mounted combat requirements

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
yello people. as a guy who don't have played MO2 yet, but has spent hundreds of hours in mo1, i would love to get enlighted by some of you on MC. In mo there was a time where mauls where able to drain almost all your stamina with one swing but you were also able to instakill 1 enemy with one blow. then things got fixed and everyone started to use double axes and sledgehammers. You couldn't oneshot anymore (no complains.. it was more balanced in this way). what's the str. requirements for MC weapons and what people uses nowadays? Does MC still a viable playstyle?

MaybeAddicted

Feb 1, 2022
thursar and oghmir can wear the weapons with cheaper materials, because of 121 str. all other races need more expensive hilts with lesser str req for example

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Every race can play MC. Lances have very high strength requirements BUT couching them (Holding down a thrust attack and running into your target) works off different rules and you can actually use weapons for it that you don't have the strength to wield. I think it's around 20 strength over your actual strength that the stam drain gets so bad it becomes impractical to couch a weapon.

Your requirements are Riding(Sec) > Controlled Riding(Pri) > Swift Riding(Sec) + Mounted Combat(Pri) > Mounted Charge (Sec) + Lances OR Spears(Pri)

Balance(Pri) may become more important in the future. For now, dismounts are exceedingly rare if you don't charge people who are using axes and hammers so not a big deal.

I personally also recommend either mounted magery or mounted archery. Mounted combat is GREAT for taking down horses if people let you get in to take those hits but if they start kiting, it's over. If infantry with bows or magic put their backs to a cliff, it's over. Mounted archery / mounted magery give you options that make it MUCH harder to take you out of a fight. It is entirely possible to build MA+MC that is also a competent footfighter or MM+MC that is also a competent foot hybrid.

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
yello people. as a guy who don't have played MO2 yet, but has spent hundreds of hours in mo1, i would love to get enlighted by some of you on MC. In mo there was a time where mauls where able to drain almost all your stamina with one swing but you were also able to instakill 1 enemy with one blow. then things got fixed and everyone started to use double axes and sledgehammers. You couldn't oneshot anymore (no complains.. it was more balanced in this way). what's the str. requirements for MC weapons and what people uses nowadays? Does MC still a viable playstyle?
It’s not viable to be honest they nerfs Munted melee combat into the ground. Lances also were heavily nerfs to not be worth it. maybe whne breeding comes out and horses are wet piles of shit that can be killed so easy even in full steel armor. It’s just to easy to disable a horse right now. Even MA’s are just ok. Once their mount is dead its game over vs any foot fighter.