Many Aussies playing and what's it like with 300+ ping

Rats

Jan 12, 2022
3rd party software ?.
Why should we need something else to compensate for the poor servers ?.

• Sad
Reactions: Nefnate

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
3rd party software ?.

That's a great question and perhaps justification for additional regional servers in the future. Right now, the message from SV is it's going to stay a one world server. In the meantime, if you're keen on the game and want a better ping to the server, exitlag has been confirmed to help aussies lower their pings substantially to playable levels.

Reactions: Rats

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Aussies usually get 40 less ping with exit lag. Imagine if they had less ping on top of that if they had a better location on the NA east for the server.

Reactions: LordMega

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
3rd party software ?.

You must be braindead. It's not 'poor servers' it's "the server is located across the world from the terrible place I live." If it's compensating for anything, it's that you live very far from the server on a continent infamous for its poor infrastructure regarding modern internet service.

What Exitlag does for you, among other things it optimizes the route your traffic takes to the server to give you a lower ping. This is to compensate for stuff on YOUR end. Not because a small indie company with a 1-server world game has "poor servers."

If you don't like that, play another game. Doh.

Rats

Jan 12, 2022
You must be braindead. It's not 'poor servers' it's "the server is located across the world from the terrible place I live." If it's compensating for anything, it's that you live very far from the server on a continent infamous for its poor infrastructure regarding modern internet service.

What Exitlag does for you, among other things it optimizes the route your traffic takes to the server to give you a lower ping. This is to compensate for stuff on YOUR end. Not because a small indie company with a 1-server world game has "poor servers."

If you don't like that, play another game. Doh.

From a braindead aussie thanks for the kind words and help.

Reactions: LordMega

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
I wrote this elsewhere, but Albion Online moved from the UK > NA East and it really helped grow the game. It gives better access to South America, AU, and SEA.

The largest markets are gonna be Western Europe + NA realistically, having the servers located in EU causes some poor performances for NA West players as well as making the game borderline unplayable for South America / SEA / AU.

overall the ping would just be better for the majority of the player base it's super puzzling that the servers are hosted in Europe.

Reactions: Tzone

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
I am eu player but I played on cellular Network + wi fi and my pings to google DNS (closest to me) were at around 200-250. It is play able and parry able but you need to focus. Its hard in pve but still doable. However when I switched from wifi to cable I managed to get 150-200 and thats totally cool. I dont understand NA players as thats very cool and very play able.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I am eu player but I played on cellular Network + wi fi and my pings to google DNS (closest to me) were at around 200-250. It is play able and parry able but you need to focus. Its hard in pve but still doable. However when I switched from wifi to cable I managed to get 150-200 and thats totally cool. I dont understand NA players as thats very cool and very play able.
People can watch videos of both perspectives of a fight. NA vs EU perspective and just know that its not fine. If you are a casual player then it might not matter to you or be seeable but it is clearly noticeable at higher skill floors of the issues.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
can't you put tinfoil hats on the giants cockroaches you have everywhere, so it relays your wifi better?

Reactions: Rats