Mage Nerfs

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
So i got off of my horse and was helping a Guildie stat up when i noticed something strange. When i was trying to heal myself so i didnt get near Mercy. I couldn't get any spells off, i had just dismounted and believe that the 30% Concentration carried over even after i dismounted and in 10 or so attempts i got 3 heals off, so it about adds up, so I think that needs to be looked at since this is the Version 1 of this iteration, now onto what needs to be said about the recent changes.

What were they thinking? who is in charge of Balance? First i heard that Mage would not be able to get MM skill, now it's here you're arguably worst on Mount than you were on foot? Bad Design Bad Implementation.
For starters the Mage has to pick between Attack or Defense (Heals) when going up against any other mounted class and has the longest Wind up arguably, and the least mobility, so what are we going to do? make it useless by keeping the cast times long and lowering concentration while mounted so now you cant get anything off if you're engaged in a fight.... what is the dev team afraid of? Mages have a limited resource - Mana where as the durability on a lance and the 1000s of arrows you can store on yourself or your horse makes all the other mounted classes more viable. yet they make the Mounted mage essentially somehow more useless than a wheelchair 🤣 who's going to fork up 100 points for that? i did to test it and it's embarrassing this was the vision and implementation.

If you want to make it equal to the other range class, give the full damage, and NORMAL FOOT CAST TIMES for the 100 primaries, and remove the Concentration nerf....... what were you thinking? 30%? do you know the math on how many spells you would get off while getting pelted by and MA or hit just once by and MC for over 100 damage? you literally might as well use the 100 points for something like armor training just to last long enough to heal someone else because you'd be useless as soon as you have any agro, it's not like you can use the mounted classes anymore in dungeons, and they are not less effective and have the agro of the roaming bosses, please stop listening to braindead feedback

any other mages have this? or spec into it and kept it? not interested in wannabe Tester feedback that didn't try the system

• Love
Reactions: SirVirtuo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1639849560877.png
The best mounted mage in mortal on how the recent changes was actually a mounted mage buff.
MAs also have a lot of stam drain on bows now to the point they couldnt kill a mounted mage in one stam bar with the old concentration.

Its not really worth talking to you because you make up random things and constantly lie.

Reactions: WolfAchilles

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Although I know Freehorses knows more than I do, I don't agree that it is a buff. It isn't necessarily a one sided debuff, is all.

I'm upset by the update. Every update for some reason attacks mages. Mages aren't as OP as some folks here like to scream and shout.

I'm tired of arguing this. Clearly the foot fighters have the Devs' ears. Every time there is an argument like this, the forum community is divided in opinion, but still every time the anti-mages win with the updates.

(when I'm talking about mages I refer to fat mages/wheelchair mages. Dex mages just keep on becoming the only viable mage. Just remove intelligence buff from being fat already, that's clearly what they don't like.)

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Although I know Freehorses knows more than I do, I don't agree that it is a buff. It isn't necessarily a one sided debuff, is all.

I'm upset by the update. Every update for some reason attacks mages. Mages aren't as OP as some folks here like to scream and shout.

I'm tired of arguing this. Clearly the foot fighters have the Devs' ears. Every time there is an argument like this, the forum community is divided in opinion, but still every time the anti-mages win with the updates.

(when I'm talking about mages I refer to fat mages/wheelchair mages. Dex mages just keep on becoming the only viable mage. Just remove intelligence buff from being fat already, that's clearly what they don't like.)

this is clearly a better take and well thought out, and on topic thank you!

Nowhere in my original post did i say anything about the Couch builds, and the dex nerf on the horses is so minimal it's negligible, Fatmages are not the only mages out there, and the changes that i talked about had nothing mentioning dex or anything like that but i cant explain that to the dull. and If you're getting stammed on Horseback and cant hit a mage and his horse you're just a bad player with terrible aim and/or a bad bow Litterally saw Schmerrick in his last thread go 13 minutes on Horseback constantly shooting and not getting stammed Mana is a much more restricted Resource that doesnt regen that fast, i say stop putting all the limitations on a class that's already limited. it's not fun and it makes it a chore and makes people not want to play

Devs get in and look at all the Noobs saying Mages are in a bad place and you'll see what i have been saying for months is right, all the Noobs agree that its badly implemented and not Viable and they are not using it, look at the data and make an informed decision. not from FF tears

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
View attachment 2942
The best mounted mage in mortal on how the recent changes was actually a mounted mage buff.
MAs also have a lot of stam drain on bows now to the point they couldnt kill a mounted mage in one stam bar with the old concentration.

Its not really worth talking to you because you make up random things and constantly lie.

Where does the MA Stam here in 13 minutes of fighting? dont call me a liar 🤣

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021

What the fuck are you even saying?

Mages aren't OP? LOL

Game literally didn't even have melee water combat and mages could chase you endlessly into water without any repercussions. Mounteds can't even get reliably dismounted unless you just kill the mount, or use a very - and I mean very specific weapon.

They do a fuck ton of damage.

They nerfed hybrid builds heavily.

They had a ton of mobility.

?????

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Clearly the foot fighters have the Devs' ears.

EEeeeh really? You think additional 100 sp is painful? Try having to take controlled riding and mounted archery (Add some veterenary because you don't have magic) when your primary role is literally FOOT FIGHTER simply because the game is hell without an ability to fight on horse. I know, i'm playing without MA because i'm an idiot.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
EEeeeh really? You think additional 100 sp is painful? Try having to take controlled riding and mounted archery (Add some veterenary because you don't have magic) when your primary role is literally FOOT FIGHTER simply because the game is hell without an ability to fight on horse. I know, i'm playing without MA because i'm an idiot.
I see the new member tag so i wont hold it against you not knowing that mages have the HIGEST AP requirement of any class currently and cant defend themself if a single bandit tries to kill them for their loot... so they have to spec into another class completely or go Fatmage and sit on a horse which now costs more points, and if that dies then they have to spec into something to defend on foot in melee range because they stand still if they want to cast and do damage

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I see the new member tag so i wont hold it against you not knowing that mages have the HIGEST AP requirement of any class currently and cant defend themself if a single bandit tries to kill them for their loot... so they have to spec into another class completely or go Fatmage and sit on a horse which now costs more points, and if that dies then they have to spec into something to defend on foot in melee range because they stand still if they want to cast and do damage
Well mages are not meant for 1vX. You want that, you go hybrid. Mages are extremely valuable in a group.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
So i got off of my horse and was helping a Guildie stat up when i noticed something strange. When i was trying to heal myself so i didnt get near Mercy. I couldn't get any spells off, i had just dismounted and believe that the 30% Concentration carried over even after i dismounted and in 10 or so attempts i got 3 heals off, so it about adds up, so I think that needs to be looked at since this is the Version 1 of this iteration, now onto what needs to be said about the recent changes.

What were they thinking? who is in charge of Balance? First i heard that Mage would not be able to get MM skill, now it's here you're arguably worst on Mount than you were on foot? Bad Design Bad Implementation.
For starters the Mage has to pick between Attack or Defense (Heals) when going up against any other mounted class and has the longest Wind up arguably, and the least mobility, so what are we going to do? make it useless by keeping the cast times long and lowering concentration while mounted so now you cant get anything off if you're engaged in a fight.... what is the dev team afraid of? Mages have a limited resource - Mana where as the durability on a lance and the 1000s of arrows you can store on yourself or your horse makes all the other mounted classes more viable. yet they make the Mounted mage essentially somehow more useless than a wheelchair 🤣 who's going to fork up 100 points for that? i did to test it and it's embarrassing this was the vision and implementation.

If you want to make it equal to the other range class, give the full damage, and NORMAL FOOT CAST TIMES for the 100 primaries, and remove the Concentration nerf....... what were you thinking? 30%? do you know the math on how many spells you would get off while getting pelted by and MA or hit just once by and MC for over 100 damage? you literally might as well use the 100 points for something like armor training just to last long enough to heal someone else because you'd be useless as soon as you have any agro, it's not like you can use the mounted classes anymore in dungeons, and they are not less effective and have the agro of the roaming bosses, please stop listening to braindead feedback

any other mages have this? or spec into it and kept it? not interested in wannabe Tester feedback that didn't try the system
Honestly what they should have done is give a Penalty for people who were running Tribrid Mounted Builds, rather then a direct nerf to mages in general. I haven't encountered the bug you speak of while dismounting, but if you were anywhere near Sausage lake when it happened that could have caused it. The entire Sausage lake area is Bug City. I have a dedicated Fat mage that stays on ground and uses shields and my pets as a bigger shield to charge spells... Just my preferred way of playing even before the mounted mage changes. I agree 100% though mounted mage was the weakest Mounted class, it only really saw real use from most players as part of the Tribrid Cooker cutter build everyone is running now. The concentration nerf makes no sense, it doesn't help the Foot Fighter vs Mounted Match up at all because the same situation applies where mounted runs out of range of footie arrows and heals to full and then comes back to finish off the bandaging footie lmao. As PVE MA has MM beat easy. as Pvp MA had MM beat as well only really had any argument if mages had a shield on their back. Honestly it's a joke.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

The Foot Fighters have the devs ears? You realize that the mounted vs Foot fighter combat balance still favors mounteds by a mile right? I'm a PvP guy all i do is Pvp. And without ranged dismounting weapons the same issue applies. Mounted runs away, i hit his horse with arrows that means nothing unless i kill his horse which won't happen unless the enemy is stupid. Because the moment he gets low he runs out of arrow range heals up with spells (Concentration nerf means nothing when opponent is too far to be hit) I heal with bandage which doesn't heal faster then heal spell spam. Mounted comes back and finishes me off when i am Half hp and he is full hp. There's no situation in which the Foot fighter wins. There is no situation in which the foot fighter Dismounts you unless you were a fool and you yourself got too close. Even a Hybrid is going to heal less and have less mana to spend even if he is trying to copy your Heals. The gameplay loop of run away and heal will favor the mounted and he will win just by out healing and being able to stay out of danger because foot fighter can't dismount you.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Well mages are not meant for 1vX. You want that, you go hybrid. Mages are extremely valuable in a group.
There's 15 planned schools of magic, you can't make a broad statement like this, you have no idea what they intend the other 13 schools of magic to be. I for one think the Animism Beast Magic Class will be a good 1v1 Class.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Idunno man, speak for yourself. I like being a healer, and I feel like I'm contributing to a group with it 😃
Well let the devs make you a Healer priest class, dont slap it on the mage class and call it done and full release the game, so many unfinished things, i'm all for supporting the devs as an indie company and know they have their hands full but the call to make an unfinished TC system 1 month before the release with an unfinished class is just disappointing to see

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
Well let the devs make you a Healer priest class, dont slap it on the mage class and call it done and full release the game, so many unfinished things, i'm all for supporting the devs as an indie company and know they have their hands full but the call to make an unfinished TC system 1 month before the release with an unfinished class is just disappointing to see

Well that we can agree on! Honestly, the game and the devs need more time...

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Exactly "Game Balance" is about every class being balanced. These people saying Mages should be healers only and that they shouldn't be allowed to 1v1... That isn't balance if i can't fight for myself.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Well that we can agree on! Honestly, the game and the devs need more time...
That's the problem we are running out of time, and the left over players are running out of patience. Game releases in January. And we lost 300 of our daily players from the horrible housing patch that ruined Pvp.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Mages aren't OP? LOL

Game literally didn't even have melee water combat and mages could chase you endlessly into water without any repercussions. Mounteds can't even get reliably dismounted unless you just kill the mount, or use a very - and I mean very specific weapon.

?????
I can't tell if you are trying to say Mages are Op or Mounted are Op. I think they should make a type of Weapon Poison for Anti Healing and slowless to make it so foot fighters can stop mounteds and tribrid healing.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021

Mages aren't OP? LOL

?????

Yes they aren't OP. If they were, we would see a lot more of them. There is probably only 1 for every 5 other fighters in a given party/Roam. I can't 1 v X, and I need some luck rng on concentration checks to win a 1v1. I use to have a horse to avoid confrontation with MM/MA, but that's gone now.

Hybrids got nerfed aswell. That's what you get for spreading so thin. You get a nerf when one of your 3 aspects (like magic) gets nerfed. You can't have it all.

Fat Mages just want one thing, viable magic contribution, that's all. I want to be good at dps with casting spells and not die when another class just looks at me funny. That's it. And no, I don't want to be a dedicated healer. I want to be a MAGE.

(thank you for pointing out Foot Fighter was the wrong term, I meant to say melee fighters have the Devs' ears. I should probably just stick to a term antimages)