Mortal closes a few seconds after login

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Seems to be a random problem, on my system on some occasions this occurs once and after that it doesn't recur, while other times it never happens. I can't really pinpoint the exact cause, but my guess is that it may have something to do with Easy Anti Cheat (a service provided by Epic) which continuously checks background running processes to make sure people are not using cheats or hacks.

Not saying that you are using cheats or hacks, but like having an antivirus software running constantly in the background, it is bound to cause problems at some stage. Or it could just be a bug that they haven't fixed yet.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Maybe this is hard for them to pinpoint since no error reports are being produced?

They also may not be seeing it as a high priority to dig deeper into since reattempts usually work fine.

Unless there is a different issue than what I am experiencing.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
This happens to me every time i update the game. You need to go to steam, file properties, check missing files, and repair. Seems like the patching just isn't that good and always breaks the install, so when you try to login it assumes you're cheating or something and closes

Reactions: Amadman