Make the crime penalty significant enough to think about it!

Belerud

Dec 23, 2022
Free and open crime should carry a far more severe penalty. Newbies might be surprised by the quick loss of their few Standing points, but once you know a little better, a 10-min Standings quest should not annul an open crime...

I routinely lose hours of farming and tens of gold to senseless kills...

Make the penalty match the act!

I suggest a 10-point Standings loss on open crimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elijah

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Free and open crime should carry a far more severe penalty. Newbies might be surprised by the quick loss of their few Standing points, but once you know a little better, a 10-min Standings quest should not annul an open crime...

I routinely lose hours of farming and tens of gold to senseless kills...

Make the penalty match the act!

I suggest a 10-point Standings loss on open crimes.
demand more, don't be shy

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
My biggest issue is the how pointless PVP currently is right now. I mean I got killed earlier today while in Celaeno Cave solely because the guy wanted to PVP me nothing more, how do I know this because when I came back to the cave my loot was still there completely untouched. Now in most cases yah sure the people that kill you loot your stuff (but in most cases the people also loot it than just delete 90% of it too tbh let be real here most of it the guys doesn't even need or want I do the same).

This game really needs more reasons to actually encourage PVP SV needs to add actual rare resources/items to fight over sure there a few but not enough (and the few items that do exist are only skill books that are 1 time uses that have already lost the masses interests like scribing) most people that currently PVP just PVP for the sake of PVP not because they want what you have (cause let be real what you have is ez to farm/make 99% of the time).

More rare resources would hopefully draw people looking for fights over said resources to them and would hopefully allow people who just want to farm more common resources in peace to go about their day in peace. Also even when they add TC that still won't really add enough incentive to encourage PVP for resources, it will add incentive for large scale PVP sure but not small scale PVP no.

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I do not watch the streams, but thr r rumours of a change to how standing works, higher standing and lower standing are to give some sort of benefits/setbacks. This will maybe change rules of engagement for the pvp'ers who fight in the same region as they live. Sure the warriors who travel to other provinces to rob and murder, will do what they always do.

I do not think higher rep punishment will solve anything, the whole standing and MC system need to be adjusted, I say lets see what they have in mind and then brainstorm on how to make it better.

Lastly, there will always be murderers and no amount of punishment will change that.
edit: higher punishment will, imo, hit the vigilantes who fight back much harder than it will the villains.