Material Storage

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
With the large quantity of materials in MO, storing any significant quantity of them (by this i mean the large number of different materials, not necessarily the amount of any single material) is a real problem. Back in MO1, we could send a lot of these materials to the various crafter characters on our account who might use those particular materials. metals and woods might go to the weaponcrafter, animal materials to the armorcrafter, various plant materials to the alchemist, etc.

Add a second tab to the bank for materials. Since all materials are the same (every unit of blood ore is identical to every other unit of blood ore), you wont have to store the material properties like you do for crafted items, just the material index and quantity. Have the stored materials show up in a scrollable list similar to how the vendor behaves.

yes we'd be able to store more in the bank and perhaps there should be an absolute limit to how much total mass that can be stored in the material tab or some kind of tax if storing more than is allowed. this would be incredibly useful for those of us who might have a couple hundred units of a very large number of materials for testing purposes.

-barcode

Either that, or just make it an optional skill that Alchemists can take advantage of. Personally, even if I had to skill it up it would be worth it. Either way though a second tab for just materials would be great!!

Reactions: Vagrant

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
to be honest, the real solution is to add player housing and let players create their own item storage within destructible buildings. towns and the banks there should be a fallback in case your house should fall, and perhaps for more valuable items that you wouldnt want to risk losing. problem is we have no idea when to expect player housing to exist and/or what form it will take when it arrives.

-barcode

I think this is the key. There are tiny shack models I remember seeing on the beach in Haven and Sarducca Jungle/Coast which could be a very cheap and easy to build house with storage but the drawback would be that it's open to thieves or being destroyed. Something like this would promote players to want to band together and seek to build a house in an allied guilds base or some sort of player town. It would be nice to have an open player town by sausage lake where people from all over come to trade, sell, and buy goods from each other.