Magic, Pet's & Bugs

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm a little bit disappointed by last patch.
The AI seems still not be in a proper state for persistent.
I've casted spells and for some reason no mana was consumed.
And I'm unable to see anything from the promised better PVE capabilities for mages.

• Haha
Reactions: StreamerLord

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Agree there Is still lots of work to do. Not sure official release remain in March (end of?).

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I was thinking about running a beast master. So I really hope they fix pets getting stuck. Or it will be really frustating.

And that bug when my spells consumed no mana... Happened only once. But I hope this gets sorted out. I see great potential in it getting abused. Imaging a heavy armor paladin with unlinited mana.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
Will see how long it takes them to give up on pathing and just have the NPCs pass through things like the old game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I ran a horse from near Kranesh all the way to GK. It did get hung up several times including on glitched terrain that shouldn't have hung it up. But every time it happened I just ran in a circle around it until it started following me again. I'd say 3-5 times were glitches and not just me going down cliffs too steep for the horse.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I ran a horse from near Kranesh all the way to GK. It did get hung up several times including on glitched terrain that shouldn't have hung it up. But every time it happened I just ran in a circle around it until it started following me again. I'd say 3-5 times were glitches and not just me going down cliffs too steep for the horse.

I think especially with a mage in a fight you quite frequently climb up on rocks, cast from there, and jump down again.
And telling my enemy to wait, I need to circle around the rock to get my pet unstuck is maybe not the best idea...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Hopefully terrain steepness is a bit pet dependent. Like say a cougar should be able to handle steeper slopes than a horse, and any winged pet should completely ignore it. In terms of the getting stuck though, they need to do what they should be doing with enemy NPCs and their crap pathing. If the NPC is stuck for more than like a fifth of a second teleport it slightly forward.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Pets not jumping after you from a cliff seems fine to me. Unless they can add proper fall damage to pets as well.

There are obvious glitches but expecting the pet to have the full range of motion a player character has seems naive. Pets teleporting around and zooming to get over walls and down cliffs was silly and game breaking in MO1.

Ideally you could have pets that are better at transversing terrain, but with the current state of things that does not seem likely.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Pets not jumping after you from a cliff seems fine to me. Unless they can add proper fall damage to pets as well.

There are obvious glitches but expecting the pet to have the full range of motion a player character has seems naive. Pets teleporting around and zooming to get over walls and down cliffs was silly and game breaking in MO1.

Ideally you could have pets that are better at transversing terrain, but with the current state of things that does not seem likely.
There are some areas that are even designed in a way that you can reach them only by jumping. E. g. some platoes in the jungle.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
So I think pets should be able to jump down stuff. Maybe not super high cliffs. But smaller things.

Or those small "canyons" that are basically all around the world at mountains. I can jump across them as a player. But my horse just stays there and watches me disappear.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
So I think pets should be able to jump down stuff. Maybe not super high cliffs. But smaller things.

Or those small "canyons" that are basically all around the world at mountains. I can jump across them as a player. But my horse just stays there and watches me disappear.

Yeah, I´m wondering about those crevasses in general. They generally look bad up close and sometime it feels there should be running water in them. Pets should definite be able to handle those. The question is if the pets or the terrain needs to change.