Lower the graphics on queue screen

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
There's no reason why my 3090 should be running at 80% fan speed for 6 hours just looking at a queue screen unless I'm mining crypto.

edit: I clicked "cancel" and went into the graphical options and turned everything to low and set it from 4k resolution to like 720p. I'm not working my GPU by doing this, but honestly the queue screen shouldn't even be rendered at all. It should just be a black screen with the games logo on it

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila and Starz

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Complete trash. I was number 4 thousand in queue now after 8 hours I am 882. CANT WAIT TO PLAY WOW!!!!!! (sarcasm)

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
I clicked "cancel" and went into the graphical options and turned everything to low and set it from 4k resolution to like 720p. I'm not working my GPU by doing this, but honestly the queue screen shouldn't even be rendered at all. It should just be a black screen with the games logo on it

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Henrik addressed this in his livestream. The login screen renders a huge portion of the map. Yes, that is an awful game design choice. SV never thought to optimize it because they didn’t think that there would be long queues (100k player cap etc). They are currently looking into ways to optimize it.

Reactions: Sgr