Make PVP more fun and fluid

When are the guys over at SV going to ad mechanichs suck as quick step or whatever that was in the first game? Currently pvp is all about spinning and blocking, especially in duels. This makes thur kalls really dominant due to their high dmg bonus. But adding something like the ability to dodge would make it more fun to fight as a dex figther and would make up for the big dmg difference?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's defense. Smart people won't overextend their defense, meaning even if they are playing offensive, they might let you attack if they can get a parry out of it. You CAN dodge, even without a side step (and blaah someone mentioned a roll it's like nooo. Rolls annoy me so much in games, it becomes just rolley rolley zzz,) but you have to get them engaged in actually trying to attack you, then the bigger problem is that once you DO dodge, they will probably still block you loool. I'm pretty sure if they had a quick step unless it was tied to a fully charged attack (which wouldn't be so fair, ey?,) it would get blocked as well when you tried to punish.

But it's also true you can just not engage. heh. If you are a dex fighter, 'just walk away bruh.' Start a duel and start walking away. haha. That's just the state of the game right now. Any time they play defense, just start walking away.

It's defense. Smart people won't overextend their defense, meaning even if they are playing offensive, they might let you attack if they can get a parry out of it. You CAN dodge, even without a side step (and blaah someone mentioned a roll it's like nooo. Rolls annoy me so much in games, it becomes just rolley rolley zzz,) but you have to get them engaged in actually trying to attack you, then the bigger problem is that once you DO dodge, they will probably still block you loool. I'm pretty sure if they had a quick step unless it was tied to a fully charged attack (which wouldn't be so fair, ey?,) it would get blocked as well when you tried to punish.

But it's also true you can just not engage. heh. If you are a dex fighter, 'just walk away bruh.' Start a duel and start walking away. haha. That's just the state of the game right now. Any time they play defense, just start walking away.
I dont want the basics of fighting to be changed to much, just with the current form of the game, a high dmg bonus fighter has a large advantege in a duel aswell as in team fights. The only reason that dex is good is you can runaway better lol. But it would make it more fun if sv added more mechanichs into fighting.