More Monsters with a purpose.(bring heads to guards for silver/gold)

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Mmm risar chieftan heads
Mmm smough...

latest

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
How is bounty hunting monsters alone an actual purpose for a monster? That is the antithesis of purpose. It's just trophy collection.
They need an actual place in the world and in the lore and something to explore or figure out about them and the world.
Don't just add shit to kill it.

I sound like a vegan now.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Tribe rats, Sators, Bandits, Risars, Megnatons. Then the dungeons.
Kimuru, Thorax and other bosses.

I agree with the OP, MO1 was severely lacking in an ecosystem of fauna. I hope this is something that changes drastically; a sandbox "world" should be filled with wildlife, not just some dungeon mobs and a few herd species to farm. The AI was basically non-existent as well; I hear they're already all over that one though, so could be promising.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
How is bounty hunting monsters alone an actual purpose for a monster? That is the antithesis of purpose. It's just trophy collection.
They need an actual place in the world and in the lore and something to explore or figure out about them and the world.
Don't just add shit to kill it.

I sound like a vegan now.

you do, nothing wrong with that lol

On the subject of purpose it really would be good to see some logic based in lore, and with purpose and interraction between animals/beasts of same and different species
A bunch of wolves chase a wisent down, campodons see off a threatening terror bird, those stupidly big spiders go and upset the risars and bull horses, etc

Also mobs spawning and moving around,
like moving around ALOT,
and becoming either more active and plentiful at night/day/dusk/dawn depending on their habits, moon, weather - too complex ?
there were mods along these lines for Skyrim that were fun, all i know is MO AI wasn't amazing.

though the Springboks actually seem to do this already, more at dawn, a bit scattered through the day, then fewer and hard to find at night.
so i hope it continues, especially since the land area is now like 5x bigger, it would give players a lot more purpose in tracking/studying movements rather than just timing when to turn up to a known mob spawn.

getting off topic sry

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
While I don't necessarily agree with OP on the topic of MO1, due to the size of this new world their definitely needs to be at least double the different types of mobs. If all they do is add more spawns the it will give the world a Copy/Paste effect. Nave is a brilliantly crafted world and should be populated as such.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
A bunch of wolves chase a wisent down, campodons see off a threatening terror bird, those stupidly big spiders go and upset the risars and bull horses, etc., and becoming either more active and plentiful at night/day/dusk/dawn depending on their habits, moon, weather
getting off topic sry
Not off topic at all, I would freaking LOVE to see this. Animals going for water, herds that get spooked and stampede, mobs going super aggro if there are young/eggs to protect, birds that fly around, land on trees and make song. Talk about immersion...

Reactions: Vagrant

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I want that giant vulture flying across Fabernum and frequently picking some fresh GUTS corpse.
Man, could you imagine vultures on our corpses? What a wonderfully creepy visual. If more than a dozen or so corpses, they do that circling in the air thing; could be used to see/find/know battles from a distance, just random thoughts...

Reactions: Vagrant