Mortal Online 2 Gameplay Trailer - Is it Misleading?

Do you think the trailer is misleading?

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The trailer was cool the main issue is just the game is so tedious that most of the cool stuff you see you will not be doing most sessions and sessions being multiple hours long.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Misleading lol...why even ask that question, the whole trailer is just gameplay. Silly poll
Well they showed boats which most people dont know yet are just static, and said there are millions of options which isnt really true in substance because there are only a couple viable options per crafting job.

Now for the gameplay that whats being shown most which you dont really do the majority of the game. Theres a couple of other small things I could pick at.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
1.) At the 1:09 mark the game boasts 'Crafting with a million options'. While this could perhaps be true (?) to some extent, it really gives a false impression of how vastly small the choices are in the grand scheme of things. There are only so many useful materials, weapon types, and armor types. I just find this is going to lead players into thinking that crafting is going to be this expansive thing to be unfolded when in-fact most veterans could tell the game uses a near 1:1 of MO1's numbers.. At least until new materials are added in.

2.) At the 1:19 mark you can see the game shows you extraction for a fraction of a second. It doesn't really illustrate the lengthy process that is extraction. Something a lot of players will need to do to acquire materials.

3.) At the 1:35 mark we get a glimpse at combat between players which, I understand for simplicity sake, is done at such an extremely slow pace like that of a crawl and demonstrates the different directions and aspects. Even though most combat is people squirreling around and spinning, with a lot of it being gridlocked into parrying stalemates. Also, it shows the use of one handed weapons twice even though most one handed weapons are hilariously bad for stamina, damage, reach, and speed.

4.) If you pause at 1:56 you can see the return of mobs just being reduced to pin cushions which still means most mobs are going to be taken down through means of mounted archery. Circling and pelting. I counted 21 arrows in total, not that the amount is meant to mean anything but players don't ever see all 21 of those arrows shot along with the circling. Only just the end to show you can EPICLY CONQUER CREATURES.

5.) I get the spinning jump attack is just for visual flair but it might give people the idea it's possible.

Overall, I think to an individual who has never played Mortal Online 1 or Mortal Online 2 this trailer will make them want to play but I have a feeling it really didn't demonstrate TRUE gameplay but rather in-game footage that was cherry picked and edited to look nice.

1. There are millions of combinations alot of materials are missing and the other 25 armor types are also missing but will come over time. SO yeah basicly they are right. And with alchemy you have more than millions of combinations.

2. Would you show a 2 min extraction timer in a trailer and why? in the old times it was nearly 6 mins be glad that its must faster now after 10 years.

3. True youre right. at combat alpha beginn, if you spin you had problems people cried about not fast enough. star vault made it faster now we have spinning and other shit. But youre right on this.

4. The kite radius ofd boss mobs is already now reallyl low, you cant kite anymore. maybe circling around with moiunted archer will still be posible but not viable depending on what you fighting. And if that thing has range attacks. But basicly youre kinda right.

5. The spinning jump at the troll was fun with a few guildmates that was fun, yeah just for the epicness xD but yeah could give a wrong idea even the spin at the end from haka could give wrong impressions.

But now to the conclusion. Have you seen the other trailers of most games they are never shoiwing the real gameplay, star vault indeed does for the most part. and that stuff is recorded from players. And not staged shit. So basicly the most honest trailer you can get. Anyway Party Hard.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
1. There are millions of combinations alot of materials are missing and the other 25 armor types are also missing but will come over time. SO yeah basicly they are right. And with alchemy you have more than millions of combinations.

2. Would you show a 2 min extraction timer in a trailer and why? in the old times it was nearly 6 mins be glad that its must faster now after 10 years.

3. True youre right. at combat alpha beginn, if you spin you had problems people cried about not fast enough. star vault made it faster now we have spinning and other shit. But youre right on this.

4. The kite radius ofd boss mobs is already now reallyl low, you cant kite anymore. maybe circling around with moiunted archer will still be posible but not viable depending on what you fighting. And if that thing has range attacks. But basicly youre kinda right.

5. The spinning jump at the troll was fun with a few guildmates that was fun, yeah just for the epicness xD but yeah could give a wrong idea even the spin at the end from haka could give wrong impressions.

But now to the conclusion. Have you seen the other trailers of most games they are never shoiwing the real gameplay, star vault indeed does for the most part. and that stuff is recorded from players. And not staged shit. So basicly the most honest trailer you can get. Anyway Party Hard.

So the materials aren't there yet they say there is a million combinations? I don't understand fully. That's like saying I have a million dollars but I'll have it in due time, so I basically have a million dollars.

Be glad and settle with bad game design? No thanks. That way of thinking is how developers get away with lazy design.

Yeah the combat is fucked. It's just not fun.

I still think it'll be a mounted ranged meta for PvE farming. Especially for groups.

I get the whole shield bash to fling someone in the air, it's just a flair that isn't really something you DO in the game. Can you do it? Yeah. Would you and should you do it outside of just fucking around? No.

I'm not calling this a gameplay trailer, but I prefer how Elden Ring handled their 'gameplay' reveal. Perhaps SV should look into doing something like this.

Also, I'm not speaking of other games or comparing the trailer to other trailers. Yes, a lot of games mislead people; it's shit. Doing it less, or more; does not make it better or worse. It's honestly all the same in my eyes.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
You really haven't changed much in all these years eh? Still the same old bickering vet getting trickered...
Not changed since 09 ?
In 09 I was THE MO fanboi. I took their words as gospel man.
I have not seen a single MO player who played more then me, for longer then me.

But over the course of 10 years I saw all they did was promise, lie and come with poor excuses.
That is what is created through 10 years of being let down, lied to and treated like shit while being the biggest fan and supporter they had.

So you can blame SV for creating the forum persona of me, just like I blame SV for ruining and continuing to ruin MO and its memory.
At this point Ive just invested too much time to stop, and since there are now hordes of blind fanbois, this game does need 1 person who tells the truth and the truth and nothing but the truth while SVs being crowded by yay sayers, fanbois and other ilks of their kind, thats been ruining good games since the start of the 20th century.

We are not born, we are created! Funny part is how our creator then tries to get rid of us through immoral means every time they have a chance.
Im used to threats from the devs and getting banned for saying my opinions. Simply because what I say is so truthful that it hurts their feelings, and they know it. Reason why they try to get rid of me all the time.
Just this message here gonna make me closer to vanishing from these forums for some time.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Not changed since 09 ?

But over the course of 10 years I saw all they did was promise, lie and come with poor excuses.
That is what is created through 10 years of being let down, lied to and treated like shit while being the biggest fan and supporter they had.

So you can blame SV for creating the forum persona of me, just like I blame SV for ruining and continuing to ruin MO and its memory.
At this point Ive just invested too much time to stop, and since there are now hordes of blind fanbois, this game does need 1 person who tells the truth and the truth and nothing but the truth while SVs being crowded by yay sayers, fanbois and other ilks of their kind, thats been ruining good games since the start of the 20th century.

We are not born, we are created! Funny part is how our creator then tries to get rid of us through immoral means every time they have a chance.
Im used to threats from the devs and getting banned for saying my opinions. Simply because what I say is so truthful that it hurts their feelings, and they know it. Reason why they try to get rid of me all the time.
Just this message here gonna make me closer to vanishing from these forums for some time.

The worst part is people try to make you feel bad because of it.

I've honestly found it really stupid how people mock someone who has much more time invested into the game whether it was the first or the second one. They say MO1 failed because of people being toxic, griefing, being a quote on quote 'PvP Arena Game' and lay that blame at the feet of players like you, myself, and others.

No, hate to break it to you SV just never listened to proper feedback. Rather feeding into the wrong groups, and the wrong people.

Henrik went on quote saying the two best players in MO2 (At the time of saying it) were Horny Furry and Tyguy. One of those players was banned from MO1, and the other from MO2 for ""not playing fairly"". The MO1 test team consistent of people who didn't want the game to improve, but saw it as a way to further their own greed in the form of pixels. Player GM's were horrendously awful and did a lot of things they weren't supposed to do.

MO2 was a light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems like the original idea isn't being pursued for the sake of numbers. I get it. You want a game people think is popular, and that all can ""enjoy"". The problem is you're building up so much hype on an idea that is shallow on the inside. People who play this game will quit within a month at max, and those who stay will either fall into the sunk cost fallacy or because they ignore all the problems and just praise anything and everything.

It's sad how we can't even have discussions on the forums properly without mod intervention because someone talks shit or insults people, but can't take it back; or just report posts and threads because they don't like what they read or who it's coming from. It's sad how the forums has maybe at best 50 active people participating on it.

Discord is great and all but it's horrible for gathering and discussing ideas. Some people aren't even allowed in the Discord because they got banned for some obscure and pointless reason. Yet they keep the brown nosers around. Not that surprised.

I just hate how this game is trying to gear up hype through visuals, shaky promises, and attempting to go 'main stream' through public appeal by lowering standards and lessening depth.

I hate how I want the game to do well on all fronts, yet it seems Star Vault either think they know best or don't care and will do what they want. Who cares about refining anything? Just put it in and move onto the next thing.

We get a combat alpha, and the combat wasn't even finished or refined enough properly. They just gave up and said they'd revisit it then never did. When was there anything legitimately done to it since the combat alpha changes? A guy tells me they're going to lower the stamina cost on one handed weapons yet the stamina cost isn't the problem. The one handed weapons in MO2 have horrible hit boxes, horrible swing speed, horrible damage - and these reasons make people avoid them. But yeah.. costing less stamina will fix it!

The game just feels soulless. I tried to play it the other day and I couldn't because it just seems so empty and devoid of anything. I have no urge to set out and do anything, or attempt to get friends together to go do anything because I know nothing will come of it. It's just sad.

Game developers just let people down for so many years. Maybe 2022 will be the change to that.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
The worst part is people try to make you feel bad because of it.

I've honestly found it really stupid how people mock someone who has much more time invested into the game whether it was the first or the second one. They say MO1 failed because of people being toxic, griefing, being a quote on quote 'PvP Arena Game' and lay that blame at the feet of players like you, myself, and others.

No, hate to break it to you SV just never listened to proper feedback. Rather feeding into the wrong groups, and the wrong people.

Henrik went on quote saying the two best players in MO2 (At the time of saying it) were Horny Furry and Tyguy. One of those players was banned from MO1, and the other from MO2 for ""not playing fairly"". The MO1 test team consistent of people who didn't want the game to improve, but saw it as a way to further their own greed in the form of pixels. Player GM's were horrendously awful and did a lot of things they weren't supposed to do.

MO2 was a light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems like the original idea isn't being pursued for the sake of numbers. I get it. You want a game people think is popular, and that all can ""enjoy"". The problem is you're building up so much hype on an idea that is shallow on the inside. People who play this game will quit within a month at max, and those who stay will either fall into the sunk cost fallacy or because they ignore all the problems and just praise anything and everything.

It's sad how we can't even have discussions on the forums properly without mod intervention because someone talks shit or insults people, but can't take it back; or just report posts and threads because they don't like what they read or who it's coming from. It's sad how the forums has maybe at best 50 active people participating on it.

Discord is great and all but it's horrible for gathering and discussing ideas. Some people aren't even allowed in the Discord because they got banned for some obscure and pointless reason. Yet they keep the brown nosers around. Not that surprised.

I just hate how this game is trying to gear up hype through visuals, shaky promises, and attempting to go 'main stream' through public appeal by lowering standards and lessening depth.

I hate how I want the game to do well on all fronts, yet it seems Star Vault either think they know best or don't care and will do what they want. Who cares about refining anything? Just put it in and move onto the next thing.

We get a combat alpha, and the combat wasn't even finished or refined enough properly. They just gave up and said they'd revisit it then never did. When was there anything legitimately done to it since the combat alpha changes? A guy tells me they're going to lower the stamina cost on one handed weapons yet the stamina cost isn't the problem. The one handed weapons in MO2 have horrible hit boxes, horrible swing speed, horrible damage - and these reasons make people avoid them. But yeah.. costing less stamina will fix it!

The game just feels soulless. I tried to play it the other day and I couldn't because it just seems so empty and devoid of anything. I have no urge to set out and do anything, or attempt to get friends together to go do anything because I know nothing will come of it. It's just sad.

Game developers just let people down for so many years. Maybe 2022 will be the change to that.
Couldnt have said it better.

Enablers are as worse as the perpetrator, and let me tell you all, MO and MO2 is filled with enablers.

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
Not changed since 09 ?

I might be wrong regarding your history and the start of your frustration - sorry for that but I do not remember you from that time and my comment was based on last time I was active here. I just called you out since you went more after the person than the argument. I still believe this thread is silly and it's kinda grasping for straws to find issues with a completely ordinary trailer. That's just my opinion as I said earlier.

Regarding your burn-out - Take a break dude... I will never get people who hang around if they hate it here. I guess it's kinda like an addiction.
Fuck how much time you spend on this game if it gets to you - time to move on.

Last but not least; I feel this discussion has taking a side turn - sorry for derailing this thread. I will stop replying now so the discussion can continue