Mage Mana Problems

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Forgive me I don't remember the exact number but rough estimates but...On my fully kitted out bulging sheevra FM I have about 191 mana and Fulm/mental projectile use 30 mana per cast with a return of 80-105ish damage. Right now full rotation i can blast out 6 spells before needing to sit down, good rng thats a riser kill bad rng ill need maybe 2 more spells. Player wise on the tankiest boys they are effectively out of the fight in one fulm/mental projectile combo. -10 mana cost would reduce the cast to 25 mana per but what does that accomplish? The best suggestion that I've seen in this thread is add mana regeneration to the psy stat it would make psy not a dump stat anymore or less of a one anyway and frankly while we are at it add stam regeneration to the con stat or provide a primary skill to make increase to the base regeneration. Really I would just love a complete rework of the skills system but thats a different thread.
If they halved the regen from int and then added half to psyche that would open up alot more psyche fighter builds.

On my mage if I fulm and then mp them they are one hit or two hits for a fighter to finish. Thats around 70 man in about 10 seconds for about 140ish damage being conservative. The other route is to use corrupts which is what most of the better mage mains do. You should not be running out of mana casting lessers and corrupts so you can just nuke at the start and then play corrupts or finish with outburst.

I also use a lot of flamestrikes instead of the normal TLs. I just cant go back to TL its like 20 more damage with a FS which will prob have a fulm on them. Easy way to nuke down a player to the point they are one hit and turning back. Even then Im not running out of mana and I dont even have points into dex instead of maxing out psyche. Im not running out of mana on mage in PvP, and if I do I wait like 5 sec and can have a fulm ready if for some reason I dont want to use corrupts which are what you should be using in most fights.

Only time my mage has mana problems is in PvE where you need to have high DPS.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
A big factor here is that we don't have the actual mage armor yet which is coming soon.

You have to remember that you aren't supposed to be wearing 10+kg armor weight and still be an effective pure mage, you're meant to wear very light armor to achieve effective regeneration that allows sustained pressure from offensive spells in fights.

In MO1 mages frequently wore 2-4kg armor sets for this reason.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
It seems people still have no understanding of how the game works LOL
Oh I understand how the game works, I just am not happy with it. Every change that has been put in has brought us closer and closer to mounted online 2 all the changes have disincentivize foot builds and just encouraged mounted 0lay consistently. Stam regeneration problems well not for mounted, mana regeneration? Just run away on your horse take your armor off in transit, sit and your back in the fight with almost 0 risk, that is if you even decide to wear armor cause really why? Mino dungeon getting you down? Ride pass the mobs without a care in the world. War decs coming out? Well I hope you like seeing hoards of horseman riding through towns.

Reactions: Tzone

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I love how the FFs roll in on the convo like the subject matter experts XD ok well since one has a Signature with a featured video on the YT (shout out dope vids) Has there ever been a case where the Mage can be in a 1vX situation and win? no so why are we saying its such a good and busted class? that's not even in the realm of possibility for a mage. but other classes pull it off no problem in their respective situations, a mage cant 1vX wolves 🤣 So to say the class is busted because of Alpha damage and not looking at the DPS problems coupled with the fact that you're asking new players to pay for that experience is just the FFs turning a blind eye because the class that could possibly compete with them needs some improvement is a disservice to the game and the community.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I love how the FFs roll in on the convo like the subject matter experts XD ok well since one has a Signature with a featured video on the YT (shout out dope vids) Has there ever been a case where the Mage can be in a 1vX situation and win? no so why are we saying its such a good and busted class? that's not even in the realm of possibility for a mage. but other classes pull it off no problem in their respective situations, a mage cant 1vX wolves 🤣 So to say the class is busted because of Alpha damage and not looking at the DPS problems coupled with the fact that you're asking new players to pay for that experience is just the FFs turning a blind eye because the class that could possibly compete with them needs some improvement is a disservice to the game and the community.

First, 3rd and 4th clip is mage.

Hopefully you can watch them and figure out why mage is good.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im a mage main now. Why work to be good when you can be good automatically with little effort.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

First, 3rd and 4th clip is mage.

Hopefully you can watch them and figure out why mage is good.
seen this already and beating up noobs in graveyard is not a measuring stick sorry but it was nice of them to edit out the sitting when they burned their mana lmao as you can see its such a problem it's deleted from videos

Reactions: Najwalaylah

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Im a mage main now. Why work to be good when you can be good automatically with little effort.
are you sure you're not playing badly? 🙃 but I'll be looking out to see if you do in persistence I know you already wont

Tzone

May 16, 2021
are you sure you're not playing badly? 🙃 but I'll be looking out to see if you do in persistence I know you already wont
We both know that you admitted in discord that mages are not bad and have been shown plenty of videos and even agreed mages were good. Right after you told us that mages werent bad you started posting in MO2 general that mages are bad and needed buffs to Henrik.

You are lying right now about mages being bad, you just want them to be broken. You are a fake and dishonest person.

For any person think assassin actually believes mages are bad, just know he actually doesn't. You wont convince him because he is already convince that mages are good and is just lying to get buffs for mages. Doesnt mater what you show him, he will not public admit that mages are not bad.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
We both know that you admitted in discord that mages are not bad and have been shown plenty of videos and even agreed mages were good. Right after you told us that mages werent bad you started posting in MO2 general that mages are bad and needed buffs to Henrik.

You are lying right now about mages being bad, you just want them to be broken. You are a fake and dishonest person.

For any person think assassin actually believes mages are bad, just know he actually doesn't. You wont convince him because he is already convince that mages are good and is just lying to get buffs for mages. Doesnt mater what you show him, he will not public admit that mages are not bad.
someone seems triggered

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
if you've played a mage you have ran into this problem, it's in the big mage fight videos if they dont edit it out. In group fights, where the class is supposedly balanced for if you are being active in the fight and throwing out your discount heals and when being pushed you use an offensive spell, even if you are naked and at 100% mana regen. at some point in the fight you need to back off and sit down to regain mana.... this shows that the mana cost system is broken. Some have suggested that the mana regen should be buffed. but with a tweak of a value of 1-2 regen it will not.

here's a suggestion to the dev team, Cut all current mana costs by a value of 10 mana and it would solve this issue so mages can stay in fights longer, the gameplay loop has been said by many vets that opt out of the class that it's just not rewarding and fun to play. and i think it's because of this point right here. please do something about the cost of mana, I dont think the main focus should be on increasing the cost of reagents for the beginner school so that new player are punished for picking up the class because the Vets want it to be harder for other vets to play it. Please dont make the same mistakes as MO1 but keep with the vision of making the New player experience better,
I would be willing to support the current mana costs and regen if casting the lesser spells were more viable, as well as if the big spells actually did something. The damage is low if not ignored, and missing a spell is way too detrimental for a spell that isn't even a projectile... I feel like projectiles would hit more often than the badly coded target box ones.
All in all, standing still during a battle is 150% suicide. Mages, unfortunately, have to stand still to cast anything. Unless you're far back behind your guys in a group fight, you can't do this. With that, you are always stuck healing, and little to nothing more. Mobility (zero) is my biggest issue with the current system.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
seen this already and beating up noobs in graveyard is not a measuring stick sorry but it was nice of them to edit out the sitting when they burned their mana lmao as you can see its such a problem it's deleted from videos

I cut the videos because the fight was over.

If mages were able to perma cast offensive spells they would be insanely busted because it takes less than 12 seconds for a mage to kill while a footfighters time to kill is infinite because of a mechanic called blocking. It's also possible to completely face tank a melee as a mage and win if you play heavy armor which is not that bad.

I think you are just bad at mana management and don't understand that being a good mage requires you to read the battle knowing if you should go offensive and use a lot of mana or defensively and save mana.

Here is a video of a good mage called Fus. Bring up notepad and watch the video.