Mouse wheel and safer cities

Awamory

Mar 7, 2021
Hi everybody.

Is it possible to add something like

1. Mouse wheel forward and press left mouse button - piercing strike
2. Mouse wheel backward and press left mouse button - overhead strike?

I think it is more convenient then use ALT etc.

And the second suggestion. I have seen a lot of opinions that players don't want to play MO2 because they don't have really safe places for characters and pets. Maybe it is possible to do blue cities are more safer?

For example:

1. Reduce damage from players in blue cities X2 - melee and mages, bow

2. To create guards - healers, who will heal players and their pets inside cities immediately after any damage?

If griefers would like to grief, they can do that in wild or in red cities...

Any opinions about it?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Hi everybody.

And the second suggestion. I have seen a lot of opinions that players don't want to play MO2 because they don't have really safe places for characters and pets. Maybe it is possible to do blue cities are more safer?

For example:

2. To create guards - healers, who will heal players and their pets inside cities immediately after any damage?

Any opinions about it?

Henrik told that we will be able to bind all blocking directions and attack directions on seperate Buttoms.

I can recommend you to bind Overheadstrike on Thump Mouse 1 and Thrust Attack on Thump Mouse 2.

This way you can hold down Thump Mouse Buttom 1 + left Mouse to make an Overhead
or you can hold down Thump Mouse Buttom 2 + left Mouse to make a Thrust Attack.

Same counts for blocking

Hold down Thump Mouse Buttom 1 + right Mouse to make an upper block
Hold down Thump Mouse Buttom 2 + right Mouse to make a mid block.

Walk/Feint i would bind on Q or E, to be able ti cancel attacks.

But this is advanced Stuff

With this settings you should not get imput errors anymore and should be able to block very fast, as the guy in the Video. He used the same Settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentPony

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its pretty much confirmed that guards will be getting healers eventually. I dont see how it will be used to stop being bursted down my mages. Its only a feel good mechanic. Also usually no greifing in lawless town.

Awamory

Mar 7, 2021
Hi, I'd like to ask again about...

with

3. click and drag mouse right / left for right / left hit or block / parry
4. Mouse wheel forward and press right mouse button - down parry
5. Mouse wheel backward and press right mouse button - overhead parry

I think it would be more convenient .

And another question. I put my mouse not under 90 degree to my body, it has a slight diagonal position, it is more ergonomic for my wrist, but it seems game doesn't see correct directions because of it. If I move mouse up, it could be side direction in the game, if I move my mouse left - it could be up direction in the game etc. It seems it is not just my issue. What can we do with it?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Hi everybody.

For example:

Any opinions about it?
The only greifing in cities right now is newbs opening bags and losing rep to guard aggro. How are cities not safe enough already for you? Game is very carebear.

I just think that nothing is going to be enough, for people like you. You could have troggle PvP and still complain about PvP.

Awamory

Mar 7, 2021
My question was about technical issues - how to use mouse better for character's actions.

About safe cities - it was an old post from Oct 5, 2021 And yes, I don't think blue cities are quite safe, but it is ok personally for me. I can even live in red cities if I want it:) But I still have a lot of complaints from MO2 new players about unsafe cities, even now.