Mo1 Server Down

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
I have recently started playing Mo1 again as we wait for the TC patch and a few other updates in Mo2. I went so far as resubbing for 3 months. I have been playing again for about a week or so and having fun. Went to log in yesterday to find the server down. It is still down today. I have message everyone I know to message on the SV team but have not found anyone who will even respond to me.
Does anyone know who to contact to get the Mo1 server reset? or have they shut the servers down, and if so who do I contact to get my $40 back for the 3 month sub?
Thanks for any help in this quandary which I find myself

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I have recently started playing Mo1 again as we wait for the TC patch and a few other updates in Mo2. I went so far as resubbing for 3 months. I have been playing again for about a week or so and having fun. Went to log in yesterday to find the server down. It is still down today. I have message everyone I know to message on the SV team but have not found anyone who will even respond to me.
Does anyone know who to contact to get the Mo1 server reset? or have they shut the servers down, and if so who do I contact to get my $40 back for the 3 month sub?
Thanks for any help in this quandary which I find myself

Never stop posting this, everywhere you can. Never stop contacting them. Put it on Reddit. Put it on steam. Jeff Dumpster is the man to go to for all of your MO1 news. Not sure where he has run of to, but you can find his YouTube

I bet if you post on there, he can at least tell you whether it is down for good or what is going on. Sounds like a really bad situation, and I speak for everyone who was too sad to post: we are sorry for the situation you find yourself in. I hope you can get your money back, but that might be tough. Hopefully there is something else you could get? In fact, I hope the servers are not completely down because they should have announced that. But yes, bother Jeff Dumpster, he trolls people a lot, but he mainly wants to discuss things. He will help you, srs. At least to figure out what is going on w/ the server. Assuming he's not geeking on some party drug, but he'll still get back to you!

Reactions: Jethub

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I get people love for MO1, but sometimes you need to move on. Playing MO1 now has nothing on playing MO1 back when it had players. I'd rather just let it rest in peace and move on to MO2. It doesnt give me the same experience as peak MO1, but its as close as any game is going to get.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The MO1 website is down since first week of December 2022. StarVault seems to prepare for the final shutdown of MO1. The don't care for the website with forum and now the don't care for the game server.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I get people love for MO1, but sometimes you need to move on. Playing MO1 now has nothing on playing MO1 back when it had players. I'd rather just let it rest in peace and move on to MO2. It doesnt give me the same experience as peak MO1, but its as close as any game is going to get.

Remm they gave us a free month of a sub tho? My stuff never kicked in, or it like started at purchase which is NUTS. I got on and was gonna at least cook the rest of my mats or something. Maybe I could have given soph food to someone. I could prol still adjust the soph list for someone who wanted to be on it, assuming it still updated. HOWEVER, I found no sub when I logged in, and nobody answered my callz about why that was. But yeah while MO2 was Q'd I gave it a little thought.

Xuni is also someone who knows about MO1, re: OP. SV def has to refund OP's money though. It's a surprise they even took it, tbh. Like I've said before, I don't have any deep hatred for SV, but I def am always gonna call them out for BS like this, cuz it's an all-too-familiar experience.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I hope SV organize some nice final event to shutdown MO1, something epic that close the mo1 era and start the mo2.

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
I wanted to follow up on my post. I messaged a few people (LGM, Community helper etc..) from SV. I was notified to let the help center know and I did just that. The help center let me know they were addressing the issue. This morning when I got up and made my morning tea I checked and the server was back up and running!

KUDOS to SV for listening and responding.
For those wondering why I would go back and play Mo1. I had played when the game originally was released (pre-steam era) and had a lot of fun but my core group of friends were playing the arma series fairly heavily, so my playtime drifted over to Arma2. I would occasionally jump on MO but because my core group wasn't interested I mostly played alone. When Mo2 came out I bought it in Beta and again had a great time playing, made a bunch of new friends in Mo2 and joined a guild called Talus Confederation.

I took a short break last spring (busy for me in IRL that time of year) and when I came back TC had broken up due to some kind of duping/exploiting nonsense that some of the members were involved in. So I decided I would wait for some of the parts of Mo2 that are not in yet that I have enjoyed in MO and in the meantime I would revisit the world of MO and refresh my lockpicking skills, check out some of the things not in Mo2 yet to refresh myself on how they worked etc... I will return to Mo2 when some of the gameplay elements of MO make it into Mo2.

buffalo

Dec 3, 2022

If people disregarded this and logged in it might actually just be the case that there are people lol. Why do I need to grow up into a less generate form of myself? like...no...I'm not maturing into what isn't objectively a better take on the entire idea of a game. Sorry bro. Move on from games yeah I can see that for sure. I also like chess and football etc.

newmizj

Jun 26, 2022
The MO1 website is down since first week of December 2022. StarVault seems to prepare for the final shutdown of MO1. The don't care for the website with forum and now the don't care for the game server.
I don't understand your comment, they were charging me the 6 month subs for the game.. as of Dec 22 they tried again.. which I declined. But they had already gotten 1 years worth of subs out of me for a game I don't play. So, how can you say they are shutting it down when they are still charging subs for it?