Melee Combat Improvement Thread

Tzone

May 16, 2021
i would like to see chip damage through a parry when you charge an attack for a longer time, maybe together with a 2nd animation state after the first circle is full.
this would also add he ability to use a parry as a time shortener for the heavy attack without relying on broken animations. imo it makes sense on paper.
You should be able to chip through parries after the circle flashes

PatWins

May 28, 2020
You should be able to chip through parries after the circle flashes
I’ve thought about something similar in the past as well. Just not sure how balanced it would be while fighting outnumbered.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I’ve thought about something similar in the past as well. Just not sure how balanced it would be while fighting outnumbered.
I was say tgat it already does. Maybe it just depends on what weapon they are parry with vs hit with. Am I wrong?

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I was say tgat it already does. Maybe it just depends on what weapon they are parry with vs hit with. Am I wrong?
Depends on the enemy’s strength, blocking skill and the blunt damage of your weapon.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Good post, I agree with mostly everything. Kicks being added spooks me though. I also don't know how I feel about Suggestion 9. I've always hated everything about heavy mauls and the ridiculous damage they do. They've always been a low-skill high reward meme weapon. Its the weapon you give the bad player in your group and hope that he lands a hit or two to make for some easy kills. I don't think damage numbers should be that high in a full loot PvP game.

Reactions: PatWins