Magic Animation

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I m a bit astonish to not see any animation when a spell is flying to the target. is it just the first stage of magic implementation ? So will get some animation in the future ?

The biggest problem if we dont have animation its we cant know in which direction the spell came from and what is the range of the spell.

See ya

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
As I understand the hitscan spells are implemented as they are because the mo1 implementation didnt really make sense as a hitscan spell. The fact a fireball was thrown made it seem non-hitscan even though it was hitscan. Ecumenical is all hitscan so I assume that's the reason for the current implementation. It is hard to say whether this will change in the future though other schools of magic will most certainly have more of a clear difference. I would prefer if, when casting lightning or tlash, it would have a lightning esque particle going from the caster to target.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i agree, some kind of feedback showing others who cast the spell and if it hit or not would be nice. It could be just a couple frames long showing the thunderbolt line between the caster and the person who was hit, or flying off in whatever direction they cast. no travel time, no projectile, just a 'bolt' connecting the two characters or the caster to whatever point in space they were pointed at.

-barcode

Reactions: Anachroniser