Mega Patch Notes 1.0.4.18 Discussion (2/2)

What do you think of this mega patch?

• Total voters

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Patch need to be add more then he broke.
If that not happened - that was not a patch - that was downgrade.
We got
Mega Downgrade 1.0.4.18

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Gets a bad from me. Ya, lots of 'fixes', but doesnt change anything about the game that actually makes me not want to play. And if its anything like MO1, Necro only made the game less fun.

you know Necro pets are going to be insanely broken when they made bosses immune to pets. Instead of making pets borderline fair gameplay, they just made bosses immune to them.

No balance changes or anything related to anything that's been talked about in the last several months.

Pop only went up liek 100 ish today, I expect it to be back down to pre patch in lie ka week, and from there continue to drop. I cant see the game making it long term when it took months for this patch but it adds almost nothing to make anyone come back. And most of the people who came back for this will prob quit very quickly because 99% of the game is still the same as it was when they quit.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Gets a bad from me. Ya, lots of 'fixes', but doesnt change anything about the game that actually makes me not want to play. And if its anything like MO1, Necro only made the game less fun.

you know Necro pets are going to be insanely broken when they made bosses immune to pets. Instead of making pets borderline fair gameplay, they just made bosses immune to them.

No balance changes or anything related to anything that's been talked about in the last several months.

Pop only went up liek 100 ish today, I expect it to be back down to pre patch in lie ka week, and from there continue to drop. I cant see the game making it long term when it took months for this patch but it adds almost nothing to make anyone come back. And most of the people who came back for this will prob quit very quickly because 99% of the game is still the same as it was when they quit.
BUT MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jatix

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see pops jump up by a bit more than the 100ish we see today since the patch repacks the entire game on top of the already lengthy trademark (and abhorrent) Steam 'decompress/unpack while downloading while installing' system. This patch is taking a loooong ass time to complete, and I have fiber-optic internet & a NVMe SSD.

Anyway, not super excited about this patch, but I guess some of it is nice to see. Still, they're just adding more content that doesn't really need to be there instead of hunkering down and taking a look at the core aspects of the game and how the gameplay loop is not enough to keep people interested: the answer is that the sandbox mechanics overall are far too shallow. Bug fixes are nice, but it seems like a lot of it is just a band-aid and doesn't fix the actual underlying issue-- it's hard to feel too confident when you see that. Do they not know how to fix the actual issue?

They need a mega patch that finishes all the action/profession skills & finally implements all the clade gifts so they can start balancing them. Then they need to rework and expand their sandbox mechanics, like the PvP stuff, but also city & PvE stuff to set the scene for proper TC wardecs etc... If they do a mega patch for that kind of stuff, then I'll be excited.

Anyway, QoL, bug fixes & some PvE content is all fine, I guess. But I still fail to see the wisdom in introducing more action skills to the game in its present state... Why put more on your plate when you can't even finish eating what you already have on it?

Last edited:
Reactions: tal0s

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Riding is smoother than before. At least this fix is working: Riding up and down the MK stairs now works without problems. Horses are no longer moving to the left or to the right.

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022
Looks like the server is going haywire (at least for me). Mobs don't drop loot bags after death, the dead mob is lifeless on the ground yet they are still invisibly attacking me, and healing myself is an illegal act... 🤡
Yeah, killing ennemy/AI with spell cause the same behavior for me.
Also scribing seems to be a bit broken. After successfully writing a spell, the completion scribing sfx's are becoming mapped to my every moves like jumping and running.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackdstripper

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I've forgotten if being thrown off by the horse in MO2 if riding skill wasn't high enough would cause the player to fly several feet ahead of the mount, or simply dump them next to it. If it's the former, I could see how that might be an issue.

There could be other underlying issues with the collision while mounted that I'm not aware of, but as it is I'm just guessing that SV may have had good reasons to make the change.

you just drop.