Merchant Row:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well, I got one more DoA suggestion then I think I'll float off the forums for awhile. My Discord is in my profile if you wanna CHAT BUDS (not that I'm there too much either haha.) Anyway,

I was talking about how towns are not so active. I think the broker is cool, but one example of things that tend to be spammed a lot is scribe-work. I have an idea to possibly make towns more interesting, add in 'slots' for merchants.

FIRST, add in a server specific merchant channel where people can talk. Add in slots, more depending on the town size, where you can park your char (limited by time and activity, somehow) and you are allowed to use the bench affiliated with the slot (or like, scribing) and your whole bank. So could be... wep, armor, horse, cook, alchemy, pet (including level my pet? :O), scribing, butchery, extraction, etc. And you could spam in the channel and people could come up to you and talk and get custo weps without it having to be like "ne1 craft me 2h sword... ye sure folo me to bench."

Would take some minor things, like both people being able to see a screen. % sliders for extractions/refining (w/ actual gains shown), ability to add money. Would def make the sharing of skills easier than broker, which has its own use of course, too.

The only mystery I haven't quite solved is other than immersion purposes and ease (def for the player looking for help, maybe not as much the server,) what would the benefit be? Something small, so it couldn't be abused. I def think titles like crafting ones except sold... and maybe tiny bits of rep or clade so that if you put in work you'd slowly get up, but it wouldn't be something you could really cheese out, or that if you DID cheese it out, it would be easy to tell and get you reprimanded.

That's my MO townz is ded first suggestion. I don't think it'd be that hard to implement, some kinks. I think it would make things more interesting for people who are just kinda milling around (nopun) town without much to do.

peace again.