Mega Patch Notes 1.0.4.18 Discussion (2/2)

What do you think of this mega patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3404176020706248253

Back to... (1/2): https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/mega-patch-notes-1-0-4-18-discussion-1-2.8630/

Fixes
  • Improved stability in procedural animation for first person arms in combat at low frame rates. A sudden drop in framerate could cause the arms of the character to get exaggerated movement.
  • Possible crash fix for jungle crash. Engine crash reports have been unclear for what the cause is.
  • Fixed rare crash during loading screen related to player combat mode.
  • Fixed rare crash that happened when logging out or exiting the game.
  • Fixed some potion descriptions.
  • Fixed some minor bugs related to item/spell slot click events not firing properly.
  • Fixed visual bug where trinket effects did not update correctly for the client when you lost all trinket charges on equipped trinkets.
  • You will no longer unequip trinkets when they lose their final charge.
  • Fixed trinkets defense & damage buffs % not working correctly.
  • Fixed bug where trinket ‘magic defense’ reduced healing received.
  • Fixed bug where pets did not correctly check if they are allied to the target they are attacking, causing the owner to be flagged as criminal.
  • When guards notice your walkers & ritual pets you will turn criminal.
  • Fixed bug where hitting your own criminal pet would reset your criminal flag.
  • Fixed several issues when determining which spells you are allowed to cast or not with criminal actions disabled.
  • Fixed bug causing [mind] hits on pets(head hits..) to get modified for bonus effect twice.
  • Fixed bug where you could fill buy orders from another broker location.
  • Fixed various UI bugs with broker/petbroker, such as items sometimes attempting to display as pets.
  • Fixed bug in broker where opening item broker and then pet broker caused the pet broker to not show any pets.
  • AI will now leash after a small delay if they previously had a target but does not anymore(target died or something).
  • AI spellcasters now have a new combat stance instead of using an existing combat set for another weapon group.
  • Fixed several instances where AI did not use it's magic defense correctly.
  • Fixed AI spawn animation bug where you would see the idle pose for a brief moment before playing the animation. It was due to animation optimizations in the engine.
  • Fixed AI sometimes not loading after logging in.
  • Fixed issue where tamed AI would not correctly connect back to the owner if the owner alt F4’ed.
  • Fixed issue with AI being targetable while spawning even though they were hidden.
  • Fixed bug where an AI that accidentally spawned inside an object would appear in a different location.
  • Fixed issue with auto-stacking items in a house.
  • Toxai Task vendor now gives the correct reputation.
  • Portables no longer give resting bonus when you rest by them. (except Campfires)
  • Improved loading of house decorations.
  • Fixed issue with paying house upkeep not working as intended.
  • Improved vendor sessions to make them more secure.
  • Fixed issue with bosses that could not attack AFK players.
  • Fixed magic always fizzling when casting a new spell even when not charging.
  • Pressing the spacebar while swimming will now interrupt spell charging.
  • Fixed bug where your spells would sometimes fizzle when receiving a minor character weight update, due to spending stamina reserves, this was especially noticeable after receiving the ‘exhausted’ debuff.
  • Fixed bug where your spells would sometimes fizzle when receiving minimal damage from potions or food.
  • Fixed issue where houses would spawn at different heights.
  • Fixed a rare crash caused by exiting the game.
  • Tracking of troll kills should now work as intended.
  • Fixed some issues with mobs spawning in the Fabernum Tower.
  • Fixed issue with taming not canceling if you targeted something else.
  • The Vanquisher title should now work as intended.
  • Fixed description on various potions.
  • Fixed being unable to interact properly with houses that were not fully built.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the lootbag spawn animation to be wonky.
  • Fixed an issue with picking up house decorations with a full inventory.
  • Fixed being able to see through walls while using emotes in certain situations.
  • Fixed bug where if you feinted your melee swing when it was charged about 90% and started another swing it instantly swung again with full power.
  • Fixed bug with Mail causing the "return" button to not work.
  • Fixed bug where you did not drop spirit boxes when using the home priest button(this only happened when using the nearest priest button).
  • Fixed issues where poison damage did not always get mitigated by race & clade gift poison resistance passives.
  • Fixed decorations sometimes not loading after logging in.
  • Fixed players sometimes incorrectly displaying a ‘fully drawn bow’ animation while on horseback.
  • Fixed poison damage not always getting mitigated by race & clade gift poison resistance passives.
  • Fixed issue where sound would get muted when logging out to the main menu.
  • Fixed issue where areas defined for fishing, swimming, environmental damage and the like caused some of the systems not to register the player. Causing bugs like the player not swimming in water or not taking damage when intended.
  • Fixed issue with the dissolve effect not working for some characters (effect used when the body disappears after dying).
  • Fixed issue with some hidden objects in the ether world still being targetable.
  • Fixed bug where characters would sometimes get the archer animations instead of the unarmed ones.
  • Fixed bug where NPCs would look at another character even when there was no line of sight (looking at players through walls, etc).
  • Fixed bug where the clade gift fanfare would not play for the first clade gift level.
  • Fixed crash during shutdown of game related to cleanup of game systems.
  • Fixed bug where the trade UI would close due to movement, no matter if you were still within trading range.
  • Fixed hole in GK Spider cave boss room floor.
  • Fixed issue where screen would flicker black in some areas in the Colored Forest.
  • Fixed issue where you could not find rings when fishing.
  • Fixed various environment art issues found throughout Myrland.

Last edited:

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
"You can now equip a shield with lances." But you dont fix the broken damage or anything about lances? Blunt damage doesnt work right and you can do more damage with a spear than a fucking lance mounted.

"Added the ability to craft legendary shields.
Added the ability to craft legendary armor pieces."
We already know from weapons that this is stupid.

Then the other 95 percent of this patch is purely for mages :)

and now mounts drown. Awesome fucking changes dude!

What fucking point is having a shield with a lance at this point in the game? So you devs clearly dont play, the mounts are so fucking weak that even with steel armor. Its gonna die before you, literally have no reason to equip a shield with a lance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
"You can now equip a shield with lances." But you dont fix the broken damage or anything about lances? Blunt damage doesnt work right and you can do more damage with a spear than a fucking lance mounted.

"Added the ability to craft legendary shields.
Added the ability to craft legendary armor pieces."
We already know from weapons that his is stupid.

Then the other 95 percent of this patch is purely for mages :)

and now mounts drown. Awesome fucking changes dude!

What fucking point is having a shield with a lance at this point in the game?

Pretty much.

That is why it is a pretty big meh for me.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Aside from mages, there is really nothing to write about and I feel mages aren't even 40 percent of the playerbase.

No about 10-20% of the playerbase is a dedicated mage. About 40% are hybrids of some type. And the rest are melee.

But about 60% of the playerbase is Alvarin.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm not happy about horses and doorways. Did we need this for some reason? Can it wait until pets are able to reliably follow into and out of houses?
Possibly to fix bugs where players may have been using the lack of collision when mounted to get to places where they would otherwise not be able to go, or see past solid walls while clipping through them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm not happy about horses and doorways. Did we need this for some reason? Can it wait until pets are able to reliably follow into and out of houses?
Does that now really mean that I can't ride my horse into a house anymore?
How the fuck am I supposed to butcher something? Run it in stack by stack while my horse stays in front of the house waiting for the next passing MA to arrow it down?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Possibly to fix bugs where players may have been using the lack of collision when mounted to get to places where they would otherwise not be able to go, or see past solid geometry.
The hitbox of a horse wasn't smaller than the player hitbox, was it? So the play could have just dismounted and reached the same spot?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Does that now really mean that I can't ride my horse into a house anymore?
How the fuck am I supposed to butcher something? Run it in stack by stack while my horse stays in front of the house waiting for the next passing MA to arrow it down?
Not trivialising your concern here, but I'm guessing the horse by itself could fit through the door, if I'm not mistaken?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The hitbox of a horse wasn't smaller than the player hitbox, was it? So the play could have just dismounted and reached the same spot?
I've forgotten if being thrown off by the horse in MO2 if riding skill wasn't high enough would cause the player to fly several feet ahead of the mount, or simply dump them next to it. If it's the former, I could see how that might be an issue.

There could be other underlying issues with the collision while mounted that I'm not aware of, but as it is I'm just guessing that SV may have had good reasons to make the change.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
  • Added interactive lore books & notes to the world.
I am a bit disappointed that nothing of the above was added to the Tindrem library.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Looks like the server is going haywire (at least for me). Mobs don't drop loot bags after death, the dead mob is lifeless on the ground yet they are still invisibly attacking me, and healing myself is an illegal act... 🤡