Mounted Magery and Heals

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to see my options for builds before I start this games (to avoid reroll).

I see Lesser Healing, heal for about 25HP (prepatch).
With the new mounted magery skills how much would a Lesser Heal for with 0 skills in mounted magery?

Also what skills do you need to get Lesser Healing to hit 25HP/heal?

I'm planning on MA or MC, but might try to squeeze in 50INT and some magic for healing purpose only.

EDIT: how trash will my mana recovery be in Steel Armor AND the Human Clade Cleric (mana regen less impacted by armor weight)

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
any armor higher than 10 and you dont have any mana regen at all. Even with cleric.

all cleric does is no mana regen penalty until 6 armor weight, everyone else starts seeing penalty at the same 2 armor weight. The cut off seems to be the same however.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You can always take off your armour while riding to regain your mana regen, but obviously then you better not get hit.

if youre just going to use spells to heal your horse, then youll have a 3 or 4 heals before going out of mana. Then you have to remove your armour, or wait.

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
thanks for the replies. do you guys know whether how much reduce heals you get when you cast mounted WITHOUT mounted magery?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
thanks for the replies. do you guys know whether how much reduce heals you get when you cast mounted WITHOUT mounted magery?
Mostly linear scaling like Mounted combat and mounted archery. 50 skill is about 50% effective.

If you only want to cast heals to heal your own mount etc and not use it a lot. you'll probably be fine with 60+ attribute bonus.

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
Mostly linear scaling like Mounted combat and mounted archery. 50 skill is about 50% effective.

If you only want to cast heals to heal your own mount etc and not use it a lot. you'll probably be fine with 60+ attribute bonus.
thanks for the Info, I might scrap the whole idea, and just rely on bandages (and maybe some vertinary).
How many skill points would I actually need to use to get a decent lesser heal, the char would have 70 mana and 50INT.
but how much Vitalism, Mental Training would I need in addition to 60 mounted magery to heal adequately? (Minimum heal amount vs maximum?)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
For Lesser heal:
Mental offense as high as possible, which requires mental training to be the same level as that.

Vitalism at literally any level that gives you comfortable mana regen. It scales linearly and has decimals so you can regen 1.1 mana very 5 etc. So any level works even in the singular levels to some extent. With heavy armor you cant utilize it while wearing the armor, so its just for when the armor is off or partly off. You might be better off dismounting and resting to get your mana back.

Ecumenical needs to be 20? 25? to cast lesser heal effectively.

Most importantly is mental focus, reducing mana cost of spells by up to 50% This is a secondary under mental training. So 100 Mental training with 100 mental offense will net you a 100 mental focus included. You'll probably be fine with around 40-60 vitalism and making use of resting more. Since you already have to spend time stripping to get your regen anyway.

You'd be using a good 300-350 points for the magic skills.

Veterinary is a very small points cost for being able to give extra healing to your pet. Combine it with lesser heals and feeding the horse sea dew or other healing foods and you have good healing for your horse.

CHUBBS90

Jun 11, 2020
Hmm, so:
100 Mental Training - Free(secondary) 100 Mental Training, Free(secondary) 100 Mental Focus
100 Mental Offsense
25 Ecumenical
0 + Bonus Vitalism (just rest - taking off my armor is just as vulnerable)
60-100 Mounted Magery (probably 100 if I'm going to this extent for heals).

325AP for dope heals does sound very tempting.

Thanks again for all your help, I feel more positive about this community (googling/searching the forums, often just brought up 5 pages of complaining/flaming with no explanation of how it works)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Pretty much. If you're a alvarin you get a big chunk of vitalism from clade. And human gets basically the entire ecumenical you need for free from clade, too.

So that's something to consider.