Mount Armor and Heavy Mounts Should be In Next Patch

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Even mounted archers are currently unplayable if they aren't arcane archers that can heal their own mounts. And mounted mages spend a huge portion of fights babysitting their mount's health. Imagine how much worse that will be when people are diving into melee on their horse. Even if you go for a flank one or two melee hits before you pull out ensures your mount will die if there are any competent archers on the enemy team.

We cannot effectively test current mounted builds, much less the mounted melee builds you intend to introduce next patch, if we don't have mount armor and bull/jotun horses. Give us these critical features so we can actually give some meaningful feedback on your mounted combat systems.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Agreed. I want to see what SV plans in terms of mount balance.

Hopefully there will be a lot of trade offs leading to diversity in mount choice rather than 1 best mount.

Having mounts be less tanky could mean that MC will be allowed to wreck faces again.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Agreed. I want to see what SV plans in terms of mount balance.

Hopefully there will be a lot of trade offs leading to diversity in mount choice rather than 1 best mount.

Having mounts be less tanky could mean that MC will be allowed to wreck faces again.

The weight limitation has a chance to make things more interesting. I'm hoping it might mean lighter horses could get a bit more HP pool but with lower capacities for riders+armor. That alone would make mount variety very important. For instance, Thursars will get off the biggest hits of any rider but will likely be restricted to the largest mounts only.

I'm also hoping when we see the full weight in, that the three numbers most heavily limited are player weight + player armor + mount armor. That could lead to some very interesting compromises.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Horses need a bit of an HP buff, but not too much or they become OP real quickly. Mounteds should always be a hit and run tactic, not a turbo tank with unlimited stamina.
tradroffs should always be required and mounteds should never be just an additional stam/hp bar that allowes you to wear the heaviest steel and run twice as fast as footies.

mounteds should have to worry about their mounts hp, and they should have to come in and out of battles to heal. horses that can sustain a battle for long time are just stupidly op. No bred mounts pls.just add desert horses, jutton horses and make bull horses completely random and very rare.

Last edited:

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Lol Horse mechanics arent even properly added in.. they can run up straight hills without slowing down that much, fields with many stones make foot fighters get stuck and mounteds don't , also horses ride like go carts again and dont feel like a horse. They need to change those things before making mounteds have more mitgation.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
They are place holder horses nothing more. Let get stats for them implemented. Make them like MO1 had minus the OP breeding.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Lol Horse mechanics arent even properly added in.. they can run up straight hills without slowing down that much, fields with many stones make foot fighters get stuck and mounteds don't , also horses ride like go carts again and dont feel like a horse. They need to change those things before making mounteds have more mitgation.

Hard disagree. Nobody is using horses in combat. We have mounted mages, we have mounted archers, soon we will have mounted melee. If horses continue to die as easily as they do now, none of these systems will get tested. But we know tankier mounts and mount armor are on the way. So why not expedite these intended features so we can properly test the many forms of mounted combat that will be available by the end of this month? Why even bother implementing mounted combat if horses are so fragile nobody uses them for combat?

Last edited:

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Hard disagree. Nobody is using horses in combat. We have mounted mages, we have mounted archers, soon we will have mounted melee. If horses continue to die as easily as they do now, none of these systems will get tested. But we know tankier mounts and mount armor are on the way. So why not expedite these intended features so we can properly test the many forms of mounted combat that will be available by the end of this month? Why even bother implementing mounted combat if horses are so fragile nobody uses them for combat?
Slightly more tanky would be ok max 50-75 hp added, or else ground will never have a chance. But i stay to my opinion: no increase in hp until they properly add mounted mechanics and it also feels like a horse..

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm not even asking for a buff. I am asking for intended features to be implemented. Adding 50-75 hp to steppes is a buff. Adding bull horses and mount armor is just giving us the planned features we need to properly test mounted combat.