guys are asking for is fast travel. Back and forth accross the map instantly. We already have a home priest that allows one quick way across the map. There is no need for more fast travel. People need to move around the world, especially when tc comes out.
i think you need portal knowledge to 60 now, if i am not wrong. I heared SV changed that, so you can´t use the portal. Before that change you just lost farmed spirits.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Nah, wait a sec... I'm talking about ghost travel. "Instantly" is a trick word in this case. I would prefer EFFORTLESSLY. TIME can be factored out. "You will Arrive in Meduli in 1 hr... make a sandwich." If I wanna log in 3 times a day, say morning, mid evening and before sleep and log in in 3 different towns, I don't understand why that's imbalanced. Easy to have a cool down on use as well as a travel timer. Something to just reduce the BRUTE FORCE of ghosting. I DO A LOT OF GHOSTING MY DUDE. Been that way since MO1. It's always been the preferred way to travel cuz you could move faster than a horse before, still can kinda if you count stam, can jump off cliffs, hop priests, etc. If they could take point A and B and run a few clocks of people ghosting then apply that number and make it so that you are limited in re-using it by a cool down, as well as time taken to 'port...' but not on the game, like statues in Haven, you log out, and log back in "You character is still traveling... try again in... 10 minutes."

0 chance that is imbalanced, unless we are talking about the brute force of mass people ghosting throughout wars and the most vigilant ghosts will win. The people who can keep GHOSTING AND GHOSTING. Is that what we want, tho?

Def doesn't have to be a portal/priest, can be just exactly where the haven statue drops you off.

And what about the other thing... "Ah, people attacking our keep!" "Shit, I just sent my char to travel to Toxai." haha.

Not seeing the imbalance, tbh. Ghost world has been killing me since MO1, and that was when you could practically fly w/ high psyche + way smaller world.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Nah, wait a sec... I'm talking about ghost travel. "Instantly" is a trick word in this case. I would prefer EFFORTLESSLY. TIME can be factored out. "You will Arrive in Meduli in 1 hr... make a sandwich." If I wanna log in 3 times a day, say morning, mid evening and before sleep and log in in 3 different towns, I don't understand why that's imbalanced. Easy to have a cool down on use as well as a travel timer. Something to just reduce the BRUTE FORCE of ghosting. I DO A LOT OF GHOSTING MY DUDE. Been that way since MO1. It's always been the preferred way to travel cuz you could move faster than a horse before, still can kinda if you count stam, can jump off cliffs, hop priests, etc. If they could take point A and B and run a few clocks of people ghosting then apply that number and make it so that you are limited in re-using it by a cool down, as well as time taken to 'port...' but not on the game, like statues in Haven, you log out, and log back in "You character is still traveling... try again in... 10 minutes."

0 chance that is imbalanced, unless we are talking about the brute force of mass people ghosting throughout wars and the most vigilant ghosts will win. The people who can keep GHOSTING AND GHOSTING. Is that what we want, tho?

Def doesn't have to be a portal/priest, can be just exactly where the haven statue drops you off.

And what about the other thing... "Ah, people attacking our keep!" "Shit, I just sent my char to travel to Toxai." haha.

Not seeing the imbalance, tbh. Ghost world has been killing me since MO1, and that was when you could practically fly w/ high psyche + way smaller world.

There have to be several changes, so that the game respect your playtime more. The first really good change was the reduction of the extraction timer but more stuff need follow !

20220917215640_1.jpg

Many new players find it extremely annoying when they lose their horse in the wilderness. They don't know all the horse spots and waste many hours to find a new horse or get one !

12. A via bird contactable "stable boy" would improve the gameplay experience 1000x so that players don't feel wasting their time losing their mount in abandoned places.This could save so much travel time and many players cannot play for hours every day. SV should read the reviews ! New players not know every Horse spawn !

Last edited:

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I agree. The only times ive ever rage quit this game was when I lost my horse far away from a horse spawn (especially to something dumb like a pebble on the floor).

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
they should add doneky spawn everywhere ahah, slow mounts ready to tame around the world

no. Why? We need to move from spot to spot to gear or play in different towns. The pop isn't that great. Hey, bud, I'm ready to help move mats in as many cities as I can, but I already gotta lose trinket charges to suicide, and now I gotta spend who knows how much time ghosting. The world is really big, and even in an instance like LEAVING Hyl, you can jump off the side, but you gotta walk ALL the way back up. That's why Hyl is the best home priest tbh haha.

I mean, in Mortal it SEEMS like your essence is something different. There are human spiritists in the world, you don't think there are some hardcore NPCs? A few Lictors could probably clear any dungeon in the game lol, the NPCs are no joke in this game. What is stopping them from transporting you to another priest. If there were a couple more points, it would be better, but every fcking priest should have a number, and you should be able to just enter the number IMO. 0 mechanical reason why the game isn't like that. If you want to add in time, do it, just like there should be a timer to home priest as well. If balance is that important.

All this does is encourage people to stay in the same spot. We got people who farm dungeons, we got people who spend time in the etherworld farming spirits or whatever, what I do is zoom around in the ghost world and set up shop in a new town.

I'd like to believe you can spawn at any priest, at least if you gotta wait to meet your friends, you can queue up a transport. The only thing being transported is your ghost, your person.

This would almost be moot if ghost traveling wasn't the fastest way, but it is. When desert horses were running at 1100 was about the only time it might have been better to stay in game. And TBH THAT WAS PRETTY COOL TOO. But I think that affects balance more than ghost changes.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
im ok with no fast traveling, and ok to ghosting town to town.. we just need an UI window when ghost traveling showing us wich one is the nearest priest , how many times i try to ghost from bakti to fab lets say,,try to nearestpriest and spawns me to vadda. let us check the nearest priest before actually teleporting me

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
im ok with no fast traveling, and ok to ghosting town to town.. we just need an UI window when ghost traveling showing us wich one is the nearest priest , how many times i try to ghost from bakti to fab lets say,,try to nearestpriest and spawns me to vadda. let us check the nearest priest before actually teleporting me
That would eb a ncie addon aswell.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
This chages will be implemented once cash shop is in the game.

Last edited: