MO2 - only game that crashes with Widescreen

Pox

Apr 16, 2022
Howdy,

Ever since I got lg34gn950g monitor (widescreen) Mortal Online 2 crashes Windows every 4 minutes - all the way to the : ( blue screen. Anyone have thoughts here? I've tried every possible configuration of settings (in-game, nvidia control panel, windows, etc.) and cables (display port and hdmi), and have completely re-installed windows, drivers, and updates. I have nothing on my computer except what is essential for Mortal Online 2.... I have i9 11200k, and AUROS 3080ti GPU.... Anyone have thoughts here?

It usually loads into the login screen, looks great... and then either on loading into the game itself OR upon the first 3 minutes of walking around, it reboots my windows with after a quick error screen. I can't play, and haven't been able to paly for several days now.

I need help, and MO2 support has done nothing to help.

My specs:

• NZXT H510 Elite - CA-H510E-W1 - Premium Mid-Tower (Back and Top exhaust fans have been upgraded)
  • GAMEMAX Power Supply 850W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Certified
  • GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS PRO AX ATX Intel Motherboard
  • GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card
  • Intel Core i9-11900K - Core i9 11th Gen Rocket Lake 8-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1200 125W
  • Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler, NF-A15 x 2 PWM Fans
  • 4x 16gig (64gigs) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4800 Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory
  • 2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 PLUS NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive
  • Powermax 850w

Last edited:

Vaelic

Apr 5, 2022
My friend plays in widescreen and has been experiencing this exact thing. I say plays but I should say PLAYED, since he quit after not being able to figure it out. It only started with the most recent patch too which is the frustrating part.

Pox

Apr 16, 2022
My friend plays in widescreen and has been experiencing this exact thing. I say plays but I should say PLAYED, since he quit after not being able to figure it out. It only started with the most recent patch too which is the frustrating part.
What kind of Monitor / Comp set up?

Anyone else experiencing this? Or, better yet, have a fix?

Last edited:

Pox

Apr 16, 2022
I got it working... had to purchase a new PSU. All the errors in Event Viewer were APCI 2, event 56 (windows doesn't like something, power hardware problem). So, bought up to a bigger PSU went with 1000w EVGA.

MO2 is a beastly application, and costs required much more on my PSU once I got my widescreen.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I play on a budget wide-screen external monitor 1080p, PSU is 650W in an eGPU with RTX 3070 inside, hooked up to Alienware 13 R3.

I had some weird random system freezes before that required me to hard reboot my laptop by holding down the power button. But after turning off DLSS the crashes stopped.