Mega Patch Notes 1.0.4.18 Discussion (1/2)

What do you think of this mega patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3404176020706248253

Added
  • You can now equip a shield with lances.
  • Added a new chat command /report to open the bug report window directly. The game menu button is still the same.
  • Added the ability to craft legendary shields.
  • Added the ability to craft legendary armor pieces.
  • Added interactive lore books & notes to the world.
  • Added trinket vendors to Haven.
  • You can now get trinkets in Haven as a rare drop.
  • Expanded the AI:
  • AI can now spawn with buffs.
  • AI can now have more interesting hit zones instead of just distance from the AI.
  • Added support for static AI.
  • Added proper support for AI weak spots that turn on and off.
  • AI can now have attacks it only uses if you are far away.
  • Added support for aggro based on distance.
  • AI can now be set to ignore going into mercy mode.
  • AI can now spawn loot in other positions than its own position.
  • Added a new massive boss.
  • Added a new dungeon.
  • Added a new accompanying boss to the new dungeon.
  • Added new enemies that may be encountered in the new dungeon.
  • Added new Necromancy magic school:
  • Several new necromancy spells.
  • Rituals can be performed in order to raise minions.
  • Added undead versions of most creatures in the game.

Engine changes
  • Unreal Engine upgraded to 4.27. The game now uses Oodle compression to reduce game size and thus improve load times from disk. This means that the full game is now only 60% of its previous size.
  • Upgraded DLSS version to v2.3.5.
  • Enabled optimization setting in the engine to speed up loading of some assets.

Changes
  • Activated clade gift experience sharing with healers again.
  • Renamed some trinket effects:
  • Skill Trinket Luck is now called Trinket Effect Luck.
  • Trinket Luck is now called Gem Effect Luck.
  • Rare Trinket Luck is now called Rare Trinket Gem Luck.
  • Legacy trinkets will now check for a version update when recharged. This means that the trinket will increase its base and gem tier to be in line with the current trinket balance.
  • You can now cancel a spell while charging by using the keybind 'Walk/Feint/Interrupt Spell'.
  • The /loot chat command now checks a bigger area beneath you for loot bags.
  • Untamed or unowned AI will no longer reset the criminal debuff of a player
  • Added the option to make AI pet immune meaning pets will not attack the ai.
  • The following bosses are now pet immune:
  • Clothos Maiden Queen
  • Minotaur King
  • Nitre Queen
  • Sator Vessel
  • Removed some priests close to dungeons.
  • If many spiritists attack one spirit only one will receive the rewards.
  • Bosses will now reset in a better way when they no longer have a target
  • Bosses will now reset even if there are dead players close to it.
  • Added better leashing and stuck checks for AI.
  • You no longer progress towards “the watchman” achievement when killing scoundrels.
  • Changed some dynamic spawners in the world that spawned too many creatures.
  • Getting hit by regular AI will no longer reset your criminal status. It will only be affected when getting hit by guards, players and their pets.
  • You can now intentionally fizzle spells using the Walk/Feint/Interrupt spell keybind.
  • Mana, cast time, range, and damage tweaks on thunderlash and flamestrike.

Quality of life
  • You can now left click on a spell in the spellbook UI to lock the spell & its spell page, making it easier to see stats and what reagents are necessary to cast it.
  • Added tooltips for spells in the actionbar.
  • Added pet equipment category to the broker
  • You can now put trinkets in bags.
  • You can now close the 'delete items' UI by pressing esc.

Changes to UI
  • Improved the bug report window with categories and some other changes. This will help us categorize incoming reports in the backend.
  • Updated the Map UI.
  • Potion units are now shown in the tooltip of potions.
  • Update descriptions on the engraver tool.
  • Updated all spell descriptions.
  • The house password field now resets when you interact with a building.

Changes to magic reflect
  • Fixed bug where casting an ecumenical reflect spell on self would not renew an existing buff and instead cancel it.
  • Fixed bug where you would not be flagged as a criminal when casting a spell that reflected back.
  • You can no longer use ecumenical reflection to avoid being killed in mercy mode.
  • The ecumenical reflection spell can now be used to protect against AI spells.
  • The ecumenical reflection spell can now be cast on AI (including pets) and will reflect spells.
  • Some bosses will be too powerful for reflection to work against them.
  • You will now see and hear an effect when a spell is successfully reflected off a target (shield will visually dispel).
  • Some spells will now be unaffected by the ecumenical reflect shield, such as healing spells. The shield will remain untouched if that happens.
  • Fixed animation bug where casting a spell on a target that reflected your spell back to you would make you play a self-cast animation.
  • Fixed bug where a reflected spell would sometimes spawn particles in both locations.

Changes to swimming
  • Fixed a bug where you would stop swimming and be able to run on the sea or lake floor.
  • Fixed bug where dismounting a horse in water, or the horse died while mounted, would cause you to drop instantly to the bottom and take damage. Sometimes being able to run around.
  • Fixed a bug where dismounting and mounting a horse again while swimming would cause it to almost not be able to move.

Changes to movement
  • Fixed bug where an AI that failed to find ground would get a bad position update and run briefly to a different position than intended.
  • Improved AI acceleration and deceleration so that movement is less sudden, especially in combat.
  • Fixed bug where the body in first person view would sometimes flip/reset its animation direction when starting and stopping.
  • Fixed issue with undeads getting sporadic hitches and stuttering due to bad angular velocity calculations in animation updates.

Changes to mounts and auto-steering
  • Mount collision now covers the player. This means that you can no longer ride through areas where the player won’t fit on top of the horse. This will fix some issues but instead cause a specific issue with bringing mounts into low door frames in player housing until we solve in-house navigation for pets.
  • You can no longer mount a horse if there is not enough space above it.
  • Mounts will no longer auto-steer while swimming.
  • Fixed a few issues and improved the turning animation while swimming on a mount.
  • Mounts no longer slow down and try to avoid steep slopes and stairs that are still traversable.
  • Mount auto-steering is now adjusted based on speed, being stronger at higher speeds.
  • Player input now takes full control over the mount. Letting go of input leaves control back to the mount.
  • Mount auto-steering while avoiding obstacles is now limited to the same turn rate as when the player is in control. Mounts could previously turn faster on their own than when the player was turning.
  • Fixed bug where mount auto-steering would sometimes turn into an obstacle instead of away from it.
  • Mounts should no longer full-break (effectively get stuck) when too close to objects they are trying to steer away from.
  • Fixed issue where the neck of the mount would get strong left and right turns when moving into obstacles.
  • Both the mount and player will now take damage from drowning or environmental damage like lava (only the player took damage before).
  • Mounts now regenerate stamina faster.

Continued... (2/2): https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/mega-patch-notes-1-0-4-18-discussion-2-2.8631/

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
For me its pretty average. I would say above average because of all of the bug fixes but until it is tested completely I cant say. I mean they say they fixed crashing last patch... so...

Then there is the new necro school, I never cared much for it before still dont care about it. So that one is subjective and a miss for me.

The new boss, that lava monster, or kimaru... ok great its back from MO1.

Then we have the much needed nerfs to flux farming but well its a little late for that. People are already sitting on literal tons of it.

The changes to horse stam is good.

Changes of not being able to ride in to your house is well one way to fix the horse getting stuck in a house bug.

Changes to pets attacking bosses. That is straight LOLtastic.

The magic reflect FINALLY working on AI mobs. AND not canceling when you get healed is good.

But I cant say I am impressed yet by the changes. The biggest positive for me is the DLSS and UE updates.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I have to see it, but some stuff looks good. Read all the fix'd too. The horse thing was something I was thinking of while watching people ride into the bank etc, and it's like hmm that shouldn't be possible. More stam, yes. I feel like I was cheezin that feint bug without even knowing it lool.

IMO this patch is a lot better than the other patches because it doesn't immediately make me want to uninstall the game. LOL. B real.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Like always SV lEaRnEdFrOmMiStAkEs!
Yeah, they didn't learn shit lol. I would even say their decision making is worse now than it was with MO1.

At this point they should have just never even made MO2 and spent all this time polishing and making MO1 better, then wiped it. MO2 is just a worse version of MO1 with updated graphics. The nice QoL things we have could have been added in MO1.

After being around so long, I think I can finally say I won't play Henriks game again. Years ago we had this similar conversation and we were hoping and waiting for SV to fix this and that...and here we are....6-7 years later in the same/worse situation. They are just trying to pile in "content" while ignoring literal game breaking issues.

Classic Star Vault.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah, they didn't learn shit lol. I would even say their decision making is worse now than it was with MO1.

At this point they should have just never even made MO2 and spent all this time polishing and making MO1 better, then wiped it. MO2 is just a worse version of MO1 with updated graphics. The nice QoL things we have could have been added in MO1.

After being around so long, I think I can finally say I won't play Henriks game again. Years ago we had this similar conversation and we were hoping and waiting for SV to fix this and that...and here we are....6-7 years later in the same/worse situation. They are just trying to pile in "content" while ignoring literal game breaking issues.

Classic Star Vault.
Yea its so sad at this point.

I mean we thought MO1 economy was fucked, oh how MO2 proved us MO1 economy was stable as shit compared to the shit show that its become so far. Insane.
Yes I mean having followed MO1 and MO2 development closely, you are completely right. They did the exact same mistakes in near the exact same order but way worse one could say 6x worse :LOL:

Fockin hell been here twice now, seeing while warning them and reminding them every step and being powerless to stop the shitshow infront of me. Twice for gods sake, 13 years in total.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
idk some of the changes and bugfixes are uncheackable, its really meh. Ill check and see whats up with the current patch, so far been watching some streams about zergs camping the only necro dungeon in the game, thats a smart design SV allways hitting the nail :p

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix