MO2 flagging and rep system take the fun out of MO

Tzone

May 16, 2021
oy sons, it's BETA. Would all of you sister wives be mad if they did an open pvp weekend or open pvp few days? :eek: Sometimes people have to SEE SOMETHING WORK before they believe it. Lettuce begin to clamor! There aren't any structures or anything, so this wouldn't mean that much.

Like I said the flagging system made sense but sandbox... we're all too smart for that! It has proven WEAK AND INEFFECTIVE at doing what it was supposed to, imo. The only thing I can say definitively is that a good amount of people are like O SHIT A RED, or just fight them on sight.

Edit: also the grind, travel etc, whatever you wanna call it, like I said MO IS MORE BALANCED (looool believe it or notttt) than any other open PVP game I've played, that's even back when shit was WEIRD. Well, there were a few instances where things got really weird, like da mauls, but they were addressed. We need to hold a council and voice our opinion because once enough people bitch things get changed immediately, unless certain donators or w/e are saying things. Whispering billz. Like I said armor shit got fixed FAST, and good on 'em.

I still think parry and pet following need to be addressed. Then maybe they can add sitting by campfires!
Its actually a alpha just called beta. The people complaining have 1k hours in the game and know all the issues. In my 1k game was less annoying to play in the past and like each patch adds something more tedious making the game worse.

For "beta" it would have already been released like 2 months ago, and we only have 2 months left. The issue also isnt that they arent working fast enought to fix the game but they are adding to the game things that are making it worse.

And inb4 saying they need to add some dog water MO1 system to fix some issue that shouldn't even need to be apart of the game in the first place.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Ranting over MO1 is beating a Dead Horse.
ranting over mo1 is beating a dead horse.png
Maybe you should go to MO1's forum and rant about what, among other Stuff Henrik Says, he & Star Vault have "learnt a ton" about game design from. Oh, wait...
Go watch any kind of stream Henrik has done on MO1
If I was interested in MO1 any longer, I would have been playing it between 2018 and now. Maybe.
- - - -
people used to say... "well steamcharts doesn't accurately show all the players!!"
Because it didn't; it only showed those who logged in through Steam since Steam release in 2015. You and I are allowed to speculate that not many people since 2015 didn't log in through Steam, but not that nobody logged in WITHOUT Steam while that was still possible. (Confidentially, I've seen it done.I think you can make a point about low population is, and you're not asking me to disbelieve my own senses & friends & guildmates. That never works. )

This game struggled to manage a healthy population due to a lot of decisions which drove people AWAY.
At this point, we're not sure if you are talking about MO1 or MO2. Feel free to say "both."
Hell, according to Steam Charts the highest amount of players was 1,017 for the MO2 Stress Test but since Star Vault never openly shows any form of data they just put out their own numbers without really any proof.

CORRECTION: According to Steam Charts, the highest amount of players who were logged in at one time for the noted Stress Test was 1,017.
Pretty sure you're conflating a single Stress Test event with the entire MO2 Beta:

4n0Aiwr.png

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/1725420
Archived At: https://web.archive.org/web/20211115081826/https://steamcharts.com/app/1725420

The peak of simultaneous players (Steam accounts) during the stress test (dated, shown) was 1017 -- not the total for the whole test, just the peak-- and all of them had to log in through Steam. Steam (the Valve company) released this number. NOT Star Vault. No-one 'made it up'.

But this is the Steam Chart for Mortal Online 2:

screencapture-steamcharts-app-1170950-2021-11-15-01_03_24-sel.png
BECAUSE... stay with me on thiis... Mortal Online 2 is still in Beta, and Steam does not yet release the numbers to Steam Charts for the ordinary day-to-day play in the Beta.

They are reported-- as numbers, or as not available-- by Steam Charts. Separately:

vFtEUI9.png

We're going to have to wait for the day when Steam pronounces more solid numbers.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
oy sons, it's BETA. Would all of you sister wives be mad if they did an open pvp weekend or open pvp few days? :eek: Sometimes people have to SEE SOMETHING WORK before they believe it. Lettuce begin to clamor! There aren't any structures or anything, so this wouldn't mean that much.
The problem is this game is doing all the same issues MO1 did, along with adding new ones. MO1 felt like a beta, and it died a beta. My friend still has scrolls in his bank that they never added to the game.

Also this game has pasted more bad features from MO1 than I can count. I remember being really hype that they might make mounted not annoying, and many other features that could have been re done. They didnt, they just pasted the same exact garbage over. One I was hoping for, is making mounting and speeding up actually have a process, so someone cant just jump on a horse and jet off. Nope, just like MO1. Because thats really immersive. You definitely couldnt try to pull them down or anything while their horse magically fearlessly just sits mid fight waiting for them to get on so it can go 0 to 100 like a race car when he gets on, while its getting smacked by spears and axes. So MO1 was the alpha, and MO2 is the beta.

Yeah, NO.
Just make suggestions for improving the Reputation & Flagging systems. You're much better at that.
WTB ice pack 69 cuprum

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
MO is actually pretty balanced for a pvp mmo. That's one thing people discount. The balance swings are wayyy less than say a game where you can get lvl 99 and LEGENDARY GEARZ. But yea... there are some things from MO1, but most of them are hollow seeming.
Like it could be worse, but I'm not really sure if thats a true statement. Because what's the competition. I cant think of any actually hardcore open pvp mmo thats not virtually dead. And being better than a dead game isnt a huge accomplishment. Especially when MO1, which this game is taking most from, is a dead game.

It is true that open pvp games can never be balanced. You can always get zerged or get attacked by the thing you arent equipped or able to fight. And theres nothing they can do about that. Its just a con of having options. Which is better than having no options. But. That doesnt mean they should leave so many things in the anti fun state that they are in. Like mounted and pets.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah saying its not as bad as it could be is no excuse when its only bad because they added it into the game. The went backwards which is the main issue.

From what Ive seen once they add something to the game it will stay in the game and be stuck there for ever because in SVs view they never makes mistakes.

I really hate the cop out of "they will eventually fix it" No I dont think they will, I think the fix you have in mind will make the game not as good as if could be. Or the other cop out of "In MO1" it was less worse because they had the full bad system instead of half of the bad system.