Make magic damage hit multiplier for PvE higher and always consistent

Vergil

May 1, 2021
Since Dominate is not implemented, and Bandits, Risars, etc will not receive x2 damage multiplier - there's no way to clear this kind of PvE content as a solo mage.

Melee / foot warriors can just facetank and block. Archers can kite and shoot just fine.
Mages? Well we can kill one stuck Risar in the fence for the 200 mana, then sit to regen.
Wait for the next one, sit, repeat. Gameplay wise - it sucks on so many levels.

Mana efficiency is absurdly low. This has to change in the future, but my current suggestion is rather trivial temporary fix:
Apply same x2 multiplier to all monsters - including bandits, risars, future released humanoids etc.

While I can wait for the Dominate, rely on a group and be a healbot, I'd rather love to have an option to deal with this kind of content solo / without pets.

There's also different suggestions, like PvE only spells and stances. However, multiplier should be easy to implement and should not take too much time testing.

Alternatively - bump up multiplier to x3 and add magic resistances based on the damage type.
E.g. like Fire, Water, Lightning etc to make PvE content more interesting and fun for the mages.

Last edited: