Make a Protection/Healing Magic School

Healing Magic Tree

• I Like It

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I Like the Tree (But Screw All that Paladin Stuff)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Like Paladin Stuff (But Screw the Tree)

• I Dislike It

• Other Suggestion

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Healing spells are common and something that heals can be found in most schools. However, I think there needs to be a school that focuses entirely on healing/protection abilities for people who really love the healer role. Things I would include in such a school are:

1. Direct Heals.
2. HoT effects.
3. Damage Barriers / Shields.
4. Negative conditions purges.

These effects would be slightly stronger than ones found in other schools (as I know many of those exist already). It would be a school for people who are entirely concerned with playing support and less concerned with their offensive abilities.

One of the primary features of this school though would be while it can be cast with empty hands or any other mage equipment that gets implemented. Some of it would be castable with a shield out as well. When I say "With a shield out" I mean shield + any weapon that works with a shield. This wouldn't necessarily be all of its abilities and it wouldn't necessarily be to full effect on all of them either. Some of them might even be restricted to self-target only when shield cast. But it would lead to a more "paladin" build than things like ecumenical which feature thunderlash and corrupt.

Toward this aim, I'd include in it a spell much like shield other which can redirect a portion of the target's received damage to the caster. Also, a primary skill underneath this school that increases the threshold of armor weight before you start to take mana penalties in heavy armor. Not a big enough bonus that all mages would consider both skills a must-have but enough to make it so a tanky boi with both skills has decent access to their magical abilities, and that some slightly more tanky mage builds might consider the splash.