Mounts should be reworked

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
Something similar to Albion would make this game way better. Have the horse be knocked down and put it on a time where the horse owner has X amount of time and has to be within a certain range or the horse dies as is and whatever it has on it is loot-able.

Horse management simulator isn't fun in the open world when xXslayer69Xx kills your horse and runs away leaving you to deal with walking to another mount and taming it and just being a waste of time. Make the ability to heal the horse be like a 30 second cast time or something so it's not viable at all to use in combat.

I mean does anyone enjoy having to micro /watch there horse 24/7 it's not fun, it's not interesting, and there really is no skill or anything behind it. Pretty much everyone has 30 taming to tame a horse because the world is so huge that if you don't you're potentially looking at like a 30 minute run.

Something like this makes it so horses and stuff left outside a dungeon are still fair game, you can still knock people from the mounts and have them be not viable for use until well after combat. I mean does anyone actually enjoy open world horse management simulator?

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
Would also be nice if they had a use other than every one just wanting Desert Horses.

Desert horses are the fastest, but they can only be top speed in Leather. When they wear Med or Heavy they get slowed down big time.

Jotun Horses are the heavy war horses. They can wear heavy armor without any penality but they are slower than other horses.

Stepper is the all around horse.

Maybe have Mongrel and Jungle between the other two so they all have a better purpose and use.

The main thing that brings this in mind for me is just about every time I had a MA guy kill my horse and run off is cause they where in heavy armor and so was there horse so my arrows did little to them before they where gone while I'm still in starter leather. Getting out run by a full plate armor hourse and rider while your in leathers is just silly.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk how they could really balance horses. If they make them weaker it would be too easy to kill them. If they make them stronger they would be too hard to kill. Really a no win situation

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The current system is the best and funnest horse system i have ever found in any game. Cant stand despawnable mounts. Taming and mount system does not need changing.

Reactions: Rynnik

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Would also be nice if they had a use other than every one just wanting Desert Horses.

Desert horses are the fastest, but they can only be top speed in Leather. When they wear Med or Heavy they get slowed down big time.

Jotun Horses are the heavy war horses. They can wear heavy armor without any penality but they are slower than other horses.

Stepper is the all around horse.

Maybe have Mongrel and Jungle between the other two so they all have a better purpose and use.

The main thing that brings this in mind for me is just about every time I had a MA guy kill my horse and run off is cause they where in heavy armor and so was there horse so my arrows did little to them before they where gone while I'm still in starter leather. Getting out run by a full plate armor hourse and rider while your in leathers is just silly.

Eventually mounts will have attributes. Every "clade" of horse will have different attributes. Some horses will be stronger and slower, others will be weaker but faster. Some will have stamina for days others will have next to none. If they follow the Mortal Online 1 path, the horses could be so weak they can only carry 2-3 stacks of stuff, while others would be able to haul around 6 stacks. The plan is there will be more mounts added.. Lykiators, Molvas, and eventually bears, and Gamels.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Something similar to Albion would make this game way better. Have the horse be knocked down and put it on a time where the horse owner has X amount of time and has to be within a certain range or the horse dies as is and whatever it has on it is loot-able.

Horse management simulator isn't fun in the open world when xXslayer69Xx kills your horse and runs away leaving you to deal with walking to another mount and taming it and just being a waste of time. Make the ability to heal the horse be like a 30 second cast time or something so it's not viable at all to use in combat.

I mean does anyone enjoy having to micro /watch there horse 24/7 it's not fun, it's not interesting, and there really is no skill or anything behind it. Pretty much everyone has 30 taming to tame a horse because the world is so huge that if you don't you're potentially looking at like a 30 minute run.

Something like this makes it so horses and stuff left outside a dungeon are still fair game, you can still knock people from the mounts and have them be not viable for use until well after combat. I mean does anyone actually enjoy open world horse management simulator?

huh, combat and use of horses is fairly balanced what people does need are more dismount mechanics but considering horses are kinda squishy except the ones people invest good armors and lvl into them.

The only thing i'd like to see introduced are more scattered horse spawns for reducing the overall running distances, and yes it forces most people to have a little taming just to travel, its way more convenient than just walking.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It does need to be reworked later on down the line.

Right now its kinda balanced but extremely annoying for both sides of the fight. FF is greatly troubled and annoyed by fighting mounted and mounted is greatly annoyed fighting footfighters.

Horses are just disposable opjects now due to them for sure dying in everyfight but its overall ok in the mean time.

I do want to see more reason to use jotuns like making them do better then deserts when heavy heavy armor like steel and tung is introduced. Something to do with deserts still being faster but better stam managment on jotuns with less speed penalties.

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
Got one of them Junt horses today and man that thing sucks. While it has big stam pull it burns through it extremally fast and is very slow.

• Sad
Reactions: CrgHck

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
What you see in the game right now about horses is temporary. Horses will have stats and we will have breeding like we had on MO1 and than everything will change about this topic, don't worry.
Not saying that MO1 breeding and horse stats were perfectly balanced but, yeah, it will get better "soon"

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What you see in the game right now about horses is temporary. Horses will have stats and we will have breeding like we had on MO1 and than everything will change about this topic, don't worry.
Not saying that MO1 breeding and horse stats were perfectly balanced but, yeah, it will get better "soon"

Which means everyone will be back on Bullhorse-Desert Horse hybrids again.

Reactions: Najwalaylah