MO2 map crafting / Cartography (fast travel system)

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Proffesion - Cartography
Required materials to create a map - papyrus and ink

Resulting finished item - Map of Myrland (finished) - A blessed (soulbound) useable item, upon clicking it, you open a map of the Myrland
Map's effect - upon using a finished map while in spirit form you can chose to teleport to a one or more pre selected city waypoints that are set into the map by it's creator.

Crafting table - Cartography table
Process of creating a map :
- Each city has a cartography table that allows you to create a basis of a map by using two crafting spots for the materials, one for papyrus and one for ink.
- The cartography table also has a waypoint inscription spot which inscribes a waypoint of this specific city (using the ink) into the map and allows the user once the map is finished to teleport to these inscribed spots while in spirit form.
To inscribe multiple city waypoints into the map, the cartographer has to travel between cities with the basis of the maps and inscribe them into the maps.
- Quality of the papyurs affects durability of the map. The lowest quality allows for 5 uses while the best quality allows for 20 uses.
- Quality of the ink affects the amount of waypoints that you can inscribe into the map for teleporting. The lowest quality allows for 1 waypoint while the best quality allows for 4 waypoints.
- When the map is crafted it's just a basis called "map (unfinished)" that is not blessed and can not be used for teleporting to waypoints. To finish a map you need to place it into the cartography table's "Finish map" spot that finalises the map allowing the user to use the teleport to inscribed waypoints function and also blesses the map causting it to become soulbound.

Since Henrik mentioned multiple times that they don't want to add any sort of baseline moon gates / fast travel into the game, I though that the map crafting proffesion could in the future be used for that purpose since I don't think just plain visul even if very precise maps will have any actual use in MO2 considering we have the unofficial MO2 map website.
Personally I say just add the damm fast travel to cut down the dead unfun no risk travel time but alas it looks like that won't happen so I propose some kind of system like this as an alternative.