Melee feedback explained

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Hi,
Im getting a little confused about some status i see on combat log.
What means counter reduced?
Why sometimes i parry a guy and he instantly swings at me? Shouldnt be a CD?

If we are not parrying each other should i just trade with him or should i always wait to parry and then attack?
I sometimes get the counter reduced after i parry people and i dont understand what is the meaning of it

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You get counter reduced when you get hit while riposting (doing that fast attack after parry). It reduces the damage you receive.
The delay is small and if you time it right you can swing almost immediately after being parried.

If we are not parrying each other should i just trade with him or should i always wait to parry and then attack?
Depends on a situation and comes with experience. Generally swing when you see the opportunity.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
You get counter reduced when you get hit while riposting (doing that fast attack after parry). It reduces the damage you receive.
The delay is small and if you time it right you can swing almost immediately after being parried.

Depends on a situation and comes with experience. Generally swing when you see the opportunity.
So it means like , he attacks me and i parry.. i immediatly tap to get the full dmg and he attacks at the same time..if the counter reduced pops it means i will get less dmg cuz i parried his shot , right?

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
So it means like , he attacks me and i parry.. i immediatly tap to get the full dmg and he attacks at the same time..if the counter reduced pops it means i will get less dmg cuz i parried his shot , right?
Right