More Characters Per Account Would Help This Situation

Lurch

Dec 24, 2021
As much as I would love to pay for a whole other account to be able to play this dear game just can't bring myself to, well, reward the current state of things by doubling my financial commitments to this studio.

By all means, do support the project and appreciate the vision but I also am not seeing viable fixes coming down the line and have some concerns/qualms. For those who have purchased extra accounts for access to Haven I'm sure something could be arranged to smooth over monetary compensation/transfers. It does seem that a number of people were, I'm not sure coerced is the word, perhaps incentivized by folly not their own, to double pay for an alt to access to gameplay. Less than ideal as I'm sure all parties would agree, though, seems to be somewhat of a little extra boon to SV's bottom line, no? Certainly a small extra margin, but still, noted.

Looking at the sales numbers it seems SV has made out fairly well, and as we all have experienced first hand, have bitten off more than they can chew. Anyhow, I won't be giving this game a flame on the reviews or anything like that. Its a good game imo, but given how things have progressed during launch and the trajectory of things, the trajectory of server capacity and performance, believe it would behoove SV in the long run to make some greater efforts to improve access to their product within their technical capabilities. Perhaps something along these lines would be a good start? Your thoughts please.

-L

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
If the solution involves SV backtracking on something or admitting they were wrong it's not going to happen lol. More likely to double down honestly

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
No Imo all Beta testers should get 2 characters, base, no extra sub fee. But for those that want extra characters they should be able to pay 30$ a month, and not have to repurchase the game. Maximum of 3 characters.

Ill gadly pay $30 for 2 characters. But I however will never rebuy the game. I have to stick to my principles.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Well we all discovered that the game is not ready for subscription, hence why they have not included this play time with our first month. What are we 12 days in? Its been a frustrating start I agree. But I disagree a second character will help this situation. It will only prolong it. Instead of any more content or goals, they need to focus on one thing, making the Myrland server work. If they have to hire more staff that is the logical thing to do. But asking for them to add more content is only putting a band-aid over the true problem; when the game needs surgery.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Well we all discovered that the game is not ready for subscription, hence why they have not included this play time with our first month. What are we 12 days in? Its been a frustrating start I agree. But I disagree a second character will help this situation. It will only prolong it. Instead of any more content or goals, they need to focus on one thing, making the Myrland server work. If they have to hire more staff that is the logical thing to do. But asking for them to add more content is only putting a band-aid over the true problem; when the game needs surgery.
Since the 25th? Six plus four equals ten days in. It just seems like a dozen.

Reactions: Serverus