Mount Stam Changes:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It could be under feedback... but I'd just generally like to discuss it.

So, I FINALLY PLAYED MO post patch. I def see the stam difference. It's not enough. What did they like increase it 150% or something? It was sooo bad before. I'd like to see it tick closer to 1% per second or 2 seconds (in 2nd.) How would this imbalance the game?

At least put it closer to what you lose in 3rd.

It's something, and yea it DOES help travel time, but, again, I'm not seeing the downside of making it even more. Don't mess w/ the other regens, only focus on the 2nd regen.

Reactions: Ichorous

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
How i feel, stam regen on mount is lowest then before.
I just hope they (SV) dont listen all foot fighters and dnt want to make foot-world. Cuz right now mount PvP is shit.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
How i feel, stam regen on mount is lowest then before.
I just hope they (SV) dont listen all foot fighters and dnt want to make foot-world. Cuz right now mount PvP is shit.

Depends on what you are riding, maybe? I've ridden Steppes and I know it's better, and they have a huge stam pool. It's just not really 'right' yet.

450 is a legit run speed (lean veela) 600~ is like 2nd with armor on, and 800+ is 3rd or 4th. Think about trying to run down a horse in 2nd. Think about trying to run down a horse in 3rd with your horse in 2nd. Those are the speed differences. THUS, it's hard to understand why 2nd is such a slow tick.

But I think mounts in general need a lot of work ( just as in mounts traveling speeds, to start.)

Re: pvp, I don't mind the mount pvp part. I do pretty well at that 1v1, but to be fair MOST of the people who are good aren't gonna be alone. Trying to remember the last time I got dunked 1 on 1 on a mount. I guess at that node line, but I WAS NOT OF SOUND MIND. RHYME.

But def traveling still isn't right.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Depends on what you are riding, maybe? I've ridden Steppes and I know it's better, and they have a huge stam pool. It's just not really 'right' yet.

450 is a legit run speed (lean veela) 600~ is like 2nd with armor on, and 800+ is 3rd or 4th. Think about trying to run down a horse in 2nd. Think about trying to run down a horse in 3rd with your horse in 2nd. Those are the speed differences. THUS, it's hard to understand why 2nd is such a slow tick.

But I think mounts in general need a lot of work ( just as in mounts traveling speeds, to start.)

Re: pvp, I don't mind the mount pvp part. I do pretty well at that 1v1, but to be fair MOST of the people who are good aren't gonna be alone. Trying to remember the last time I got dunked 1 on 1 on a mount. I guess at that node line, but I WAS NOT OF SOUND MIND. RHYME.

But def traveling still isn't right.

As for the travel part. I took an armored steppe horse from Meduli to the Necro Dungeon last night in 45min. This was riding at speed 3 most of the way, then dismounting and sprinting on foot in combat mode till I was out of stam then getting back on the horse and riding speed 3. It was a definite improvement.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As for the travel part. I took an armored steppe horse from Meduli to the Necro Dungeon last night in 45min. This was riding at speed 3 most of the way, then dismounting and sprinting on foot in combat mode till I was out of stam then getting back on the horse and riding speed 3. It was a definite improvement.

yea but that as well as stopping to stam are like life hacks that should not be necessary in MO imo.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
excited to try! :D I had a dream my horse was stamming up faster last night. Sometimes I legit forget I am a seer.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Meduli to Necro in 45 min is too short. Mounts dont need to be sped up with the current map size. Ppl with full swift riding etc etc are going to be warping around. It was fine the way it was.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Meduli to Necro in 45 min is too short. Mounts dont need to be sped up with the current map size. Ppl with full swift riding etc etc are going to be warping around. It was fine the way it was.

It's not faster. It's stam afaik.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

The map is 20km x 20km.

A horse goes 32-48km/h so we will say 40km/h. So it should take 30min to get from tip to tip in a straight line.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If you think getting anywhere in a reasonable amount of time is bad, just ride the wrong way. The rest of us shouldn't have to waste our time travelling because some people want to do nothing when they play.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
I dont think you want to play an MMO but rather an horse simulator

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
Distance is important for the economy though. If it is too fast to travel to every market and all the resources end up priced the same everywhere on the map it is poor design.

Local items should end up costing less in local markets and more in further markets. If the travel time keeps this from happening it is too fast.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Distance is important for the economy though. If it is too fast to travel to every market and all the resources end up priced the same everywhere on the map it is poor design.

Local items should end up costing less in local markets and more in further markets. If the travel time keeps this from happening it is too fast.
Mate..what economy? Economy is busted forever with the amount of bugs and exploits there was/is.

Reactions: Bicorps and Gnidex

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
Mate..what economy? Economy is busted forever with the amount of bugs and exploits there was/is.
Well if it is busted ‘forever’ then the game is over.

I still have hope.

EVE online succeeded because the in game economy drove content. DF UW failed because it failed to do the same.

Trinkets are a good example of a recent gold sink added to the game. SV will hopefully eventually get it right.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022

I still have hope.

EVE online succeeded because the in game economy drove content. DF UW failed because it failed to do the same.

Trinkets are a good example of a recent gold sink added to the game. SV will hopefully eventually get it right.
Theres numerous of guilds and players with over 10 stacks of gold. The economy is gone forever. Only wipe would do something

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

I still have hope.

Eve only worked till they did the scarcity shit. The economy is fubared beyond repair due to dupes. Trinkets won't even make a dent in that accumulated duped gold. People have stack upon stacks of it.

Reactions: Ladupes

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Eve only worked till they did the scarcity shit. The economy is fubared beyond repair due to dupes. Trinkets won't even make a dent in that accumulated duped gold. People have stack upon stacks of it.
Look i havent played much and only did the spiritism farming on the last week with 5 guys..i got 3 stacks of gold. And i sold when they were low than they are now.

this was 1 last week of this farm..imagine the people that this for 2 months or so after trinket patch dropped.
Now imagine in the last 6 months the amount of dups and exploit there has been.

The economy is beyond salvaging.
Even if theres a wipe , its so much gold already made that it would flow into those guys banks again lol.

Reactions: Gnidex

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I still have hope.

As much as I disliked DFO... It failed for a lot of reasons.. several times in fact.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I think stam regen should be better in 2nd and stay the same in 3rd so you could maybe 2nd gear stam if you have swift. Also I think armors need a lot of work for stam and speed. The stam between them isn't that bad but the speed difference between naked and heavy isn't enough that if you have a MA on you they still have a lot of time to get your house down before they either stam out or you have gain enough distance. But I dont really have mounted fights so I really don't know

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
The rest of us shouldn't have to waste our time travelling because some people want to do nothing when they play.
Then don't travel.

This is precisely why travel distances should be long. Time spent is a limiting factor that persuades different players make different choices, just like sum of skillpoints, or availability of mobs or keep spots, are limiting factors that persuade different players to make different choices.

These factors are the sand in the sandbox. If you remove them you have an arena game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo and Rynnik