MO2 Fishing Tips!?

Evictis

Mar 25, 2021
I have been fishing around Mryland. Are there any beginner tips you recommend to a newbie fisher like myself? I have been trying to figure out what type of hooks I should use in certain areas, bait to use, etc. It seems like Canna Fish is an all-around bait in most fishing spots; on top of that, Lines don't matter, and all I use is the strong line.
I recently caught a lesser Thalassa snake. Is this possible to use in alchemy? Is fishing, in general, has alchemy use? Any information is beneficial. Thanks for reading.

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
I have been fishing around Mryland. Are there any beginner tips you recommend to a newbie fisher like myself? I have been trying to figure out what type of hooks I should use in certain areas, bait to use, etc. It seems like Canna Fish is an all-around bait in most fishing spots; on top of that, Lines don't matter, and all I use is the strong line.
I recently caught a lesser Thalassa snake. Is this possible to use in alchemy? Is fishing, in general, has alchemy use? Any information is beneficial. Thanks for reading.
Yea pick another profession they nerft fishing Into the ground. every material from fishing can be drastically easier to gain from somthing else

Reactions: Evictis

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
it's a game about secrets, fishing is a profession about secrets, alchemy too ...
at launch they nerfed the price you could vendor some fish meat because it was way too profitable ... so beta noobs are telling everyone to stop fishing.
fishing is a long term thing. For now try to map the waters : what fish where and how to catch it.
try stuff by instinct ... try fishing at the bottom, at the surface ... maybe try small hooks first to catch small fishes, that might be a bait for bigger ones ... somewhere else in a dark cave.
don't be hasty young master Evictis.

Reactions: Evictis

Evictis

Mar 25, 2021
it's a game about secrets, fishing is a profession about secrets, alchemy too ...
at launch they nerfed the price you could vendor some fish meat because it was way too profitable ... so beta noobs are telling everyone to stop fishing.
fishing is a long term thing. For now try to map the waters : what fish where and how to catch it.
try stuff by instinct ... try fishing at the bottom, at the surface ... maybe try small hooks first to catch small fishes, that might be a bait for bigger ones ... somewhere else in a dark cave.
don't be hasty young master Evictis.
I have been keeping track of the many things I've caught in the oceans and lakes on a personal spreadsheet. It ranges from east lake, chiki lake, toxai and to Gaul Kor. Alchemy is also a profession that I have been dabbling in. So the more I fish, the more secrets I can discover; the same goes with alchemy is what you are saying. As for the dark cave, I may know what you are talking about. I stumbled upon it on my fishing adventures. Will revisit when I have the chance. I do need to go back to the jungle for the veteran fishing vendor. Thank you, this was helpful in many ways. Peace

Reactions: Caspean_The_Cook

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Care To elaborate.

currently no fish carapace or scale is better then anything that can be hunted on land. Heavy carapace>all fishing carapace. Panser carapace is even better then heavy. Crab carapace can be found by killing giant crabs for a DRastically faster time. They have nerfs butcher yeilds about 4 times now. And nerfs vendor sell prices about 3-4 times also. you make more money farming zombies then fishing now. Or farming bears/wolfs. They nerfs fishing by increasing the strength of fish bites making it absurdly unfun to fish now. With perfect reeling it takes to long to catch fish. It’s sad I just dropped fishing bc they have made it unfun to play and its not worth the time at the moment. it sucks they said they will only have 1 character slot per account I believe Hendrix said on his last stream no plans for a second char slot So you have to pick what will best make your character self sufficienT

Caspean_The_Cook

Feb 28, 2022
I have been keeping track of the many things I've caught in the oceans and lakes on a personal spreadsheet. It ranges from east lake, chiki lake, toxai and to Gaul Kor. Alchemy is also a profession that I have been dabbling in. So the more I fish, the more secrets I can discover; the same goes with alchemy is what you are saying. As for the dark cave, I may know what you are talking about. I stumbled upon it on my fishing adventures. Will revisit when I have the chance. I do need to go back to the jungle for the veteran fishing vendor. Thank you, this was helpful in many ways. Peace

I havnt left Haven yet but when I do if your looking for a fishing mate Id be happy to tag along. Ive got into fishing and have found it fun and relaxing. Its a nice switch from crafting or killing mobs. I plan to mostly be a traveling merchant with cooking/fishing/alchemy. Sell my food and potions across the lands.