Make PvP consensual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
That's a very inefficient way of treating feedback.
Did you read my post ? If there is the capacity for building towns and cities in this game and like every open world pvp game with such, Atlas - EVE nullsec etc, there IS always the opportunity to sort of PVE if you join a guild, a guild that has the intention and resources to own and build its own towns that is. I play solo .. always... I dont think ill be changing a habit of a lifetime and like the other poster said, to me also at least, PVE without challenge is a waste of time, take PVE non pvp Atlas, what a joke that was. furthermore didn't I read that it is very difficult to kill someone who is running away ? PVE and all your looking for has been accounted for to a certain extent, you just have to dress accordingly and prepare. For eg there are chars that can see in the dark.
To some extent however I do agree that maybe one or two cities could be non pvp with guard protection. I do not at this time personally know how SV is going to develop the flagged feature, but in having it already in towns and cities, it might be reasonable to presume that PVP in the game is not quite as simple as kill on sight anywhere and everywhere.
Wow has consensual pvp in the form of duels. Can I have your stuff lol ?

Last edited:

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Did you read my post ? If there is the capacity for building towns and cities in this game and like every open world pvp game with such, Atlas - EVE nullsec etc, there IS always the opportunity to sort of PVE if you join a guild, a guild that has the intention and resources to own and build its own towns that is. I play solo .. always... I dont think ill be changing a habit of a lifetime and like the other poster said, to me also at least, PVE without challenge is a waste of time, take PVE non pvp Atlas, what a joke that was. furthermore didn't I read that it is very difficult to kill someone who is running away ? PVE and all your looking for has been accounted for to a certain extent, you just have to dress accordingly and prepare. For eg there are chars that can see in the dark.
To some extent however I do agree that maybe one or two cities could be non pvp with guard protection. I do not at this time personally know how SV is going to develop the flagged feature, but in having it already in towns and cities, it might be reasonable to presume that PVP in the game is not quite as simple as kill on sight anywhere and everywhere.
Wow has consensual pvp in the form of duels. Can I have your stuff lol ?

I rather just tick a checkbox, mate.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The feedback of 90%+ of the people here is that they will quit if this game becomes toggle only PvP. That's because many of us are specifically here for such a system.

If I see you with a good laden donkey, decide I want those goods, and then cannot take them because some artificial mechanic says no. My enjoyment of the game will be decreased.

If I am a trader, and I want the risk of moving good for profit, but the markets are crashed by people running goods for zero risk. My enjoyment of the game will decrease.

If I was back in my old role of ARPK, and I want to protect people, but protecting people is a waste of time because everyone who needs protection toggles off PvP, my enjoyment of the game is decreased.

There are unique social dynamics set up in this game by the fact everyone can be killed and lose their stuff at any time. Such mechanics drive content for bad guys, good guys, and self-interested traders. If those mechanics disappear... most of the current community will leave. Do you think this game has quality enough PvE to compete with all the WoW clones their new audience would need to be taken from when they do?

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
For the sake of reaching a broader audience and keeping the game enjoyable for those of us who only have so little time to play in the evening who, as a result, will never be as skilled as the unemployed people, I think it would be a great idea to make PvP consensual.

This could be achieved by having a PvP option for every player that, when enabled, let's them damage other players who have it enabled only.

Not only will this prevent ganking, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people who only really play the game for the sake of PvE, such as myself. Making it an option will ensure the people who are really into PvP will still have all the PvP they want while those who just want to have some PvE fun without being interrupted by PvP groups will get to do what they enjoy best.
No.

Reactions: Speznat

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
The feedback of 90%+ of the people here is that they will quit if this game becomes toggle only PvP. That's because many of us are specifically here for such a system.

If I see you with a good laden donkey, decide I want those goods, and then cannot take them because some artificial mechanic says no. My enjoyment of the game will be decreased.

If I am a trader, and I want the risk of moving good for profit, but the markets are crashed by people running goods for zero risk. My enjoyment of the game will decrease.

If I was back in my old role of ARPK, and I want to protect people, but protecting people is a waste of time because everyone who needs protection toggles off PvP, my enjoyment of the game is decreased.

There are unique social dynamics set up in this game by the fact everyone can be killed and lose their stuff at any time. Such mechanics drive content for bad guys, good guys, and self-interested traders. If those mechanics disappear... most of the current community will leave. Do you think this game has quality enough PvE to compete with all the WoW clones their new audience would need to be taken from when they do?
💯
Thanks for shrinking down these various cases, maybe literal cases can be more understandable to people without imagination or sandbox experience.

Reactions: Speznat

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I know. I think most of us already agree that PvP should be consensual.
"Excuse me Mister, do you mind if I start hitting you, or would that be too much of a bother ?"

"Please just let us smash your keep down, pretty please ?"

Imagine this version of MO, they almost reached that point in MO tbh...

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I know. I think most of us already agree that PvP should be consensual.
For the record, I'm not a huge PvP'er.....I'm sure many here can attest to that. Andy yet, moving away from the danger of being randomly attacked to "consensual " PvP in MO2 would make it a different game altogether. So the simple answer is No to your OP Statement. Also, SV will never do it as their branding has always been as a "full-loot PvP MMO".

Reactions: Castiel

PANDAHSYKES

Jun 3, 2020
For the sake of reaching a broader audience and keeping the game enjoyable for those of us who only have so little time to play in the evening who, as a result, will never be as skilled as the unemployed people, I think it would be a great idea to make PvP consensual.

Reported

but seriously full loot is unique, keep it 100%

Millar

Mar 25, 2021
"Never going to happen. A core premise of this game is you can kill anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Ganking is an intended part of the game. "

Wow,I just installed the game....then I came here and read this :D

So glad I found out before I was many hours in

I wish all PVP players a fun time,but not for me :D

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
"Never going to happen. A core premise of this game is you can kill anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Ganking is an intended part of the game. "

Buh bye?

Reactions: Castiel

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com

Well, if were honest there are guards in the large towns. There is also incentive to NOT randomly kill people but yeah, you can be killed at anytime for no reason.

LilLordFontleroy

Nov 28, 2020

This could be achieved by having a PvP option for every player that, when enabled, let's them damage other players who have it enabled only.

Not only will this prevent ganking, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people who only really play the game for the sake of PvE, such as myself. Making it an option will ensure the people who are really into PvP will still have all the PvP they want while those who just want to have some PvE fun without being interrupted by PvP groups will get to do what they enjoy best.

Aahahahaha that's the funniest shit I've heard all week.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Consensual pvp would kill this game. The core audience of the game are players that want a hardcore experience. That is the game selling point. If you want consensual pvp, this game is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.